ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#1141 » by queridiculo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:11 pm

Kanyewest wrote:A lot of dropped passes by the Ravens cost them. Lamar also tried to do too much on the play where he fumbled the ball. The Ravens only have 9 points combined in the 1st 3 quarters of their last 2 playoff games.

Not the best coaching job here either.

It's cute to go by the numbers in the regular season when the law of averages are going to end up being in your favor over a large enough sample size, but when it's one and done, I really question the decision making on 4th down by the Ravens early in the game.

Yes, the dropped passes hurt, but the Ravens played like they expected to be in a shootout not a street fight.

That decision to go for it in their own half early deflated the crowd, gave the Titans a ton of confidence when they marched down a short field and doubled their lead.

Baltimore was let down its coaching just as much as it was let by its execution.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#1142 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1143 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#1144 » by Dark Faze » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 pm

I'd trade Haskins and see if we can maybe get a fourth or something and draft Tua.

I think it's crazy that we're in a position to draft dude and not gonna do it. Why? Haskins has his audition and it was bad. Move on.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1145 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:22 am

Dark Faze wrote:I'd trade Haskins and see if we can maybe get a fourth or something and draft Tua.

I think it's crazy that we're in a position to draft dude and not gonna do it. Why? Haskins has his audition and it was bad. Move on.

I see it differently:

Haskins started off shaky (in part due to a HC who wasn't interested in his development) but steadily improved.

You draft Chase Young and create a dominant defensive line.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1146 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:44 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:I'd trade Haskins and see if we can maybe get a fourth or something and draft Tua.

I see it differently:

Haskins started off shaky (in part due to a HC wasn't interested in his development) but steadily improved.

You draft Chase Young and create a dominant defensive line.

Agreed. What did people expect from a rookie who had just 1 full year playing college ball. Haskins is our QB of the future, and I'm happy with that. And if I'm wrong, we'll have a high pick next year to get a QB - but I'm probably not wrong.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,270

Post#1147 » by doclinkin » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 am

Ruzious wrote:Agreed. What did people expect from a rookie who had just 1 full year playing college ball.

One full year behind a dominant offensive line. Looking at his draft highlights I was struck with how long he had back there to make decisions and let his route runners break long or get free. Seemed to me here with our MASH unit O-line woes he was always going to struggle. The franchise that won championships behind the Hogs has failed to build a reliable line. We will get a splashy flashy big name like Trent or draft Scherff early, but next to them its been a dogs breakfast of out of position nobodies, seems to me. We burn through draft picks on useless RBs and failed skill position guys when we ought to be starting with a foundation of the heavy armor up front and dominating teams and giving the QB time. Time to develop and not get happy feet both.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1148 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 591

Post#1149 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1150 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:20 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

:nonono:
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1151 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1152 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1153 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1154 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I was a young man watching this on a 17 inch tv. I recall seeing Miami’s defense bring 8 men to the line, then 2 more into the box.
I said to my friend and his dad, “If he breaks a tackle he’s got a touchdown.”

Then it happened...

I’ve forgotten so much but remember this with so much clarity. Funny how sports can do that.

*side note, look at the great block by the fullback on the linebacker. Rivera has kept a fullback on his teams in the past.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1155 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:15 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I was a young man watching this on a 17 inch tv. I recall seeing Miami’s defense bring 8 men to the line, then 2 more into the box.
I said to my friend and his dad, “If he breaks a tackle he’s got a touchdown.”

Then it happened...

I’ve forgotten so much but remember this with so much clarity. Funny how sports can do that.

*side note, look at the great block by the fullback on the linebacker. Rivera has kept a fullback on his teams in the past.

I'll settle for a TE that can block like Donnie Warren.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,598

Post#1156 » by pancakes3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:11 pm

doesn't take a genius to realize that a 4-man rush that can get past 6 men blocking makes defense easier and yet here we are.
Bullets -> Wizards
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1157 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'll settle for a TE that can block like Donnie Warren.

Funny you mentioned Warren. I’ve been wishing for a blocking TE with sure hands.
If Thaddeus Moss LSU 6’3” 225lbs or Luke Farrell Ohio St. 6’6” 250lbs are available in the seventh round I hope the team considers taking one of them.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1158 » by Wizardspride » Tue Feb 4, 2020 4:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1159 » by Wizardspride » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1160 » by Wizardspride » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards