Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#1061 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#1062 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1063 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,335

Post#1064 » by dobrojim » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:50 pm

starting at the bottom of this thread - thoughts on hiring a new coach before hiring
a new GM?

Seems like that same mistake cost D$ in the past at least once. Is Rivera all that ie so good
he should be imposed on whoever the GM hire is? Sally Jenkins thinks so. I like her but
it just seems like she ignored that whole issue in her piece on D1 today.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1065 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#1066 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=20

:nod:
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1067 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm

That should help the Skins' leverage in trying to trade Trent "That's what dogs do" Williams. I don't particularly want to be rooting for him next season.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1068 » by queridiculo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:11 pm

dobrojim wrote:starting at the bottom of this thread - thoughts on hiring a new coach before hiring
a new GM?

Seems like that same mistake cost D$ in the past at least once. Is Rivera all that ie so good
he should be imposed on whoever the GM hire is? Sally Jenkins thinks so. I like her but

The Panthers haven't exactly distinguished themselves as a well run organization over the years, so the bet has to be that Rivera was ultimately betrayed by front office incompetence?

Rivera's Panthers didn't post back to back winning seasons even once during his 9 years down there and if defense, discipline and structure is all he's going to bring with him, who is supposed to provide the spark to turn things around upstairs and on the offensive side?

Snyder has proven that this approach to hiring a coach and figuring the rest out on of the fly doesn't work on a number of occasions now, what has changed, why should anybody buy this malarkey yet again?
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1069 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1070 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:25 pm

dobrojim wrote:starting at the bottom of this thread - thoughts on hiring a new coach before hiring
a new GM?

I think that will continue to be problematic. And even if he did hire the GM first, Snyder would likely still be the one who would hire the head coach - he wouldn't let the GM do what is traditionally the GM's job. No quality candidate outside the organization would take the Skins' GM job, because it's essentially been to be a Yesman to Snyder. So the new GM might as well be someone who's earned the job inside the organization.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1071 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1072 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:33 pm

queridiculo wrote:
a new GM?

The Panthers haven't exactly distinguished themselves as a well run organization over the years, so the bet has to be that Rivera was ultimately betrayed by front office incompetence?

Rivera's Panthers didn't post back to back winning seasons even once during his 9 years down there and if defense, discipline and structure is all he's going to bring with him, who is supposed to provide the spark to turn things around upstairs and on the offensive side?

Snyder has proven that this approach to hiring a coach and figuring the rest out on of the fly doesn't work on a number of occasions now, what has changed, why should anybody buy this malarkey yet again?

I don't think there's any way to logically criticize hiring Rivera. He was NFL Coach of the Year in 2013 and 2015 and won over 10 games in 3 of his 9 years as head coach. Before that, he was considered a great assistant coach - helping the Bears to the SB. The Skins were not going to get a better candidate.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1073 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1074 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:27 pm

It wasn't my idea, but Louis Riddick would probably make a lot of sense as Skins GM. He's a fairly popular media guy who appears to be very smart, he's a big Haskins fan, and he started out his post football playing career with the Skins organization.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1075 » by Wizardspride » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,335

Post#1076 » by dobrojim » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:20 pm

Re Haskins - I'm not familiar with how the top football prospects are rated but if there
was an absolutely no miss franchise QB available at our pick, wouldn't you have to take him?
Or would you leverage it for multiple picks? I'm reminded at this point by Elway's shafting
of my (Baltimore) Colts and of the trajectory of the 2 franchises following his trade to DEN.
All that said, great teams are built on the foundation of great linemen.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1077 » by Wizardspride » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1078 » by Wizardspride » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1079 » by Wizardspride » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:18 pm

dobrojim wrote:Re Haskins - I'm not familiar with how the top football prospects are rated but if there
was an absolutely no miss franchise QB available at our pick, wouldn't you have to take him?
Or would you leverage it for multiple picks? I'm reminded at this point by Elway's shafting
of my (Baltimore) Colts and of the trajectory of the 2 franchises following his trade to DEN.

I believe Haskins is going to be a stud so No, I wouldn't select another QB.

I'd select Chase Young (we will) and not look back.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1080 » by Ruzious » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:38 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
dobrojim wrote:Re Haskins - I'm not familiar with how the top football prospects are rated but if there

I believe Haskins is going to be a stud so No, I wouldn't select another QB.

I'd select Chase Young (we will) and not look back.

Yeah, if they keep the pick, Young has to be the pick. He's regarded as far and away the top prospect. But... if someone makes an enormous offer - something like what the Skins gave up for RG3 - ya gotta consider it - especially because the Skins were one of the better pass-rushing teams in the NFL.

Return to Washington Wizards