The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#21 » by AFM » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:47 pm

Doug_Blew wrote:
AFM wrote:We have to keep Jackson, lets be real fam.
I thought he wanted to stay here?

I sat next to him on a flight to LA a few weeks ago, I should have made my case

You're one of those first class dudes, eh?

Yeah right, there was no first class on this flight, just that faux first class where they give you an extra 3" of room
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#22 » by Wizardspride » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:50 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#23 » by sfam » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:03 pm

The Redskins are as idiotic a front office staff as I've ever seen. That they could end up where they are with Cousins is insane. The guy is gonna make more money than Tom Brady, and the Redskins are fully to blame.

That said, they need to sign his butt to a long term contract. They really have no choice.
sfam
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by sfam » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:05 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Doctson is a frickin first round pick. Of course we should be able to rely on him. I'm so not worried about our WR corps when compared to our line play.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#25 » by TGW » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:58 pm

sfam wrote:The Redskins are as idiotic a front office staff as I've ever seen. That they could end up where they are with Cousins is insane. The guy is gonna make more money than Tom Brady, and the Redskins are fully to blame.

That said, they need to sign his butt to a long term contract. They really have no choice.

I'm all for trading him. Personally, I don't want a QB that pees the bed every time he's faced with adversity.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#26 » by Rafael122 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 8:27 pm

The interception vs the Giants to seal the game is a microcosm of Cousins' career: he can pad his stats with the best of them but when you need that game winning drive, he goes into his shell.

Honestly, if we can get the #2 pick overall, their second rounder this year and first rounder next year, do it. Pray that Cleveland picks Trubisky, take Garrett at #2 and BPA at #17. You walk in with 10 picks, and walk out with 12, and hoping that at least half of of them end up being starters.

The Niners would be a lot worse off w/Kirk. You trade away two picks and a 1 next season and it's difficult to get anything done unless they overpay for free agents.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#27 » by Wizardspride » Wed Mar 8, 2017 6:03 am

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#28 » by Wizardspride » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#29 » by Wizardspride » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:49 pm

Read on Twitter
sfam
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by sfam » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:50 pm

The Niners are paying 16 million for Pierre Garcon?

I wish Pierre the best and really liked his time here. But he's not worth 16 mil a season. I'm guessing this is a signing bonus and that he'll end up with a more reasonable figure.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#31 » by Rafael122 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:53 pm

sfam wrote:The Niners are paying 16 million for Pierre Garcon?

I wish Pierre the best and really liked his time here. But he's not worth 16 mil a season. I'm guessing this is a signing bonus and that he'll end up with a more reasonable figure.

The $16 mil is the first year. Niners have a ton of cap space so you're probably going to see a lot of front loaded contracts.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#32 » by Wizardspride » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#33 » by keynote » Wed Mar 8, 2017 8:02 pm

This team is a mess.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#34 » by AFM » Wed Mar 8, 2017 9:21 pm

What the hell is happening
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#35 » by Wizardspride » Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#36 » by Dark Faze » Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:21 pm

My take is that Scot probably has serious personal issues that started not too long ago leaving the FO in a bad place. The timing is just too bad for this to be a power struggle. If they had concerns about how he melded with the FO or his ability to do the job he would have been fired once the season ended. There's no reason for Scot to be playing ball and keeping his mouth shut for any other reason than if he was in the wrong in a serious way. If the skins being dysfunctional and wanting to do a power grab was the only real motive then there's no way that Scot isn't leaking absolutely everything he can. He'd have nothing to lose. But he's been quiet and has been trying to stick with the storyline surrounding his grandmother.

I think Bruce and Dan weren't in love with Scot but something likely happened to where there just wasn't much of a choice but try to get rid of him as smoothly as possible. They are trying to protect his reputation in the process by not revealing what happened, but this thing has spiraled so out of control and the timing is so bad that I think Scot "resigns" for personal reasons fairly soon.

With Cousins--I don't know who the idea belongs to, hell it could be Scot's, but I think they've been seriously intrigued by getting a decent haul for him. I think they badly want the #2 pick and are hell bent on getting that and another pick. If they can't I think they will extend him. But I think it's in Scot's playbooks to have moved Cousins for picks, let the high priced skill players go and build the way they want to build. I think that was the plan and it backfired when Scot lost it. The Skins are still awkwardly trying to follow that playbook.

They extended Jay because of how chaotic things are and needing some level of calm in the locker room. Also as an apology for the insanity.

That's my take. I think the Skins will get the #2 and additional picks (nothing too crazy) for Kirk and roll with Colt this year. I don't think its a terrible move--they had a bunch of win now players in place and Kirk has proven himself to be mentally fragile. Having him go through a rebuild with them just isn't good even if they like his talent. Better to get a pick.

Scot going off the deep end is what makes this whole thing so much worse than it probably was otherwise going to be.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#37 » by Wizardspride » Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#38 » by Wizardspride » Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#39 » by Wizardspride » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:05 pm

Read on Twitter
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#40 » by Upper Decker » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:34 pm

Chris Russell is the most annoying beat writer ever. 50% of his tweets are about non-Redskins stuff, the other 50% are of the "I told you!" variety.

I don't know how to express my feelings about the Redskins other than it's become so complicated it's getting to the point we just need to break up.

How they handle this Kirk situation is a make or break moment for the franchise. They miscalculated his contract last off-season so poorly I'm not surprised someone got canned, a fall guy was required. Whether or not they canned the right guy remains to be seen. By the way Kirk vindictively screamed, "how you like me now," at Scot, it showed me how pissed Kirk is about everything and his desires to leave the organization. He's gone. Our only hope is the Redskins can salvage decent picks from the whiners in the process.

Return to Washington Wizards