And1: 595

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#241 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:13 am

Reported signings but not confirmed by Redskins

Tyler Catalina, OT, Georgia

Kyle Kalis, OL, Michigan

Zach Pascal, RB, Old Dominion

James Quick, WR, Louisville

I think I read somewhere that we have signed the fewest UDFA due to having a full roster. In order to sign any more players the team would need to cut someone.

Other players reported going to the Skins are unsigned invitees to rookie training camp if I understand correctly.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#242 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:25 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:What about Will Likely?

"Stick that guy in a 6-foot body and he's probably the first cornerback off the board this year. He's got everything you want other than NFL size. He's a really good football player but it's going to be hard to bang the table for a 5-foot-7 cornerback who is coming off of an ACL tear." -- AFC Director of College Scouting

Love to bring him in too but with all the DB drafted I don't think he's in any hurry to come & he needs to heal that ACL first.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#243 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:13 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:

"Stick that guy in a 6-foot body and he's probably the first cornerback off the board this year. He's got everything you want other than NFL size. He's a really good football player but it's going to be hard to bang the table for a 5-foot-7 cornerback who is coming off of an ACL tear." -- AFC Director of College Scouting

Love to bring him in too but with all the DB drafted I don't think he's in any hurry to come & he needs to heal that ACL first.

Darrel Green is 5'8"
In Rizzo we trust
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#244 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:39 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:

Darrel Green is 5'8"

I can't say he's going to be DG but I'm all for bringing him in.
I still think his agent, if he has one, will advise him to go else where. Gruden said the draft FO heads were drafting size with attitude. He has the right attitude...

~ Confucius about 500 BC
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#245 » by sfam » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:52 pm

On paper, this looks like the best draft in years. Starting with a Dlineman, a top 5 talent? Sign me up!!!
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#246 » by Rafael122 » Mon May 1, 2017 1:34 pm

Yeah I'm expecting at least 4 of these guys to be starters, Allen, Anderson, Perine, and Moreau. Rest of the guys sans the o-lineman we took I figure would be special teams guys to start off. I think they had a really good draft, and overall, the offseason was a success. It's just too bad it got overshadowed by the front office crap.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#247 » by BearlyBallin » Tue May 2, 2017 1:12 am

Rafael122 wrote:Yeah I'm expecting at least 4 of these guys to be starters, Allen, Anderson, Perine, and Moreau. Rest of the guys sans the o-lineman we took I figure would be special teams guys to start off. I think they had a really good draft, and overall, the offseason was a success. It's just too bad it got overshadowed by the front office crap.

I was surprised that Moreau was still there in the third round, but happy to have him. The others will help ST & maybe in sub packages too.

Some analysts are calling Josh Holsey a steal & predicting he will make the team and be the nickelback. Cover corner that can run & jump. Needs work on tackling. Seems to have healed from the 2 ACL tears.

Josh Harvey-Clemons is listed as a LB on the Redskins roster. Seems he played some at OLB, CB & S in college. Had a slow 40 at his pro day 4.7 but I've seen other reports listing him between 4.5 - 4.6 seconds. Lol I wonder if he ends up getting more play as the dime linebacker than Nicholson gets at Safety. (read MSU had Nicholson covering WR's one on one last year, so he must have more skills then just a fast 40)

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#248 » by BearlyBallin » Tue May 2, 2017 1:36 am

Last year a few UDFA made the team. Fat Rob, M. Harris WR, A. Lanier DE

I'll be rooting for Tyler Catalina, OL to make the practice squad.

03/17/17 - Georgia Pro day: ...The player who likely helped himself the most Wednesday was offensive lineman Tyler Catalina (6-4, 330 pounds), who showed surprising athleticism, recording a 31-inch vertical (which would have ranked second among guards tested at the Combine) and good strength with 29 repetitions of 225 pounds on the bench press -- a solid indicator that he possesses the power necessary to inside after playing tackle for the Bulldogs and previously at Rhode Island. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

He's #72 at OT in these highlights

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#249 » by BearlyBallin » Tue May 2, 2017 2:55 pm

Found this photo of Anthony Lanier, DE & Matt Ioannidis DL in the Offseason Workouts, day one of phase 2 gallery
Lanier is up to 282 lbs from 260 & Ioannidis up to 308 from 299 lbs
Hoping they can make a step towards helping the DL

Kiem of ESPN had this to say about Ioannidis-

Matt Ioannidis: The Redskins drafted him in the fifth round last year, hoping he would develop as a nose but also be able to play tackle in their nickel package. But it was a big adjustment for him considering he did not play this spot at Temple. Before the draft, because he weighed 299 pounds, most teams had talked to him about playing tackle in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4 -- not nose. However, Ioannidis does play with strength and, in the end, could be the best option here. He’s been focused on adding weight.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#250 » by BearlyBallin » Tue May 2, 2017 4:35 pm

Read on Twitter

I really hope this guy does well even if it's for another team.
I've read that he's a good IQ & high character guy.
And yes he needs to learn to run routes, but it seems like most rookie WR's need work on that.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#251 » by BearlyBallin » Tue May 2, 2017 7:37 pm

Jay Gruden Says To 'Keep An Eye' On Robert Davis

Stephen Czarda
Senior Writer And Content Coordinator
@Redskins

... perhaps, the most intriguing prospect for the coaching staff to work with this summer.

“[Wide receivers coach] Ike Hilliard had a pretty good grade on him and really liked him,” Redskins head coach Jay Gruden said. “...big...strong...fast and he can catch. He was productive; I don’t know what else you want in a wide receiver... He can play outside, run through arm tackles so keep an eye on him.”

...against West Virginia, Alabama, Washington, Clemson, Oregon and Wisconsin, Davis recorded 23 receptions for 335 yards and three touchdowns, going against...Marcus Peters, Marlon Humphrey and other first-round talents.

"All I can say is I’m a football player,” Davis said. “I don’t even consider myself as just a wide receiver. I consider myself a football player. I feel like I can go out there and make plays on special teams. I’m willing to block. I went to a triple option high school, where that was the only thing we did. I only caught [11] passes my high school career. I mean, blocking was what I did, and I am a skilled blocker. I’m a physical guy and I’m a guy who’s willing to go out there and compete."

Read on Twitter

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#252 » by BearlyBallin » Wed May 3, 2017 10:00 pm

EDITED

Washington Redskins confirmed

Full list of UDFAs signed:

Brandon Banks, DE/OLB, Charlotte - 6’3”, 262 lbs

Tyler Catalina, OG, Georgia - 6’4, 330 lbs

Levern Jacobs, WR/KR, Maryland - 5’11”, 182 lbs

Kyle Kalis, OG, Michigan - 6’4”, 306 lbs

Zach Pascal, WR, Old Dominion - 6’2”, 219 lbs

Ondre Pipkins, DL, Texas Tech - 6’3, 307 lbs

James Quick, WR, Louiville - 6’, 186 lbs

Fish Smithson, FS, Kansas - 5’10”, 201 lbs

team waived 4 to make room for signings

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#253 » by BearlyBallin » Mon May 8, 2017 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,012

Post#254 » by Dark Faze » Tue May 9, 2017 8:00 pm

Scot Mccloughan praising the skins and called the separation mutual.

Yea, dude was drinking lol. The skins covered for him and so he's playing the good soldier now.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#255 » by Wizardspride » Sun May 14, 2017 3:25 am

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#256 » by Wizardspride » Wed May 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#257 » by Wizardspride » Wed May 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#258 » by BearlyBallin » Fri May 26, 2017 5:27 am

https://www.profootballfocus.com/author/palo20/

Steve Palazzolo, PFF -
...10 mid-rounders that should make a significant impact for their team
3. Chase Roullier, C, Wyoming (Round 6, pick No. 199)

"Finding a starting offensive lineman in the sixth round represents great value, and that may be what the Redskins found in Roullier. He was one of the nation’s best guards in 2015, earning a 90.6 overall grade that season, and ranked 11th in the nation after moving to center in 2016 (81.8 overall grade). Roullier has the quickness and power to play in any scheme in the run game, and he’s been solid in pass protection, surrendering only 14 total QB pressures on 882 attempts over the last two years. Expect Roullier to compete for snaps at either left guard or center very shortly."

I thought he was going to be a back up C/G, but it'd be great if he can really compete for a starting position. If he ends up at center and Long moves to LG I wonder if the team feels Ronald Patrick can be the backup C... This makes me wonder if we bring in another Backup C in August after teams trim down rosters to 53.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 369

Post#259 » by Silvie Lysandra » Fri May 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Scot Mccloughan praising the skins and called the separation mutual.

Yea, dude was drinking lol. The skins covered for him and so he's playing the good soldier now.

I think he was drinking BUT Scot could have made this really ugly by making their drinking culture an issue if there was actual hostility between the two sides.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#260 » by Wizardspride » Tue May 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Washington Wizards