Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#321 » by queridiculo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:
gtn130 wrote:Cousins is not an above average starting QB. He's Andy Dalton tier. He's competent with a good supporting cast and that's about it.

Dalton is a gamer, I wish Cousins was in his zip code.

Did you see the Bengals/Ravens game yesterday?

Not really, but I still consider him a better QB than Cousins. Not really praising Dalton here, I just don't see how Cousins is anything more than a below average game manager.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#322 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:06 am

Skins win 27-20 over the Rams

Washington Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Rob Kelley 12 78 6.5 0 21
Chris Thompson 3 77 25.7 2 61
Samaje Perine 21 67 3.2 0 12
Kirk Cousins 3 7 2.3 0 7
TEAM 39 229 5.9

I love a good running game.

Time of possession skins 36 minutes- Rams 23 minutes

:lol:
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,777

Post#323 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm

$24 million for a game manager.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#324 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Skins really should use Thompson more as a RB and find someone else to return kickoffs! He's added some good weight, and that should make him more durable. He certainly hasn't lost any quickness or speed, and he might be the best playmaker on the team. Fat Rob had some good runs, but his lack of elusiveness kept them from being better. Perine should not be getting 21 carries at this stage of his career - even with Rob getting hurt.

Cousins is looking so ordinary. Skins defense is looking better than their offense this season, but gotta give credit to the offense for an excellent game-winning drive.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#325 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:22 am

Feels like we left a bunch of points on the field. Those two fade calls in the 2nd after we had been pounding them in the mouth? Inexcusable.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#326 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:41 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Feels like we left a bunch of points on the field. Those two fade calls in the 2nd after we had been pounding them in the mouth? Inexcusable.

Not just the calls but the execution was terrible - just like last season on every fade attempt. Now that the Skins have so many big receivers, the execution should have improved.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#327 » by Wizardspride » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#328 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

My impression of the defense is - while the talent has improved somewhat, the level of coaching has improved dramatically, and guys like Ioannidis and Preston Smith are being used smarter.

Sua Cravens is going to look back and think - how the hell did I make such a stupid decision. This defense and coaching staff could have helped make him a real good NFL player who could have made many millions of dollars. He'll get a second chance, but nobody's gonna trust him, and he's lowered his potential future earnings by a ton. I don't blame him for being angry about them miss-using him last year as an under-sized ILBer, but they moved him to strong safety - the perfect position for him and less risk for him getting hurt.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: RE: Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#329 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Rafael122 wrote:$24 million for a game manager.

If not for injuries to Robert Griffin where would Kirk Cousins be?

Kirk can pass the ball down field, but he's always thrown interception at crucial times. I won't be a hypocrite. I remember posting Cousins is a starting-caliber quarterback the day Griffin and he were drafted. I thought Shanahan preferred him. I'm not surprised Kirk is a starter who's commanding lots of salary

However, I think part of the reason he is in the lofty position he is in the backlash against Robert Griffin. If Kirk had started day one and Robert Griffin have been the backup I wonder how things would be today?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#330 » by Wizardspride » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#331 » by Wizardspride » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Read on Twitter
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#332 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 pm

Oakland 3pt favorites

Foster, Reed & Kelly inactive

Skins in primetime, jinx or opportunity to show off?

Hoping the skins OL flex their running game muscles & DL stops the run.

this game will be decided in the trenches
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
benb331
Pro Prospect
And1: 314

Post#333 » by benb331 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:37 am

I think that was the most dominant Redskins game I've ever seen. Defense punched them in the mouth on Play #2 and never looked back. Helluva game. Chris Thompson, if he stays healthy, is a weapon on par with Jordan Reed.
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#334 » by zero2hero » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 am

Redskins whooped them thoroughly. Don't look now, but our run game might be legit. Cousins look good, but he's always been a good quarterback when we can control the gameflow.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#335 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:41 pm

benb331 wrote:I think that was the most dominant Redskins game I've ever seen. Defense punched them in the mouth on Play #2 and never looked back. Helluva game. Chris Thompson, if he stays healthy, is a weapon on par with Jordan Reed.

What a great game - and against a good team. At this rate, Thompson could make the Pro Bowl despite being a backup on his own team. Even with Kelly sidelined, he played in less than half of the offensive downs.

Gotta repeat what I said about the defense - the coaching this year compared to last is night and day. And how about Montae Nicholson? If Cravens hadn't quit, Nicholson probably wouldn't have been activated.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,777

Post#336 » by Rafael122 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Only concern I have as of now is with Thompson, you could easily fall into this trap of using him a lot more than you should. He's tiny, you hope for someone like Brown or Perine to step up.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#337 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Perine got dinged up on the fumble. I wonder how long he will be out.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#338 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Only concern I have as of now is with Thompson, you could easily fall into this trap of using him a lot more than you should. He's tiny, you hope for someone like Brown or Perine to step up.

He's short, but he's not tiny. He's clearly bigger and stronger than when he came out of college and probably bigger than Warrick Dunn and some others who proved to be durable. There shouldn't be a problem giving him 10 to 15 touches a game - and I doubt they have any other intentions based on what they've done the first 3 games. Just don't use him on kickoff returns. They finally used Mack Brown some, and he looked good. Frankly, I don't think there's much difference between Brown and Kelly. Kelly's a little more physical, but Brown's quicker. Kelly just doesn't make enough people miss to be a starter, imo, and Perine is green. So, not a perfect situation but they should be able to mix and match the others as long as 2 of them are healthy to go with Thompson. But yeah, they need to protect Thompson to an extent because they can't replace him.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#339 » by Wizardspride » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#340 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Still not sure Cousins has had a real good game against a good defense. Oakland's strength has been its offense, and the win last night belonged more to the Skins' defense than its O, imo.

Return to Washington Wizards