ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#61 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:55 pm

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins "appealed personally" to owner Dan Snyder for a trade.

Per Mort, Cousins was "basically told not to get his hopes up." The well has been poisoned in Washington, with team president Bruce Allen alienating his franchise quarterback for essentially no reason. The nature of the modern NFL is that you have to pay quarterbacks more than you might sometimes be comfortable with. Whomever ends up replacing Cousins in Washington, this year or next, will almost certainly be a downgrade. The Redskins still can't stay out of their own way. It's a sad state of affairs for what should be a crown-jewel franchise.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#62 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#63 » by nuposse04 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 5:03 pm

Being a fan of this franchise during the off season is like receiving a constant enema for no apparent reason. We are Sisyphus incarnate in DC with pro football except we never get to the **** top we just get crushed by the rock mid climb and have the fanatical gall to tread onward into oblivion. Retract the franchise.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#64 » by Dark Faze » Thu Mar 9, 2017 5:14 pm

this is the worst it's ever been
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#65 » by AFM » Thu Mar 9, 2017 5:26 pm

Man wtf happened...

Actually looked like we were turning things around
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#66 » by Rafael122 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 5:42 pm

AFM wrote:Man wtf happened...

Bruce saw that Scot was getting a ton of credit, got jealous and began the process of getting him out. The Cooley tidbit on his radio show where he openly questioned whether Scot was on the sauce or not probably came from Bruce. I also think Cooley wants him out b/c he tried to make a comeback and Scot squashed that.

It doesn't help that the media is joining in on the "let's set everything on fire." Doesn't help that shows like the Junkies apparently have people following Scot around. You don't hear any of this happening with any other team or fanbase. This team became very boring because they seemed to be turning a corner and improving, but nope, can't have that...got to have anarchy b/c that's all they know. Team and media included. This is why you have 4 hour radio shows in DC w/all Redskins talk in the middle of February. Meanwhile, the hockey and basketball team have a legitimate shot at the ECF.

It's why I stopped listening to sports talk radio show here. Everyone is miserable b/c that's what they want. It's exhausting, and it's only March!
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#67 » by AFM » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:10 pm

Thanks for the rundown.
Of course it is possible that Scot is actually back on the sauce. Alcoholism is a lifelong struggle. But I shouldn't speculate.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#68 » by BigA » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:39 pm

AFM wrote:Thanks for the rundown.
Of course it is possible that Scot is actually back on the sauce. Alcoholism is a lifelong struggle. But I shouldn't speculate.

He's never stopped drinking, according to stuff that was published when he was hired. None of the reporting mentions this as a factor. Except for McCloughan being angry about the team not shooting down the Cooley speculation.

The WaPost article today highlights the disagreement over Cousins and other instances where Allen overruled McCloughan on personnel decisions. Allen believing he was being undermined when it got around that McCloughan told people that he would have signed Cousins to a long term deal last off season.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#69 » by 80sballboy » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:41 pm

Saqs wrote:As a lifetime Skins fan.....they may have finally sent my fandom to the coffin. Utter and strict buffoonery goin on in the front office.

Come to the dark side, I mean the purple side in Charm City. :D
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#70 » by Upper Decker » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:12 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
AFM wrote:Man wtf happened...

The Cooley tidbit on his radio show where he openly questioned whether Scot was on the sauce or not probably came from Bruce. I also think Cooley wants him out b/c he tried to make a comeback and Scot squashed that.

I can't and-1 this post enough. Chris Cooley is pure toxic waste for the organization. He's a rumor floating mouthpiece for the FO and completely self serving. I'm glad he's no longer on Steve Czaban in the afternoons because I really enjoy listening to Czabe.
Saqs
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#71 » by Saqs » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:28 pm

80sballboy wrote:
Saqs wrote:As a lifetime Skins fan.....they may have finally sent my fandom to the coffin. Utter and strict buffoonery goin on in the front office.

Come to the dark side, I mean the purple side in Charm City. :D

lol that'll never happen. Just sad that this team was so close to being a contender for the next 5 years or so but because of egotistical infighting within the front office they've seemingly flushed it ALL down the toilet and into the abyss, effectively transforming into NFC Cleveland in a span of 2 months..... :waaa: :nonono:
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#72 » by gtn130 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:45 pm

honestly i'm not even sure how everything that has transpired was even possible
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#73 » by stevemcqueen1 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:11 pm

To be clear, nothing has actually transpired yet. Everyone is guessing at what's going on. Nobody knows. I'm not going to get worked up about all of the innuendo being reported. I'm going to wait to see what happens.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#74 » by gtn130 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:25 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:To be clear, nothing has actually transpired yet. Everyone is guessing at what's going on. Nobody knows. I'm not going to get worked up about all of the innuendo being reported. I'm going to wait to see what happens.

Garcon and Jackson are gone. Kirk Cousins is asking to be traded. Scot McCloughan didn't attend the combine and isn't participating in free agency.

Let us know when you've nailed down the real reasons for concern.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#75 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#76 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:58 pm

Read on Twitter
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#77 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:13 pm

Just another day in the clusterflickin world of Baby Danny.

Not sure who I hate worse -- The Danny or the Donald.

Both of them are egotistical fools who surround themselves with yes men.
In Rizzo we trust
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#78 » by popper » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:14 pm

Sudfeld in Uganda for third time with Assist International. I like this kid a lot. Can't wait to see him again in preseason.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#79 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:21 pm

popper wrote:Sudfeld in Uganda for third time with Assist International. I like this kid a lot. Can't wait to see him again in preseason.

Well, you just might get to see him during the season.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#80 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Washington Wizards