ImageImageImageImageImage

God I love this squad. Washington Wizards positivity thread.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#1 » by doclinkin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:00 am

So many years of cynicism and bitching and fussing about things. I figure its fair to have a thread dedicated to saying good things about the squad. Not for 'I told you so's' or that sort of thing, :clown: but if you want to post a mea culpa my bad I was wrong on here and drop some of your past negativity, in this thread you can bask in saying good things and just be happy for a few seconds. Win or lose this squad has been tough and full of heart and satisfying to watch this year. I love our young core, I love the energy or pick ups like Jason Smith. Love the chemistry of the team and leadership shown by our own point god teh Wallstar John Wall. So check in if you feel like saying something good about the team.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,220

Re: God I love this squad. Washington Wizards positivity thread. 

Post#2 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:01 am

I'm very drunk right now and this came up on my phone but I'm at Blackfinn going nuts over this win we kick azz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#3 » by AFM » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:02 am

I love doc!!!
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#4 » by doclinkin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:11 am

Positivity my friends. This thread is not for picking fights, its for all fans to get a chance to redeem their happiness in how cool it is to root for a squad this badass. Off topic posts will be reported :clown:
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#5 » by Illmatic12 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:16 am

I gotta say it: this team is probably more fun than the peak Arenas teams. Definitely been a joy to watch everything come together for this squad
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#6 » by montestewart » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:17 am

milellie111 wrote:Grunfeld has proven doubters wrong and has built a contender. The TRUE Wizards fans are being rewarded for their patience. Ted knew that a contender is not built overnight and his plan worked.

It's not only the fact that TRUE Wizards fans are being rewarded. What I really love is how FAKE Wizards fans are being paraded through the streets in soiled diapers and giant CUCKOLD hats as punishment for their impatient fake fandom. Bring a squirt gun filled with warm yellow liquid and join in on the fun. An NBA championship is practically an afterthought compared to righteous justice. Now THAT is positivity, just what Dr. Positivity ordered.

GO WIZ!!!!!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#7 » by montestewart » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:29 am

EG turned a putrid bench into a fine bench on the fly midyear. Looking at the bench now: Mahinmi, Smith, Bogdonovic, Oubre, Satoransky, and Jennings, that's a quality bench that is coming together right when the team desperately needs to be able to rely on the bench, because the starters carried the team for most of the season. This is like the first time I've ever seen EG manage to come through like that, but better late than never. I'm seeing a team that might just make the finals, and I have to give EG a little credit for putting it together.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#8 » by NatP4 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:41 am

montestewart wrote:EG turned a putrid bench into a fine bench on the fly midyear. Looking at the bench now: Mahinmi, Smith, Bogdonovic, Oubre, Satoransky, and Jennings, that's a quality bench that is coming together right when the team desperately needs to be able to rely on the bench, because the starters carried the team for most of the season. This is like the first time I've ever seen EG manage to come through like that, but better late than never. I'm seeing a team that might just make the finals, and I have to give EG a little credit for putting it together.

Woah
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#9 » by montestewart » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:55 am

NatP4 wrote:
montestewart wrote:EG turned a putrid bench into a fine bench on the fly midyear. Looking at the bench now: Mahinmi, Smith, Bogdonovic, Oubre, Satoransky, and Jennings, that's a quality bench that is coming together right when the team desperately needs to be able to rely on the bench, because the starters carried the team for most of the season. This is like the first time I've ever seen EG manage to come through like that, but better late than never. I'm seeing a team that might just make the finals, and I have to give EG a little credit for putting it together.

Woah

Rhymes with Noah
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#10 » by AFM » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:58 am

Where's milellie?

This team is on FIYAH!!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#11 » by nate33 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:58 am

I must say, the team really does have a lot of good pieces that fit together well. The big concern is Morris' inconsistency. When he's playing like Draymond Green lite, then our starting lineup has everything you need in a contender, and our bench can outplay most opposing benches.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#12 » by BigA » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:21 am

Happy to be wrong about this team.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#13 » by doclinkin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:09 am

AFM wrote:Where's milellie?

This team is on FIYAH!!

She posted 2nd in this thread. I reported her for taunting :clown: OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL BE BANNED!! there's plenty of other threads for that.

I'm actually enjoying the double digit comebacks. Yeah that's unsustainable long term, but it means that even when we are ridiculously far behind I still stay with the squad because at any moment we can make a run. It makes it easy to cheer for the crew if you feel like every game has a chance if we just dial in and focus. The talent is there to hang with anybody, the question is only execution and effort.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#14 » by doclinkin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:13 am

I also love that player success gets rewarded by Brooks. Kelly Oubre is really developing, I love seeing his changing game earn him additional playing time. I especially liked him in that small ball line that we used tonight. No Ian, no Gortat, and we sill snuffed 'em. He and Otto are long enough that they could switch off on LeBron and there was no real drop off either way. Brad is strong enough, John is all over them. We only need Morris to be angry enough to pay attention and we're good.

The sequence where LeBJ tried to back John into the post, he was distracted by Otto creepin in on him and Wall held his ground long enough until he could knock the ball free and convert at the other end. Times like that, when John becomes a Wall and all others pitch in, yeah our defense pleases me.

But Kelly is the one player on this squad who can consistently make me stand up out the chair for his defense alone.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#15 » by doclinkin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:14 am

The fact that Otto had a late season slump when we integrated Bogey suggests he may be a little cheaper to re-sign in the offseason.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#16 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:17 am

doclinkin wrote:The fact that Otto had a late season slump when we integrated Bogey suggests he may be a little cheaper to re-sign in the offseason.

July is far enough away from the end of the regular season that I don't think what happens now will matter for Otto's free agency. Frankly, I think he can only solidify his ability to demand a max/near max deal by having a good postseason.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#17 » by doclinkin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:57 am

stevemcqueen1 wrote:
doclinkin wrote:The fact that Otto had a late season slump when we integrated Bogey suggests he may be a little cheaper to re-sign in the offseason.

July is far enough away from the end of the regular season that I don't think what happens now will matter for Otto's free agency. Frankly, I think he can only solidify his ability to demand a max/near max deal by having a good postseason.

I'm not sure this is positive enough for this thread. Care to rephrase? Or do you need to be reported for posting off-topic in a thread... :clown:
GOD_SHAMMGOD
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#18 » by GOD_SHAMMGOD » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:03 am

This is a funner team than Arenas led teams
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,220

Post#19 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:47 pm

As much fun as it is to watch this team right now is it ECF or bust for this teAm? Is it longer run or done? I'm positive We have the talent to make it to the Finals representing the east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#20 » by montestewart » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:58 pm

doclinkin wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:

I'm not sure this is positive enough for this thread. Care to rephrase? Or do you need to be reported for posting off-topic in a thread...

I can cheerfully say with big-hearted Wizards fan enthusiasm that doc has the quickest reporting first step in the league right now across all metrics. It was just a one post slump on S-Mac's past, and after a conversation with Brooks, squeen will quickly reintegrate into the team's upbeat posting scheme.

Return to Washington Wizards