ImageImageImageImageImage

God I love this squad. Washington Wizards positivity thread.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Re: God I love this squad. Washington Wizards positivity thread. 

Post#41 » by tontoz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:40 pm

montestewart wrote:
TheBabyMaker wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This is POSITIVITY the best Bullets/Wizards squad since 1979.

Record wise yes but not saying much. They are not going far in the playoffs.

Possibly not, but other than the strike season, the is the first season EVER that I underestimated in the preseason their regular season win total. I underestimated the Wall/Beal/Porter leaps forward, I underestimated Oubre's ability to step up as a serious defensive stopper, I underestimated Smith's ability to be a factor, and I (quite legitimately, in my opinion) underestimated EG's ability to try and correct some mistakes mid-season and solidify the bench.

Maybe they get surprised in the 1st round, or maybe they don't get beyond the second round and so not much better than a few years ago. But this is the first time that I can really visualize a Wizards team that perhaps can raise their collective game, come together, and with the right breaks and a little luck, reach the finals. They are definitely an unlikely, dark horse, extremely long shot contender, but that description includes "contender" and that's saying something.

You have a lot of company. Beal's breakout especially has floored me.

I think this team is definitely better than the recent teams that got to the 2nd round. I expect Wall/Beal to step up their D in the playoffs.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#42 » by NatP4 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:13 pm

off topic
deleted

-nate33
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#43 » by nate33 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:40 pm

tontoz wrote: Beal's breakout especially has floored me.

You and me both.

I had all but resigned myself to the belief that Beal was merely an average starting SG - not terrible, but not a game changer either. His breakout has been amazing. The young man is now a legit top 20 scorer in this league.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#44 » by nate33 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 pm

NatP4 wrote:off topic
deleted

-nate33

I think whining about rotations is mostly just judging with 20/20 hindsight. When things work out, Brooks is a genius. When things go bad, it's all because he didn't have that perfect combination of players. It's an unfair standard.

In the playoffs, the strategy with rotations will pretty much take care of itself. Wall and Beal will get all the minutes they can handle at guard, with Jennings getting the rest. Gortat and Mahinmi will split the center minutes, with whomever is playing better getting more minutes. The only real decisions are at forward. Otto will play as many minutes as he can handle, and then it's a matter of deciding between Morris, Oubre, Bogie and Smith who gets the rest. That's going to depend on matchups and foul trouble. I'm starting to think that Bogie might be the odd man out. We really only need him when we need an offensive punch when both Wall and Beal are out, and in the playoffs, there won't be many minutes when both Wall and Beal are out.
europeanfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Post#45 » by europeanfan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:01 pm

montestewart wrote:
TheBabyMaker wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This is POSITIVITY the best Bullets/Wizards squad since 1979.

Possibly not, but other than the strike season, the is the first season EVER that I underestimated in the preseason their regular season win total. I underestimated the Wall/Beal/Porter leaps forward, I underestimated Oubre's ability to step up as a serious defensive stopper, I underestimated Smith's ability to be a factor, and I (quite legitimately, in my opinion) underestimated EG's ability to try and correct some mistakes mid-season and solidify the bench.

Maybe they get surprised in the 1st round, or maybe they don't get beyond the second round and so not much better than a few years ago. But this is the first time that I can really visualize a Wizards team that perhaps can raise their collective game, come together, and with the right breaks and a little luck, reach the finals. They are definitely an unlikely, dark horse, extremely long shot contender, but that description includes "contender" and that's saying something.

I'm not sure if they're more contender or pretender. The defensive metrics are pretty worrying, it"s incredibly hard to reach the Finals with below average defense.

The one reason to hope is that the Cavs are even worse defensively. And we also feel there's some death lineups that are underused at the moment. We'll see, I'm not as optimistic as I once was. We haven't seen good defense over a full game in forever. Even the Millsap-less Hawks on a losing streak had a scoring outburst and almost came back when some players I shall not name were put back into the game, that team should have been held to 90 easily, they scored 100 instead. I mean we can hope Brooks will finally make the tough decisions in the POs and that some players will step up. But at this point I don't know if there's real hope or just wishful thinking on my end, I really can't tell.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#46 » by Dat2U » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:41 pm

deleted

-nate33

:nonono:

And there goes the positivity. Can you for once not rail on Brooks or Wall? Or complain about not getting enough Oubre & Sato? I mean for just once in your freaking life?
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#47 » by Dat2U » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:46 pm

nate33 wrote:
tontoz wrote: Beal's breakout especially has floored me.

You and me both.

I had all but resigned myself to the belief that Beal was merely an average starting SG - not terrible, but not a game changer either. His breakout has been amazing. The young man is now a legit top 20 scorer in this league.

Me three. I was ready to deal Beal for Melo last offseason. :lol:

I thought A. He couldn't stay healthy B. The consistency with his jumper would never match with how pretty it looks.

He's been a revelation and a big reason why were legitimately a top 8 team this year despite arguably having less talent that last year.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#48 » by payitforward » Sat Apr 1, 2017 1:46 am

& me four -- it seemed a long shot, certainly not something to bet $125m on. But I was wrong -- & who's to say he's peaked? Not even 24 years old yet.

This team is better than the teams of 2 & 3 years ago. & yes it's better than the Arenas-era teams as well. Yeah, I'm worried about where we go from here -- but "here" is a lot more fun than "back there" used to be!!!!!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#49 » by BigA » Sat Apr 1, 2017 2:59 am

Kelly's really having a nice game
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,944

Post#50 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 1, 2017 4:19 am

payitforward wrote:& me four -- it seemed a long shot, certainly not something to bet $125m on. But I was wrong -- & who's to say he's peaked? Not even 24 years old yet.

This team is better than the teams of 2 & 3 years ago. & yes it's better than the Arenas-era teams as well. Yeah, I'm worried about where we go from here -- but "here" is a lot more fun than "back there" used to be!!!!!

Im really positive about the team. I think if Westbrook and Harden were not having all time great years Wall would be in the MVP conversation (check Steve Nashes numbers when he won the MVP twice and tell me Wall wouldn't at least be in the conversation), Beal is having a break out year. When players saying on TV Beal was "robbed" with not making the Allstar team thats saying something, Porter is having people talk about maxing him- that is a long way from Shaqtin a Fool. Porter is a needed guy. Morris has had flashes and I especially like how he played when is agent challenged him. If he can keep it together- go get his brother and we can reunite the wonder twins. I still believe the Polish Hammer has one more push in him. Let him rest and recharge for the playoffs. Let him get his Wilt on from now until the playoffs start...then rehydrate and lets roll. KO turning into our KL on defense. Im good with where he is. Bogs can be good....i mean real good. Lets get something out of him and then resign him to a reasonable contract! Jason Smith is a supersayian. I like that he doesnt play scared. He brings it every game...If they win or lose it wont be an issue of effort with jason smith. Jennings... yeah so Mahinmi is playing good D and doing the lords work on the defensive glass. Sato is sitting back and learning. From the 4th seed I can see the finals clearly. We catch Clevland after a long battle with Toronto and we quickly dispatch of boston....and face either the Warriors or SA in the finals. ...my only question is where we celebrating?
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#51 » by doclinkin » Sat Apr 1, 2017 6:09 am

TheBabyMaker wrote:

OFF TOPIC! REPORTED!

:clown:
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#52 » by doclinkin » Sat Apr 1, 2017 6:14 am

deleted

-nate33

OFF TOPIC! BAN THIS MAN!

Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#53 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sat Apr 1, 2017 3:10 pm

Can the playoffs just start already, so we can get a focused funeral team.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#54 » by shawn_hemp » Sat Apr 1, 2017 4:02 pm

I have been a fan of the Wizards since you guys got John Wall.

That playoff series between the Wizards and Bulls in the first round a few years back was when I really saw the potential in the Beal/Wall back court. Otto Porter could have won MIP any other year but Giannis will probably get that. Gortat is a decent rebounder, especially on the offensive end.

I hope they make the Eastern Conference finals
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#55 » by montestewart » Sat Apr 1, 2017 6:31 pm

deleted
-nate33

Come on Nat, let's beat drums in the sweat lodge for a while. Soon after, you'll be one with everything, like an overloaded hot dog.
Jaebality
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#56 » by Jaebality » Sat Apr 1, 2017 6:49 pm

I've been a die-hard fan of the Wizards since my dad took me to a game with Michael Jordan when I was really young. I have watched every game for the past few years and I gotta say this is the most fun Ive had as a fan. Arenas years were definitely exciting but truly heartbreaking with all of the problems we had, including never getting passed cleveland in the first round. This year I can finally see an outside shot of getting to the finals, where we are, I think, still the best team in the east against teams in the west.

I would like to see cleveland later rather than sooner but the way they are playing right now, As long as we dont run into GodMode Lebron I think we could beat them in 7 in the second round as well. Not saying its a huge chance but Im more hopeful than Ive ever been
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#57 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 1, 2017 8:30 pm

The wiz are a championship team! The boys gonna give Gortat a championship send off!
Wall is telling them we need to do this boys....Beal not 100% sure but
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

God I love this squad. Washington Wizards positivity thread. 

Post#58 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sat Apr 1, 2017 9:35 pm

Who needs some gear for the upcoming championship run?
Image ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#59 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 1, 2017 10:31 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Who needs some gear for the upcoming championship run?
Image ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I wish i could give you 10 And1s for this post! I am getting my throwback gear ready. Im thinking Tom Gugliotta!

CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#60 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 1, 2017 11:05 pm

doclinkin wrote:
deleted

-nate33

OFF TOPIC! BAN THIS MAN!

We need a thread that the trolls and haters can go to and just talk bad about all think Wizards, John Wall, Beal, Brooks etc... their own little hate haven...Named NatP4s Hate Haven where the time haters can hang out. so the rest of us don't have to wear out the ignore button because as you guys know....

NatP4 and those like him!

Return to Washington Wizards