ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Nationals Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Re: The Washington Nationals Thread 

Post#181 » by NatP4 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:35 am

Harper vs a tired Davis Lefty righty matchup.

It’s not over yet
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#182 » by queridiculo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:46 am

The Nationals are the biggest tease in baseball, heck all of sports maybe?
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#183 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:53 am

queridiculo wrote:The Nationals are the biggest tease in baseball, heck all of sports maybe?

Yep.

#becauseWashington
In Rizzo we trust
NatP4
RealGM

Post#184 » by NatP4 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 am

queridiculo wrote:The Nationals are the biggest tease in baseball, heck all of sports maybe?

That’s the caps
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#185 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:32 am

Just woke up. I guess that was real and not a nightmare.

So many mistakes - by the Nats and the umpire.

I'm really pissed about the umpire forgetting the rules on batter interference. Unthinkable.
In Rizzo we trust
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#186 » by 80sballboy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 pm

For all the stat geeks, Dusty Baker is now 0-10 his last 10 elimination games.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#187 » by Dark Faze » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Pretty much why I dislike baseball. A sport of hot and cold streaks--you run your guys out there for over 160 games and then have a 5 game series where you can catch a team in whatever trend they are in at the moment.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#188 » by Wizardspride » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#189 » by 80sballboy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Pretty much why I dislike baseball. A sport of hot and cold streaks--you run your guys out there for over 160 games and then have a 5 game series where you can catch a team in whatever trend they are in at the moment.

Not as big a baseball fan as I used to be but I don't understand how you cannot like the baseball playoffs if you are a sports fan. Take away being a Nats fan and that Game 5 was incredible drama. I love basketball but the NBA playoffs blew last season compared to this season's baseball playoffs.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#190 » by Dark Faze » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Oh the games themselves are great, but I think there's an imbalance in regards to their season. That's way too many games to be playing to only get home field advantage. With that many games invested into the regular season, I almost feel like you should be starting the series 1-0.

I mean 162 games. 162.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#191 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Soon to be former National. He had a nice run. The Nats probably did over-pay him, but I thought his signing gave them credibility and leadership - when they badly needed both. He was a difference-maker.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
NatP4
RealGM

Post#192 » by NatP4 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Never forget Adam Lind swinging first pitch in the 8th after back to back 5 pitch walks from Wade Davis when it was obvious he was going to have to go the full 7 outs with no one in the Cubs bullpen. Taylor and Lobotan then singled after Lind grounded into that horrific double play that saved Davis’ ass. Of course Lobotan has to one up Lind for dumbest **** play in sports all year long getting picked off behind the play. Embarrassing.

I can’t even be mad that Harper was given an absolute hanger from Quintana with the bases loaded and one out in the 7th that he just missed.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#193 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Oh the games themselves are great, but I think there's an imbalance in regards to their season. That's way too many games to be playing to only get home field advantage. With that many games invested into the regular season, I almost feel like you should be starting the series 1-0.

I mean 162 games. 162.

I love regular season baseball. LOVE it.

But the playoffs are such a crap shoot that I suffer them more than enjoy them.

I don't really like the WC. A 162 game season provides a true measurement of sustained, organizational excellence and performance. So much of baseball on the moment to moment (BABIP) is pure luck. Over time, that luck aggregates and becomes a true reflection of performance. Five game series are not that much better. I'd be great with a 19 game series.

A season of baseball allows you to enjoy each game at a pace and appropriate level of urgency that makes for mostly calm but periodically gripping consumption. It's like a good novel.
In Rizzo we trust
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#194 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:17 pm

As bad as everyone feels about the Washington Nationals think about the Cleveland Indians who won 22 straight games this year. They were in the World Series and lost last year to the same team that just beat Washington.

I think it's obvious that God only likes the Yankees and the Cubs.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,784

Post#195 » by CobraCommander » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:08 am

Ruzious wrote:Bases loaded for Harper, Nats down by 3, 1 out in the 7th. Does it get any better?

Uh yeah...up one with 2 outs and no men on base with Max on the mound... oh yeah there is that :banghead: :nonono:

Honestly you play the whole regular season wishing for that moment with Max on the mound....if you lose its not on Dusty or the GM...it’s squarely on the players. This is the one time when i can say its not bad luck- its not a bad front office- its not a better team with a bigger star- it wasn’t the refs- the Ws just got beat when they had everything in their favor.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#196 » by CobraCommander » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:09 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:As bad as everyone feels about the Washington Nationals think about the Cleveland Indians who won 22 straight games this year. They were in the World Series and lost last year to the same team that just beat Washington.

I think it's obvious that God only likes the Yankees and the Cubs.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app

God dont like the cubs....god loves Theo...
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#197 » by zero2hero » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:37 am

CobraCommander wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Bases loaded for Harper, Nats down by 3, 1 out in the 7th. Does it get any better?

Uh yeah...up one with 2 outs and no men on base with Max on the mound... oh yeah there is that :banghead: :nonono:

Honestly you play the whole regular season wishing for that moment with Max on the mound....if you lose its not on Dusty or the GM...it’s squarely on the players. This is the one time when i can say its not bad luck- its not a bad front office- its not a better team with a bigger star- it wasn’t the refs- the Ws just got beat when they had everything in their favor.

Agreed. That was an absolute horror show of a choke job by the team. I'm not a Caps fan so I'm not used to insane choke jobs :wink: so I was almost amazed at how much the Nats just gave that game away.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#198 » by CobraCommander » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:12 pm

zero2hero wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Agreed. That was an absolute horror show of a choke job by the team. I'm not a Caps fan so I'm not used to insane choke jobs :wink: so I was almost amazed at how much the Nats just gave that game away.

Gave away a home game with thier Ace on the mound with a lead and closed it with thier best hitter/MVP chasing a strike inside to end the game....i swear if you gave me Max on the mound with a lead at home and Harper at the plate to end the game...i would take that everyday... :(
BarnabyJones
Sixth Man
And1: 292

Post#199 » by BarnabyJones » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:39 pm

DA going in on the Nat's front office right now....

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”― Mark Twain
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#200 » by trast66 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Who will Scott Boras pick to replace Dusty?

Return to Washington Wizards