The Washington Nationals Thread

Moderators: montestewart, nate33, LyricalRico

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 5,344

Re: The Washington Nationals Thread 

Post#281 » by Wizardspride » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:16 am

Read on Twitter
McCabe explains that Trump believed Putin over US intel about NK missiles: "Intel officials [told Trump his position] was not consistent with any of the intel our govt possesses. To which POTUS replied, 'I don't care. I believe Putin.'"
BearlyBallin
Senior
And1: 174

Post#282 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Apr 4, 2018 2:15 pm

:D
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm loving the way DM is playing everyone & the production from this bench.

Not liking how AJ Cole is the 5th starter. He didn't look good last year and I didn't think he had a good spring training either. I'd be happy with anyone who can go 6 innings and keep it under 5 runs. Wonder if Edwin Jackson has anything left.

Not sure of the Turner batting in the 6th hole yet. But I Can't really argue with how well Mighty Mouse & Grins Rendon are doing. Also, I wonder how long Zim bats 4th. If he moves down does Murphy fill the spot when he returns?

What ever happens fun to have baseball back. :P
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#283 » by Wizardspride » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:32 pm

Read on Twitter
McCabe explains that Trump believed Putin over US intel about NK missiles: "Intel officials [told Trump his position] was not consistent with any of the intel our govt possesses. To which POTUS replied, 'I don't care. I believe Putin.'"
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#284 » by Wizardspride » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#285 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 5, 2018 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,403

Post#286 » by Ruzious » Mon May 7, 2018 3:03 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sheesh, with Robles and Soto on their way up to add to Eaton, Taylor and Goodwin, does it make sense to pay for Harper? And they also have an up and coming OF prospect at high A named Telmito Agustin. Maybe they sign him next offseason, keep him another year, and then trade him?

Or... go to a 4 OF lineup - maybe using Eaton or Goodwin as a rover? That's literally an idea out of leftfield.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#287 » by Wizardspride » Mon May 7, 2018 3:30 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sheesh, with Robles and Soto on their way up to add to Eaton, Taylor and Goodwin, does it make sense to pay for Harper? And they also have an up and coming OF prospect at high A named Telmito Agustin. Maybe they sign him next offseason, keep him another year, and then trade him?

Or... go to a 4 OF lineup - maybe using Eaton or Goodwin as a rover? That's literally an idea out of leftfield.

My dream is a Harper-Robles-Soto outfield.

:pray:
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#288 » by Ruzious » Mon May 7, 2018 3:49 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Sheesh, with Robles and Soto on their way up to add to Eaton, Taylor and Goodwin, does it make sense to pay for Harper? And they also have an up and coming OF prospect at high A named Telmito Agustin. Maybe they sign him next offseason, keep him another year, and then trade him?

My dream is a Harper-Robles-Soto outfield.

:pray:

Yeah, and maybe trade Eaton and Goodwin for a couple of young starting pitchers - so they don't have to increase their pitching payroll.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 2,871

Post#289 » by 80sballboy » Mon May 7, 2018 3:57 pm

Eaton is practically untradeable right now coming off a torn ACL last year and a bone bruise in his ankle that isn't improving. Robles also is out for months due to a serious injury. Desperately need Murphy back in the lineup but he's also struggling with pain in that knee.

Thankfully, the Nats have a strong starting staff but the bullpen is shaky as hell.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#290 » by Wizardspride » Mon May 7, 2018 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#291 » by Wizardspride » Mon May 7, 2018 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#292 » by Wizardspride » Tue May 8, 2018 3:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#293 » by 80sballboy » Tue May 8, 2018 6:37 pm

Adams should never leave the lineup unless he's going up against a tough lefty (not sure of his lefty splits). The Zim injury could be a blessing in disguise.
https://www.mlb.com/news/ryan-zimmerman-sits-out-with-minor-injury/c-275709480
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#294 » by Wizardspride » Thu May 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#295 » by Ruzious » Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 pm

80sballboy wrote:Eaton is practically untradeable right now coming off a torn ACL last year and a bone bruise in his ankle that isn't improving. Robles also is out for months due to a serious injury. Desperately need Murphy back in the lineup but he's also struggling with pain in that knee.

Thankfully, the Nats have a strong starting staff but the bullpen is shaky as hell.

Well yeah, I didn't mean now. I meant in the future when their OF prospects are ready. Hellickson's gotten off to a great start, but I would not want to depend on that continuing. When the Baltimore Orioles don't want you back, you're probably not a dependable pitcher.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#296 » by 80sballboy » Mon May 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Another great weekend and more national pub for Soto, though he's tailed off some.
https://www.mlb.com/news/nationals-soto-rising-to-mlb-at-rapid-pace/c-276700022
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,867

Post#297 » by Rafael122 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:58 pm

I was telling a co-worker this but I think I'm more concerned about losing Harper the brand than I am the player. Talent wise, they've got two top 15 prospects who happen to be outfielders, and while they may or may not be the transcendent talent that Harper is, Soto and Robles are going to be here for the next 8-10 years so it's a mixed bag for me for sure. That's a generation of kids who may just stop watching the Nats b/c Bryce is somewhere else.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#298 » by Ruzious » Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I was telling a co-worker this but I think I'm more concerned about losing Harper the brand than I am the player. Talent wise, they've got two top 15 prospects who happen to be outfielders, and while they may or may not be the transcendent talent that Harper is, Soto and Robles are going to be here for the next 8-10 years so it's a mixed bag for me for sure. That's a generation of kids who may just stop watching the Nats b/c Bryce is somewhere else.

I think that as long as the team wins, that won't be a problem. But with the Braves, Phillies and Mets all looking like they can make big steps forward, it's not going to be as easy. The NL East is on its way to being the best division in the NL.
Shoe
Senior
And1: 614

Post#299 » by Shoe » Sun May 20, 2018 5:24 am

The legend of Juan Soto continues into the majors.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#300 » by 80sballboy » Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm

No way Soto looks 19. Dude looks a lot older. But hey, let's bring up a guy who has never gotten past AA. But I get it. They are desperate right now with Zim, Madson, Murphy, Kendrick, Goodwin and Eaton out.

Return to Washington Wizards