OT: Update on Cousins

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Re: OT: Update on Cousins 

Post#21 » by Dat2U » Sun Apr 9, 2017 3:52 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I'd still love Cousins on the Wizards. Our C situation is a big issue going forward. Gortat is slowing down and I don't trust Mahinmi to be able to handle starter's minutes. If we could get Cousins this offseason using Gortat as salary ballast and a 1st round pick, I'd be all for it.

But we don't have that first. :(

I think they'll still find a way if that's what both Wall and Cousins want this offseason.

A 2018 1st would be probably be the pick dealt.

I would trade Porter for Cousins (w/o a pick). That would give us 3 big time offensive talents. I think Oubre has shown enough to give me confidence that he could grow into the starting 3 role in time.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#22 » by Kanyewest » Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:35 am

Pelicans now 3-5 without Cousins

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#23 » by TGW » Sun Apr 9, 2017 6:57 am

Get well man.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#24 » by Earth2Ted » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:58 am

Dat2U wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I'd still love Cousins on the Wizards. Our C situation is a big issue going forward. Gortat is slowing down and I don't trust Mahinmi to be able to handle starter's minutes. If we could get Cousins this offseason using Gortat as salary ballast and a 1st round pick, I'd be all for it.

But we don't have that first. :(

I think they'll still find a way if that's what both Wall and Cousins want this offseason.

A 2018 1st would be probably be the pick dealt.

I would trade Porter for Cousins (w/o a pick). That would give us 3 big time offensive talents. I think Oubre has shown enough to give me confidence that he could grow into the starting 3 role in time.

I agree with everything you're saying and would do that deal in a heartbeat- and I think sac would've too. I fear we may have missed our shot at getting him that cheap- but as CCJ says, if he wants to be here and John wants him here, there's a chance.

Return to Washington Wizards