Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Petition to keep Phil Chenier as Color Analyst 

Post#21 » by Tricky_Kid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Doug_Blew wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:
AFM wrote:I find the thread title offensive. Why introduce race into this issue?

I don't understand it too. Why u bring race to this subject?!?

Just in case ...

A color commentator is a North American term for a sports commentator who assists the main commentator, often by filling in any time when play is not in progress. In other regions this role is variously referred to as an analyst or summariser.

I see but it sound weird tbh :)
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Petition to keep Phil Chenier as Color Analyst 

Post#22 » by montestewart » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:
Doug_Blew wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:I don't understand it too. Why u bring race to this subject?!?

Just in case ...

A color commentator is a North American term for a sports commentator who assists the main commentator, often by filling in any time when play is not in progress. In other regions this role is variously referred to as an analyst or summariser.

I see but it sound weird tbh :)

I think it comes from the 2nd commentator being free to fill in the gaps with commentary and analysis, where the first commentator usually is tied to a more straightforward narrative of the game. As in coloring book, the 1st commentator draws the lines and the 2nd commentator fills them with color. And the 2nd commentator is usually more colorful. And isn't it beautiful that the Wizards team had black and white, the United Colors of Washington.

Error Afflalo
Rookie
And1: 687

Re: Petition to keep Phil Chenier as Color Analyst 

Post#23 » by Error Afflalo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Petition in OP up to 1,000 signatures. Another petition is close to 800.

I hate CSN and Monumental.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,155

Post#24 » by AFM » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:10 pm

You just know they're gonna get some young millennial to spice up the commentary! Someone who yells "WOOO YESSIR! HE BROKE DEM ANKLES, BOY!!" at every play
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#25 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:57 am

At least give me young chick and I will swallow that sour pill.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#26 » by closg00 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Ouch!! "The decision" is getting panned in the comments section of current Post article on this (will link later if someone else doesn't)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#27 » by Upper Decker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Mojo Amok wrote:
80sballboy wrote:I will riot if Buck is not retained. Most people don't tune in to see the announcers. If the team is winning, great. The ratings should improve next season not because of the new color analyst. How about better production? Better camera angles. No irrelevant Chris Miller interviews in the middle of the game taking away from the action from some sponsor or Arena Football League hype. Maybe a quick halftime interview with Brooks or an assistant coach instead of a player.

Yeah, they should fire the producer before anyone. We're constantly missing plays due to poorly timed cuts between cameras and the Chris Miller fluff interviews during the game are just intolerable. Nothing against Chris, but just because its Polish Appreciation Night doesn't mean we need a Borscht recipe slapped across the feed during a third quarter run.

That said, the polish actress Miller interviewed was fine as ace.

Return to Washington Wizards