ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #81: Wizards @ Pistons 8 PM (TNT/99.1 FM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

YOUR WINNER

Wizards B Team
80%
Pistons B Team
20%

Total votes: 5

Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Re: GT #81: Wizards @ Pistons 8 PM (TNT/99.1 FM) 

Post#121 » by Dark Faze » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:16 pm

What he does at 1:45--if he can split doubles going to the rack like that consistently next year his ceiling will get to the 27-30 ppg area
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#122 » by tontoz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:21 pm

I got tickets for game 1. Ironic that it will be against the team I followed for years when I lived in Atlanta.

It would be nice to get 50 wins but frankly I would rather see Wall/Beal sit out. Even if they play it is no sure thing we beat a desperate Miami team. They have owned us.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,971

Post#123 » by DCZards » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Yep, the doom on this board is getting a little ridiculous. The Wizards just completed the best season I have witnessed since I started watching basketball 35 freaking years ago and all I seem to read here is negativity. I can out 'negative nancy' anyone but it seems like folks can't enjoy the moment. We started off 2-8 and 7-13 and now were sniffing 50 wins in the very same season. That's incredible! I can put my angst with Ernie & Ted aside until the draft. I love playoff Beal and I know Wall will bust his a** on defense in the postseason. I even think Morris might rotate on D once in a while. There's zero chance in my mind we lose in the first round to Atlanta... and I'd feel pretty good at seeing Boston in the 2nd. The road is tailor made for the Eastern Conference Finals where Cleveland may be beaten down and very vulnerable if they survive a matchup with the toughened up Raps in the 2nd round. It's actually a good time to be a Wizards fan for the first time in decades and folks here can't even realize it.

No doubt this was a regular season to be relished, regardless of how you feel about the FO, the team’s playoff chances or the Zards long-term prospects. As a season ticket planholder for close to 20 years, going to those 17 straight home wins was an unbelievable—and totally unexpected—experience. The phone booth was rocking! And I expect more of the same when the playoffs start this weekend.

So let’s enjoy the here and now…and worry about the playoffs (and the matchup with Atlanta) when they arrive. Go Zards!
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#124 » by dobrojim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Well said DC Zards, well said.

Still, we're Wizards fans and Wizards fans generally root scared 'cause they've experienced broken hearts
too often.

The 17 game winning streak was a joyful and unexpected pleasure.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#125 » by FAH1223 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:59 pm

dobrojim wrote:Well said DC Zards, well said.

Still, we're Wizards fans and Wizards fans generally root scared 'cause they've experienced broken hearts
too often.

The 17 game winning streak was a joyful and unexpected pleasure.

Exactly. That's why my posts are subdued.

I expect the worst. Not the best.
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#126 » by sfam » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Mojo Amok wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Jeez. Sounds terrible

I'm not sure about that given that Mahinmi said he's not worried now.

Yep, the doom on this board is getting a little ridiculous. The Wizards just completed the best season I have witnessed since I started watching basketball 35 freaking years ago and all I seem to read here is negativity. I can out 'negative nancy' anyone but it seems like folks can't enjoy the moment. We started off 2-8 and 7-13 and now were sniffing 50 wins in the very same season. That's incredible! I can put my angst with Ernie & Ted aside until the draft. I love playoff Beal and I know Wall will bust his a** on defense in the postseason. I even think Morris might rotate on D once in a while. There's zero chance in my mind we lose in the first round to Atlanta... and I'd feel pretty good at seeing Boston in the 2nd. The road is tailor made for the Eastern Conference Finals where Cleveland may be beaten down and very vulnerable if they survive a matchup with the toughened up Raps in the 2nd round. It's actually a good time to be a Wizards fan for the first time in decades and folks here can't even realize it.

Agreed. If you don't enjoy this season and look forward to the playoffs, what's the point? This is as good as it gets. That we have an outside outside chance at getting through the east to get to the finals for the first time since the early 80s is good enough dope for me.

I love that the Wizards are probably playing Atlanta. Revenge will help the Wizards focus.

I can't wait for this weekend!
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#127 » by tontoz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Yeah we won't get a much easier road to the Finals than we have now. Granted it is still unlikely but there is no team in the East that is too strong for us to beat in a 7 game series.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#128 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Mojo Amok wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Jeez. Sounds terrible

:clap:

Thanks for putting things in perspective, Dat.

I think they could lose in round one.

At the same time, I could just as easily see this team WIN OUT in the East. They could make it to the Finals ... and even compete there.

It's been a really good season. So far so good ...
Bye bye Beal.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,901

Post#129 » by CobraCommander » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:29 am

Dat2U wrote:
Mojo Amok wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Jeez. Sounds terrible

Probably the best post i have read in months. The reality anyone watching this team and has anything and I MEAN anything negative to say is either A. A new fan or B. Unappreative about how amazing this year has been so far. I sometimes fall for the negative stuff but we don't have the right to be negative considering how things have gone for this team over the last few decades. Before this year i was thinking about the Gil Years as the GOOD OLE DAYs..when this years has been the best year since the RING! THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME TO ENJOY THE DAMN RIDE!
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#130 » by dckingsfan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:20 pm

FAH1223 wrote:***

New game thread :)

Return to Washington Wizards