NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 9,747

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1801 » by nate33 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:19 pm

Anthony Davis has been a defensive monster these playoffs. He is the reason LA is dominating.

I thought it really interesting that they put Davis on Jimmy Butler in Game 4, with Lebron guarding Adebayo. It really worked. Butler just couldn't finish at the rim and was unwilling to take perimeter shots with Davis challenging. Meanwhile, Lebron was strong enough to prevent Adebayo from bullying him like he would if he was guarded by any ordinary forward in this league.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,192

Post#1802 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:24 pm

nate33 wrote:Anthony Davis has been a defensive monster these playoffs. He is the reason LA is dominating.

I thought it really interesting that they put Davis on Jimmy Butler in Game 4, with Lebron guarding Adebayo. It really worked. Butler just couldn't finish at the rim and was unwilling to take perimeter shots with Davis challenging. Meanwhile, Lebron was strong enough to prevent Adebayo from bullying him like he would if he was guarded by any ordinary forward in this league.

They're probably the 2 most physically imposing freaks in the NBA. That is a bold move to put Davis on Butler. Butler's just not a 3 point shooting threat anymore. I'm surprised Miami's not getting blown out - with Dragic out.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 9,747

Post#1803 » by nate33 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:52 am

Man, you gotta love Jimmy Butler. That guy is cold blooded. He just carried the Heat down the stretch, made every free throw, and guarded Lebron at the other end. Wouldn't let his team lose.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 6,468

Post#1804 » by montestewart » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:04 am

nate33 wrote:Man, you gotta love Jimmy Butler. That guy is cold blooded. He just carried the Heat down the stretch, made every free throw, and guarded Lebron at the other end. Wouldn't let his team lose.

Best game of series. Very exciting and (since I'm for the Heat) very satisfying. Alltime performance by Butler, but Robinson pretty spectacular too.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 3,978

Post#1805 » by FAH1223 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:20 am

montestewart wrote:
nate33 wrote:Man, you gotta love Jimmy Butler. That guy is cold blooded. He just carried the Heat down the stretch, made every free throw, and guarded Lebron at the other end. Wouldn't let his team lose.

Best game of series. Very exciting and (since I'm for the Heat) very satisfying. Alltime performance by Butler, but Robinson pretty spectacular too.

Markieff Morris literally threw away an NBA Finals game. #SoWizards :lol:
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 5,735

Post#1806 » by queridiculo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:24 am

FAH1223 wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Markieff Morris literally threw away an NBA Finals game. #SoWizards :lol:

I laughed out loud when I saw that play.

Definitely my Wizards most hated.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,192

Post#1807 » by Ruzious » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:38 am

And what about Kendrick Nunn? He's not just a 3 point shooter - he's got some serious athleticism and has played some excellent defense. Honestly, they should have been using him more, and it took Dragic's injury for him to get any PT. Amazing that he wasn't drafted.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas

Return to Washington Wizards