ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
Posts: 15,131
And1: 4,807
Joined: May 02, 2012
Location: On the Atlantic

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1921 » by payitforward » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:32 am

That's what make it so impressive that we dodged it.
Remember -- if you don't like the post above: blame Doc not me.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 42,507
And1: 7,838
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1922 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:37 am

J-Ves wrote:Looks like the Kyrie and the Nets are taking their frustrations out on the Jazz. After 1 quarter it's 35-14, Kyrie is a perfect 7-7 from the field including 4-4 from three for 18 points. We dodged a bullet :clap:

And they did it without Durant. Looks like Jarrett Allen has taken over as their primary center - he's established that he's much better than Jordan - who looks like he's lost another step.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 57,369
And1: 10,650
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1923 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:47 pm

Ruzious wrote:
J-Ves wrote:Looks like the Kyrie and the Nets are taking their frustrations out on the Jazz. After 1 quarter it's 35-14, Kyrie is a perfect 7-7 from the field including 4-4 from three for 18 points. We dodged a bullet :clap:

And they did it without Durant. Looks like Jarrett Allen has taken over as their primary center - he's established that he's much better than Jordan - who looks like he's lost another step.

It never made sense to start Jordan in the first place.

It also didn't make any sense to sign him to a 4-year $40M deal. Just think, they're paying about $32M in extra luxtax fees because they're paying Jordan $10M. He is effectively costing them $42M a year.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 42,507
And1: 7,838
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1924 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:11 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
J-Ves wrote:Looks like the Kyrie and the Nets are taking their frustrations out on the Jazz. After 1 quarter it's 35-14, Kyrie is a perfect 7-7 from the field including 4-4 from three for 18 points. We dodged a bullet :clap:

And they did it without Durant. Looks like Jarrett Allen has taken over as their primary center - he's established that he's much better than Jordan - who looks like he's lost another step.

It never made sense to start Jordan in the first place.

It also didn't make any sense to sign him to a 4-year $40M deal. Just think, they're paying about $32M in extra luxtax fees because they're paying Jordan $10M. He is effectively costing them $42M a year.

Jeebus. It pays to be a friend of Kyrie and Kevin. But if they were smart, they would have realized that limits the team in ways they could have otherwise improved.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,562
And1: 1,756
Joined: Jun 12, 2010
     

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1925 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:23 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
J-Ves wrote:Looks like the Kyrie and the Nets are taking their frustrations out on the Jazz. After 1 quarter it's 35-14, Kyrie is a perfect 7-7 from the field including 4-4 from three for 18 points. We dodged a bullet :clap:

And they did it without Durant. Looks like Jarrett Allen has taken over as their primary center - he's established that he's much better than Jordan - who looks like he's lost another step.

It never made sense to start Jordan in the first place.

It also didn't make any sense to sign him to a 4-year $40M deal. Just think, they're paying about $32M in extra luxtax fees because they're paying Jordan $10M. He is effectively costing them $42M a year.


This.
The whole "Nets are the deepest team" sentiment is trash.
Levert, Green, Prince, Jordan... Awful.

4-4 with Durant and Kyrie both averaging career highs in TS... Yeah, they aint going to the Finals.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 21,037
And1: 2,733
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1926 » by closg00 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:36 pm

Took him a while, but Otto is finally earning his money, he's been putting-up solid numbers
The Wizards finally get a draft steal in Deni Avdija
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 11,319
And1: 4,119
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1927 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 am

Image
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 57,369
And1: 10,650
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1928 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:23 pm

Westbrook for Harden? LOL
NatP4
General Manager
Posts: 9,440
And1: 2,836
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
         

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1929 » by NatP4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:45 pm

I would kill to have Harden on the wizards.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 42,507
And1: 7,838
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1930 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Seems like Philly - for Simmons and perhaps Thybulle - is the most likely Harden destination. Interestingly, that would create a Wall/Simmons combo - which people poohpooh'd as unworkable because of their shooting prowess. Maybe we'll see if it works. If not, maybe OKC will call on us again, but we would need to dump Westbrook if we trade for Simmons.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
NatP4
General Manager
Posts: 9,440
And1: 2,836
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
         

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1931 » by NatP4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:28 pm

Philly offering Maxey and Simmons. I would take that in a Beal swap.
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,412
And1: 7,708
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1932 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:20 pm

nate33 wrote:Westbrook for Harden? LOL

Actually......... :D
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 57,369
And1: 10,650
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1933 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:37 pm

NatP4 wrote:Philly offering Maxey and Simmons. I would take that in a Beal swap.

I've long been an advocate for a Beal for Simmons swap. But for the first time, I'm starting to have doubts. Simmons honestly has not improved a whit in 4 years, and this year he is shooting worse and turning the ball over more, despite having better floor spacing.

Meanwhile, Beal keeps getting better and better.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,562
And1: 1,756
Joined: Jun 12, 2010
     

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1934 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm

nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Philly offering Maxey and Simmons. I would take that in a Beal swap.

I've long been an advocate for a Beal for Simmons swap. But for the first time, I'm starting to have doubts. Simmons honestly has not improved a whit in 4 years, and this year he is shooting worse and turning the ball over more, despite having better floor spacing.

Meanwhile, Beal keeps getting better and better.


Agreed. No interest unless a pick is added and Simmons is re-routed to another team for a 2021 pick (Bulls, GSW, Detroit, etc.)...
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 14,828
And1: 6,183
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1935 » by queridiculo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:03 pm

nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Philly offering Maxey and Simmons. I would take that in a Beal swap.

I've long been an advocate for a Beal for Simmons swap. But for the first time, I'm starting to have doubts. Simmons honestly has not improved a whit in 4 years, and this year he is shooting worse and turning the ball over more, despite having better floor spacing.

Meanwhile, Beal keeps getting better and better.


Never had any doubt.

Simmons combination of skills makes him ill equipped to be the guy you want to build around.

Sure, I'll take him as a consolation price if Beal were to force my hand, but I would probably be just as quick to unload him if the opportunity presented itself.

Let somebody else figure out how to make a non-shooting power forward work as your primary ball handler.

Heck, I'd take LaMello Ball before making a $170 million bet on SImmons.
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 14,828
And1: 6,183
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1936 » by queridiculo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 pm

Can we talk about Irving for a minute?

Dude just went awol, and nobody in the Nets organization has a clue about what he's up to.

At this rate it's more likely we'll see him in the CBA than watching him play another game in the NBA>
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 57,369
And1: 10,650
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1937 » by nate33 » Yesterday 4:03 pm

Okongwu played his first game with Atlanta last night. It didn't look very good:

trast66
Pro Prospect
Posts: 890
And1: 452
Joined: Oct 20, 2017
   

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1938 » by trast66 » Today 1:29 am

queridiculo wrote:Can we talk about Irving for a minute?

Dude just went awol, and nobody in the Nets organization has a clue about what he's up to.

At this rate it's more likely we'll see him in the CBA than watching him play another game in the NBA>


I seriously think he is mentally ill. The behavior is just bizarre. He may need help. Or he's just a jerk.

Meanwhile Durant played 40 minutes tonight, which seems excessive against the Magic and coming off Achilles surgery.

Return to Washington Wizards