ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#81 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:23 am

How in the world is this Bulls team an eighth seed in the East?

They shoot well, rebound well, and have solid veteran leadership. Rondo, Wade, with Butler is a tough perimeter group.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#82 » by nate33 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 am

Induveca wrote:
nate33 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Its like Rondo and Wade turned it up a few notches for the playoffs. This is not a wade or rondo i have seen this year. It is scary because rondo is crashing the boards and driving at will. Wade is playing a few years younger... wtf happened!?!?!

Meh, Wade hasn't done much, but Rondo has been amazing.

He's played very well in my eyes (of course when you don't compare it to Miami Wade). He went way above the rim last game for a block. Shocked me.

He has the old man Jordan vibe going on.

Wade certainly put them away late in the 4th. Impressive.
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect
And1: 834

Post#83 » by Mojo Amok » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 am

Oh man, Jimmy Butler just taking that ball from Jaylen Brown after Brown got the offensive board. It looked so easy that you would have thought it was a handoff.

Celtics just look so soft and low on talent.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#84 » by pineappleheadindc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:26 am

I wish that the Bucks could have completed their comeback in Toronto. Now, gonna stay up and be a big Utah Jazz fan.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
ClutchDJ
Senior
And1: 252

Post#85 » by ClutchDJ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How in the world is this Bulls team an eighth seed in the East?

They shoot well, rebound well, and have solid veteran leadership. Rondo, Wade, with Butler is a tough perimeter group.

They weren't shooting well during the regular season. Also, National TV Rondo is a real thing.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#86 » by nate33 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 am

Has a #1 seed ever lost to the #8 seed in a 7 game series? I know Mutombo led Denver to a win over Payton's Sonics, but that was 5 game series.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by pineappleheadindc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 am

Gotta feel good for Rondo bouncing back after his blow-up in Dallas.

--Confucius

- Yoda
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#88 » by Meliorus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 am

ClutchDJ wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How in the world is this Bulls team an eighth seed in the East?

They weren't shooting well during the regular season. Also, National TV Rondo is a real thing.

No. Isaiah Thomas is still awful on defense and basically allows Rondo to score when he wants and pick out guys to pass to. The Wizards would slaughter the Bulls in the 2nd round. That's another 5 game series.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by pineappleheadindc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 am

nate33 wrote:Has a #1 seed ever lost to the #8 seed in a 7 game series? I know Mutombo led Denver to a win over Payton's Sonics, but that was 5 game series.

I don't think so in a seven game series. More amazingly, there's a chance that #8 will sweep #1.

This is why everyone was trying to position themselves to play Boston in the playoffs.

#FakeNumberOneSeed

--Confucius

- Yoda
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,348

Post#90 » by Kanyewest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:31 am

nate33 wrote:Has a #1 seed ever lost to the #8 seed in a 7 game series? I know Mutombo led Denver to a win over Payton's Sonics, but that was 5 game series.

2007- Warriors over Mavs
2011- Grizzlies over Spurs
2012- 76ers over Bulls (Rose got injured)
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#91 » by mhd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:31 am

GSW over Dallas.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#92 » by FAH1223 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 am

Bulls were underachieving all year. They look tough right now though. Rondo, Wade and Butler are playing to their reps and their bench has stepped it up.

The Celtics are playing too tight on defense and over pursuing. Let the Bulls shoot long 2s and they are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams. Don't turn the ball over and you'll have a chance.

The rebounding also is a huge problem for the Cs. No fix in the roster for that
RealGM

Post#93 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 am

Meliorus wrote:
ClutchDJ wrote:

No. Isaiah Thomas is still awful on defense and basically allows Rondo to score when he wants and pick out guys to pass to. The Wizards would slaughter the Bulls in the 2nd round. That's another 5 game series.

I don't think the Wizards slaughter this Chicago. Nope.

Perhaps the Wizards have too much speed for the Bulls in transition. Wall and Beal have young legs compared with Rondo and Wade. Otto would at least make Butler have to defend.

I think the Bulls right now are playing like a totally different team. Washington would have trouble defending Mirotic, Zipser, and Portis on the perimeter.

The good news is the only way Washington plays the Bulls is if they get past Atlanta and Cleveland. Washington would likely be Finals bound.
Bye bye Beal.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#94 » by NatP4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:36 am

Should we be scared of Chicago? They kind of look really good
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#95 » by NatP4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:36 am

Grizzlies Spurs?
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#96 » by Jimmy Recard » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:36 am

Amazing. A fair few posters on the gb called an upset too, but I still thought Celtics would handle them, mainly cause the Bulls looked like trash in the regular season. One man teams really do get exposed in the postseason. That, and it's much harder to hide your weak defenders (Thomas).

Also, playoff Wade and Rondo are different animals.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#97 » by Tricky_Kid » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:37 am

What is most disguisting the refs home cooking second game in a row. I really hate IT plays. Guy basicly jumps on defenders and acting like he was shoot of a cannon.
Now if boston lose this series, I can't wait for excuses :)
IT was in grief, not enough talent, etc
If I ever hear Brad Stevens is top 3 best coaches I will puke. This guy didn't proove he is above average coach.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAM-L21 using RealGM mobile app
ClutchDJ
Senior
And1: 252

Post#98 » by ClutchDJ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Bulls look like a tough playoff opponent, should the Wizards get past the Hawks.

One thing I will say is Gortat/Mahinmi/Morris wouldn't get abused on the boards like Horford/Amir/Olynyk has.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#99 » by pcbothwel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:41 am

Huh, their Guards and TS are as follows:
Rondo - 46%
Wade - 50%
Grant - 55%
Valentine - 49%
MCW - 44%

They are terrible shooters. They are also unathletic, play slow, and turn it over a lot...
I cant wait for the Hype machine to begin if they beat the Celtics in 4-5 games.
We'll all hear about the potential Wade vs LeBron series and the "Analyst" will disrespect us left and right
RealGM

Post#100 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:42 am

ClutchDJ wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Bulls look like a tough playoff opponent, should the Wizards get past the Hawks.

One thing I will say is Gortat/Mahinmi/Morris wouldn't get abused on the boards like Horford/Amir/Olynyk has.

Also, Wall, Beal, and Porter would make Rondo, Wade, and Butler work much harder on defense.

What scares me about the Bulls is the number of big guys they have who hit threes.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards