ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 5: Wiz vs ATL | Wednesday, 6:00 PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: Game 5: Wiz vs ATL | Wednesday, 6:00 PM 

Post#561 » by dangermouse » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:15 am

I really hope both Smith & Mahinmi are ready to go in Atlanta...

This is not really a team you can go small against unless they go small too. Dwight will feast if we have to roll out a small lineup.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
benb331
Pro Prospect
And1: 314

Post#562 » by benb331 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:21 am

dlts20 wrote:Just play Bogey more if Smith is out. I think he's streaky hot again

If that's true, there will be no game on Sunday and the BOS series will be 6 games or less. If ANYONE can get streaky hot with John+Brad performing at this level, only the Cavs will be an issue.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,036

Re: RE: Re: Game 5: Wiz vs ATL | Wednesday, 6:00 PM 

Post#563 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:23 am

Tricky_Kid wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:Would Ochefu be worse defensively than Smith?

I mean, 6 fouls is 6 fouls.

I think yes Ochefu isn't ready to play in NBA at all not to mention playoff basketball

Okay, I like virtually all young prospects ... so, YES, I liked Ochefu at Villanova.

I think both he and McCullough could play and contribute possibly more positive than negative if they played. Good energy is what I would hope to see. McCullough could PROBABLY come in and hit threes with the better of the bench players. He's tall and has a great release. He's fast. I think his offense might be better than most think. His defense? Might be hard to watch him try to defend a Millsap. But, he's better than Smith defending Millsap IMO.

Ochefu? I need to see his stats/splits as a pro. I dunno, but I'd like to think he can defend and rebound. He did at Nova.
Bye bye Beal.
hood30
Rookie
And1: 229

Post#564 » by hood30 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 am

John Wall VS Dennis Schroder...Wall is taking Schroder to school... Dennis is holding his own tho.

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,359

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Game 5: Wiz vs ATL | Wednesday, 6:00 PM 

Post#565 » by Kanyewest » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:Would Ochefu be worse defensively than Smith?

I mean, 6 fouls is 6 fouls.

I think yes Ochefu isn't ready to play in NBA at all not to mention playoff basketball

Okay, I like virtually all young prospects ... so, YES, I liked Ochefu at Villanova.

I think both he and McCullough could play and contribute possibly more positive than negative if they played. Good energy is what I would hope to see. McCullough could PROBABLY come in and hit threes with the better of the bench players. He's tall and has a great release. He's fast. I think his offense might be better than most think. His defense? Might be hard to watch him try to defend a Millsap. But, he's better than Smith defending Millsap IMO.

Ochefu? I need to see his stats/splits as a pro. I dunno, but I'd like to think he can defend and rebound. He did at Nova.

Ochefu was a work in progress at Villanova but he did improve dramatically in his senior year. He did pretty well defensively against bigs like Meeks/Johnson from UNC in the championship game and throughout the tournament.

Theoretically his skills of switching onto perimeter players and ability to defend low post players could have been valuable. Or his mid range game, ability to crash the boards, and passing as a big were his strengths at college.

Ochefu does have the intangibles of a leader as Coach Jay Wright allowed him to sub in and out of the lineup during his senior year. He famously mopped the floor on a wet spot on the floor right before setting up the game winning play for Villanova.

However, he has reverted back to being a poor finisher at the rim like he was during his early days at Nova. As one would expect of a rookie, he looks lost defensively.

Seems like a tough battle for him to make it as a pro. Even with his high basketball IQ at Villanova, it will take a while to translate that to the pro game. There are also major questions about his athleticism. And it is certainly hard to get better without significant playing time.

Still Ochefu is a hard worker who improved his game dramatically in college. I'm surprised he was that good at Nova, hopefully with more hard work he can play better as a Washington Wizard.

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Game 5: Wiz vs ATL | Wednesday, 6:00 PM 

Post#566 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:01 am

hood30 wrote:John Wall VS Dennis Schroder...Wall is taking Schroder to school... Dennis is holding his own tho.

When Dennis asked wall to work out with him that told me everything I need to know about that dude.

He's trying to be the best and he just might get there.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Game 5: Wiz vs ATL | Wednesday, 6:00 PM 

Post#567 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:04 am

Kanyewest wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:I think yes Ochefu isn't ready to play in NBA at all not to mention playoff basketball

Ochefu was a work in progress at Villanova but he did improve dramatically in his senior year. He did pretty well defensively against bigs like Meeks/Johnson from UNC in the championship game and throughout the tournament.

Theoretically his skills of switching onto perimeter players and ability to defend low post players could have been valuable. Or his mid range game, ability to crash the boards, and passing as a big were his strengths at college.

Ochefu does have the intangibles of a leader as Coach Jay Wright allowed him to sub in and out of the lineup during his senior year. He famously mopped the floor on a wet spot on the floor right before setting up the game winning play for Villanova.

However, he has reverted back to being a poor finisher at the rim like he was during his early days at Nova. As one would expect of a rookie, he looks lost defensively.

Seems like a tough battle for him to make it as a pro. Even with his high basketball IQ at Villanova, it will take a while to translate that to the pro game. There are also major questions about his athleticism. And it is certainly hard to get better without significant playing time.

Still Ochefu is a hard worker who improved his game dramatically in college. I'm surprised he was that good at Nova, hopefully with more hard work he can play better as a Washington Wizard.

Wow, man. Thank you! KW, I am going to have to read this at length and really process this tremendous scouting report on Ochefu.

I like that you mention dude has leadership qualities. I think guys like him figure it out. In time...

Bye bye Beal.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#568 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:50 am

Kanyewest wrote:

Wow, man. Thank you! KW, I am going to have to read this at length and really process this tremendous scouting report on Ochefu.

I like that you mention dude has leadership qualities. I think guys like him figure it out. In time...

You guys got adv cause You can watch college basketball, all the prospects and follow the careers of your fav young players. As You mention about Ochefu it sound really good but depending of what I saw from him in RS in very limited time he is not ready.
hood30 wrote:John Wall VS Dennis Schroder...Wall is taking Schroder to school... Dennis is holding his own tho.

When Dennis asked wall to work out with him that told me everything I need to know about that dude.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAM-L21 using RealGM mobile app
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#569 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:53 am

CCJ can you send me this link in pm? It doesn't work for me

RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Game 5: Wiz vs ATL | Wednesday, 6:00 PM 

Post#570 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:

CCJ can you send me this link in pm? It doesn't work for me

Will do after 10 HST....

Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards