ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 6: Wiz vs ATL | Friday 4/28/17 7:30 PM EST

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Re: Game 6: Wiz vs ATL | Friday 4/28/17 7:30 PM EST 

Post#381 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:49 pm

John Wall is a superstar, he put his stamp on this series! Just think the team shot bad from 3 point range all series. In the 2nd round those open looks will fall.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#382 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Follow @JohnWall on Twitter, if you wish.

(@CCJKen1 is I or me or myself.)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#383 » by Kanyewest » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:42 pm

nate33 wrote:
Meliorus wrote:I have a big problem with Butler being in the top 4, give me George instead. Butler cannot control the offense like Wall does, nowhere near the number of points Wall generates for himself and teammates. Too often does he have a performance of ISO midrange chucking. This playoff series was enough to show his true value.

And honestly how much can a high usage offensive wing player impact the defense? Every defensive wing/guard is overrated to some degree, everyone goes by reputation. So it's pretty safe to say Butler isn't shutting anyone down.

Butler averaged 23 points, 6 boards and 5 assists this year with an ORtg of 123. Durant is the only 20+ per game scorer who scores more efficiently than Butler. Butler is also one of the best wing defenders in the game. And he is consistently among the league leaders in total minutes played. He is really, really good.

I like him over George because George is way too reliant on perimeter shooting. He can't create very much off the bounce, and if his jumper isn't falling he can't manufacture ways to score.

By scoring efficiently I'm assuming you mean by offensive rating. . Beacuse there are quite a few players like Paul George that have a higher TS%. BTW, Lowry is tied with Butler in ORTG.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#384 » by nate33 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:51 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Meliorus wrote:I have a big problem with Butler being in the top 4, give me George instead. Butler cannot control the offense like Wall does, nowhere near the number of points Wall generates for himself and teammates. Too often does he have a performance of ISO midrange chucking. This playoff series was enough to show his true value.

And honestly how much can a high usage offensive wing player impact the defense? Every defensive wing/guard is overrated to some degree, everyone goes by reputation. So it's pretty safe to say Butler isn't shutting anyone down.

Butler averaged 23 points, 6 boards and 5 assists this year with an ORtg of 123. Durant is the only 20+ per game scorer who scores more efficiently than Butler. Butler is also one of the best wing defenders in the game. And he is consistently among the league leaders in total minutes played. He is really, really good.

I like him over George because George is way too reliant on perimeter shooting. He can't create very much off the bounce, and if his jumper isn't falling he can't manufacture ways to score.

By scoring efficiently I'm assuming you mean by offensive rating. . Beacuse there are quite a few players like Paul George that have a higher TS%. BTW, Lowry is tied with Butler in ORTG.

Yes. Offensive rating. You have to credit Butler for taking much better care of the ball despite dealing out almost twice as many assists.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#385 » by DCZards » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:00 pm

nate33 wrote:* Beal only took three 3-pointers. Atlanta was clearly focusing their defense on taking away that part of his game. I love that he now has the game to score with efficiency even without the 3-point shot. He finished with 31 points on a TS% of .755.

This is what most impressed me about Beal throughout the Atl series--his ability to be an impactful scorer even when his 3 pt shot wasn't falling. He shot 1 for 9 on 3s in Game 5, yet scored 31 pts on 50% shooting overall. I'm really digging how BB's sweet midrange jumper, his ability to score off the dribble (and/or get to the FT line) and his constantly improving defense is putting him in the discussion as one of the top 4-5 shooting guards in the NBA.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Re: RE: Re: Game 6: Wiz vs ATL | Friday 4/28/17 7:30 PM EST 

Post#386 » by AFM » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
AFM wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:My favorite memory? I got to watch this cuz guys cared enough to PM me on the live stream.

Wow.

Couldn't let you watch the box score bruh! Your words on this board have helped me too much in the past years. Ken I'm trying to be MORE like you.

Hope you can catch the game on Sunday too. I know it's hard to get away from the beach and the strawberry margaritas :) Must be nice to live in Hawaii.

It is NICE! I'm blessed.

AFM, I'm not mad at God for my struggles--Cuz IF I had it going on too good -- I would NOT be humble. This place IS like Paradise.

However, If I were "All That"...well off, and mentally, physically one thousand percent??? (But in my flesh) AFM, in the words of Mystikal, "Sheeiiitt!!! I would be buck wild. :) Plus a whole lot of horrible...

... Narcissistic, mean-spirited, selfish, quick-tempered, violent, selfish, etc. Basically, hell bound if not for God's grace.

"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife."
Proverbs 17:1 NIV
http://bible.com/111/pro.17.1.NIV

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app

Thanks for the words. I'm reading the bible a lot right now. My favorite is Psalm 118:5 at the moment.
hood30
Rookie
And1: 229

Post#387 » by hood30 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 am

Wall outlast Schroder.

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#388 » by tontoz » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:48 pm

DCZards wrote:
nate33 wrote:* Beal only took three 3-pointers. Atlanta was clearly focusing their defense on taking away that part of his game. I love that he now has the game to score with efficiency even without the 3-point shot. He finished with 31 points on a TS% of .755.

This is what most impressed me about Beal throughout the Atl series--his ability to be an impactful scorer even when his 3 pt shot wasn't falling. He shot 1 for 9 on 3s in Game 5, yet scored 31 pts on 50% shooting overall. I'm really digging how BB's sweet midrange jumper, his ability to score off the dribble (and/or get to the FT line) and his constantly improving defense is putting him in the discussion as one of the top 4-5 shooting guards in the NBA.

This season the only 2 that is clearly better than Beal is Harden. It is pretty easy to make a case for Beal over anyone else.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#389 » by nate33 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:40 pm

tontoz wrote:
DCZards wrote:

This season the only 2 that is clearly better than Beal is Harden. It is pretty easy to make a case for Beal over anyone else.

I think DeRozan, Beal and Klay are pretty close and a fair case can be made for any of them.

DeRozan is better as a #1 option with the ball in his hands, but is worse off the ball and may not be able to coexist very well alongside another superstar. I think DeRozan could make a bad team pretty good better than Beal can, but he is less able to make a good team great.

Klay is worse than Beal as a shot creator, but is arguably a bit better as an off-the-ball scorer and defender. Golden State, for example, is probably happier with Klay than they would be with Beal because they have enough #1 option scorers and prefer Klay's quick release shot to stretch the floor as well as his superior defensive versatility.

Middleton might be in the mix as well.

Of those 4, I'm happy that we have Beal - mostly because I think Beal has a bit more upside while those other guys have plateaued.
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#390 » by Meliorus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:48 pm

nate33 wrote:
tontoz wrote:
DCZards wrote:

I think DeRozan, Beal and Klay are pretty close and a fair case can be made for any of them.

DeRozan is better as a #1 option with the ball in his hands, but is worse off the ball and may not be able to coexist very well alongside another superstar. I think DeRozan could make a bad team pretty good better than Beal can, but he is less able to make a good team great.

Klay is worse than Beal as a shot creator, but is arguably a bit better as an off-the-ball scorer and defender. Golden State, for example, is probably happier with Klay than they would be with Beal because they have enough #1 option scorers and prefer Klay's quick release shot to stretch the floor as well as his superior defensive versatility.

Middleton might be in the mix as well.

Of those 4, I'm happy that we have Beal - mostly because I think Beal has a bit more upside while those other guys have plateaued.

I have Klay slightly above Beal and DeRozan slightly below (his impact is less than his stats, team goes where Lowry goes).

Middleton should not, should never, be a part of this conversation. I watched 4 of the Bucks playoff games, and his shot selection was appalling. He takes so many post-up fadeaway/contested jumpers, when they don't go in it's like "of course that didn't go in. what did you expect?" He also cannot create a shot to save his life in the 4th quarter like Beal and DeRozan can.

Return to Washington Wizards