Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,589

Re: Washington River Rats vs Boston Alcoholics Sunday 1:00 PM EST 

Post#641 » by The Corey's » Mon May 1, 2017 8:11 am

Not trolling

Not only was it not a dirty play but it wasn't even a foul

The nba is too soft these days as this "foul" literally happened moments after ABC showed a all out brawl between these teams in the 80s.

Come on guys
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#642 » by dangermouse » Mon May 1, 2017 12:07 pm

The Corey's wrote:Not trolling

The nba is too soft these days as this "foul" literally happened moments after ABC showed a all out brawl between these teams in the 80s.

Come on guys

http://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/defensive-player-undercuts-airborne-shooter-2/

The rule book of basketball appears to disagree with you.

What is it with C's fans? Almost as bad as Raptors fans. I really hope we win this series even more now just to shut them up.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#643 » by tontoz » Mon May 1, 2017 12:42 pm

Come on guys

You are an idiot that doesn't understand the rules. A defensive player has to give a offensive player room to come down. Bruce Bowen was notorious for doing exactly what Horford did and that is why the rule was put in place.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#644 » by stevemcqueen1 » Mon May 1, 2017 1:22 pm

When you slide your off foot under a guy taking a 18 foot fadeaway, you know what you're doing. He was trying to hurt Morris and it worked.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#645 » by stevemcqueen1 » Mon May 1, 2017 1:28 pm

Smart did the same **** on Bojan in the 4th. Boston is a dirty team. Full of flopping little bitches too.
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect
And1: 834

Post#646 » by Mojo Amok » Mon May 1, 2017 1:34 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:Smart did the same **** on Bojan in the 4th. Boston is a dirty team. Full of flopping little bitches too.

I just checked and it was in the first video I saw (assuming this is what you were referring to).

I don't know, it could go either way with this one as Bogey has incentive to sell it too.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#647 » by dlts20 » Mon May 1, 2017 3:01 pm

Mojo Amok wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:Smart did the same **** on Bojan in the 4th. Boston is a dirty team. Full of flopping little bitches too.

I just checked and it was in the first video I saw (assuming this is what you were referring to).

I don't know, it could go either way with this one as Bogey has incentive to sell it too.

I don't think he means the end result. He just means what Smart is doing. Like if Kieff didn't get hurt, it's still a dirty play by Horford. The same here. I just think it's disrespectful to the game. They would be ready to fight if someone did that to IT
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#648 » by dlts20 » Mon May 1, 2017 3:12 pm

Don't worry Wiz fans. This is just what we needed. The Horford play, Smarts trash talk, Wall getting stripped, us getting waxed. Again despite the season series of hate even dating back to last year, I don't think anyone on our team came into this series like that. We hated the Hawks way more. Now all of this will make them remember how there is no hate like the way they hate the C's. Again I think we will figure them out at some point in game 2, win or lose and then we will win 4 straight. Either way, game 1 was nothing from a intensity, physicality, and hatred standpoint like we anticipated. That will change from here on. I think there will be a lot of chippiness now and refs will have to break up stuff every game. I think both teams will celebrate alot after good plays because they hate each other. It's going to be old stool nasty EC playoff basketball the rest of the way
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#649 » by The Corey's » Mon May 1, 2017 3:48 pm

dangermouse wrote:

Come on guys

http://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/defensive-player-undercuts-airborne-shooter-2/

The rule book of basketball appears to disagree with you.

What is it with C's fans? Almost as bad as Raptors fans. I really hope we win this series even more now just to shut them up.

tontoz wrote:

Come on guys

You are an idiot that doesn't understand the rules. A defensive player has to give a offensive player room to come down. Bruce Bowen was notorious for doing exactly what Horford did and that is why the rule was put in place.

I don't care what the rule says.

Al doesn't leave the ground. Doesn't make any contact with his hands and the only contact made at all is the offensiveplayer foot coming down on Horford.

However it's cool that I can't disagree with you or the rulebook with out being called an idiot or generalized as a Celtic fan whom has something in common with a raps fan who has previously pissed you off.

I said I wasn't trolling and I believe I stayed well within any rule this sub forum or the forum it self has.

This is why people don't get along
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#650 » by The Corey's » Mon May 1, 2017 3:56 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:When you slide your off foot under a guy taking a 18 foot fadeaway, you know what you're doing. He was trying to hurt Morris and it worked.

Mojo Amok wrote:

Wait. You guys think this was a foul too?

Besides the fact that BOTH apparent plays were called fouls on the court what else more do you want?

Smart doesn't touch the shooter nor impede his shot.

He certainly doesn't land under him the way I believe is being suggested by op.
john1c
Junior
And1: 139

Post#651 » by john1c » Mon May 1, 2017 4:21 pm

Give Jason Smith more minutes and this might go to 6 games :lol:
tontoz
RealGM

Post#652 » by tontoz » Mon May 1, 2017 4:27 pm

The Corey's wrote:

Al doesn't leave the ground. Doesn't make any contact with his hands and the only contact made at all is the offensiveplayer foot coming down on Horford.

However it's cool that I can't disagree with you or the rulebook with out being called an idiot or generalized as a Celtic fan whom has something in common with a raps fan who has previously pissed you off.

I said I wasn't trolling and I believe I stayed well within any rule this sub forum or the forum it self has.

Like I said you are an idiot. Fouls are determined by what is in the rule book, not by what a random idiot homer believes.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#653 » by 80sballboy » Mon May 1, 2017 4:34 pm

No shocker

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect

Post#654 » by Mojo Amok » Mon May 1, 2017 4:35 pm

I'm not sure where this is coming from (references Candace B's twitter, but I don't see it there), but sounds like Kief might not play:

Coach Scott Brooks made it sound like Morris' chances of playing are pretty slim and he was held out of practice on Monday. However, Morris said on Sunday that he would "definitely" play in Game 2 and didn't back down from those comments on Monday. "I'm playing tomorrow. That's final," he said. The reality is that we won't know more until he tries to go through Tuesday's morning shootaround, but the good news is that the swelling is down. Expect guys like Kelly Oubre and Jason Smith to get a bump if Morris can't go. May 1 - 12:13 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NBA/1843

I'm not overly optimistic:

Read on Twitter
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect

Post#655 » by Mojo Amok » Mon May 1, 2017 4:36 pm

The Corey's wrote:I don't care what the rule says.

You really thought that was a good lead to make your case? :lol:
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#656 » by The Corey's » Mon May 1, 2017 4:37 pm

tontoz wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Like I said you are an idiot. Fouls are determined by what is in the rule book, not by what a random idiot homer believes.

Games are win by who scores more points and not which team thinks the other team is playing dirty.

But hey. If you're ok with that rule in the rule book you're one of those guys who thinks not being allowed to touch a qb in football is ok too.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#657 » by The Corey's » Mon May 1, 2017 4:39 pm

Mojo Amok wrote:
The Corey's wrote:I don't care what the rule says.

You really thought that was a good lead to make your case? :lol:

Regardless of what I think of the rule is irrelevant.

To call someone dirty for that play is not only an opinion but a foolish one at that.

This is like Reggie miller kicking people as he shoots 3s and the defensive player being called for the foul.

Nothing to see here and I'm glad the fouls didn't change the result of the game.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#658 » by tontoz » Mon May 1, 2017 4:41 pm

The Corey's wrote:
tontoz wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Games are win by who scores more points and not which team thinks the other team is playing dirty.

But hey. If you're ok with that rule in the rule book you're one of those guys who thinks not being allowed to touch a qb in football is ok too.

An idiot makes an idiotic analogy. What a shocker.

In reality the NBA rule compares more closely to the football rules regarding running into a kicker but that is obviously over your head.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#659 » by The Corey's » Mon May 1, 2017 4:43 pm

tontoz wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
tontoz wrote:

In reality the NBA rule compares more specifically to the football rules regarding running into a kicker but that is obviously over your head.

It's ok that you think that's a foul. Some people are soft and some aren't.

Like I said. Not trolling but antagonizing by name calling is a reflection on you kind sir.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#660 » by tontoz » Mon May 1, 2017 4:47 pm

The Corey's wrote:
tontoz wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

In reality the NBA rule compares more specifically to the football rules regarding running into a kicker but that is obviously over your head.

It's ok that you think that's a foul. Some people are soft and some aren't.

Like I said. Not trolling but antagonizing by name calling is a reflection on you kind sir.

It has nothing to do with being soft. If Lebron goes up for a jump shot he is completely defenseless in the air just like a NFL kicker. That doesn't make him soft

I don't think it is a foul. I know it is a foul.

The only one here soft is you....between the ears.

Return to Washington Wizards