ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Suckers - Bullets Game 3 -- May 4 (8:00 p.m. Eastern)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

GT: Suckers - Bullets Game 3 -- May 4 (8:00 p.m. Eastern) 

Post#1 » by Tricky_Kid » Wed May 3, 2017 3:14 am

Sweep on the horizon.

Good luck charms:

Rather for me cause those guys will choke anyway

I know 0-2 is not the end of the series but let's face it. Until Brooks won't bench Jennings for good and made of glass french .... won't show up chances of even the series are slim.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: GT: Suckers - Bullets Game 3 

Post#2 » by FAH1223 » Wed May 3, 2017 3:34 am

Bright side is we will be at home and should get the critical calls
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: RE: Re: GT: Suckers - Bullets Game 3 

Post#3 » by Tricky_Kid » Wed May 3, 2017 3:41 am

FAH1223 wrote:Bright side is we will be at home and should get the critical calls

I wouldn't count on that.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#4 » by FAH1223 » Wed May 3, 2017 3:44 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#5 » by montestewart » Wed May 3, 2017 4:10 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Why can't Brooks figure out he needs to play the starters 48 minutes? EG's a great GM but he really dropped the ball hiring Brooks.
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect
And1: 834

Post#6 » by Mojo Amok » Wed May 3, 2017 4:24 am

Calling Ian Mahinmi to Isle 3 for cleanup; Ian to isle 3, please.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#7 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed May 3, 2017 9:15 am

Thomas honored his sister. He's played two transcendent games. Bravo!

Now it is time for both Wall and Beal to have their 50-point games over the next four games, which Washington can win.

Just feed the post and get to the free throw line more than Boston; and the rest should take care of itself. Washington will shoot threes much better at home. Series will be tied 2 all after the next two. I still think Washington has superior talent. Coach Brooks can't keep getting his ass handed to him by Brad Stevens.

Expect the fouls to be far less problematic in DC.

Feels like it will be a seven game series despite the 0-2 hole. My heart says Washington can win the next four.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#8 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed May 3, 2017 11:49 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Thomas honored his sister. He's played two transcendent games. Bravo!

Now it is time for both Wall and Beal to have their 50-point games over the next four games, which Washington can win.

Just feed the post and get to the free throw line more than Boston; and the rest should take care of itself. Washington will shoot threes much better at home. Series will be tied 2 all after the next two. I still think Washington has superior talent. Coach Brooks can't keep getting his ass handed to him by Brad Stevens.

Feels like it will be a seven game series despite the 0-2 hole. My heart says Washington can win the next four.

I concur, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Wizards win the next 4 games. But the team has to take it 1 game at a time. Tomas and Oubre need to be the primary defenders on Thomas. If Thomas wants to flop at least make him feel pain for his free throws. Punish him physically and go at him on offense all game. Wall got him in foul trouble in the first quarter, didn't understand why the team stopped attacking him. Also, hold Thomas and grab him when he's coming off screens just like Boston is doing to our players.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#9 » by FAH1223 » Wed May 3, 2017 12:23 pm

Offense centers too much around Wall and not enough ball movement (second-to-last in passes made during the regular season, only marginally in front of OKC), which is why they ended up shytting the bed in the 4th/OT because Wall was out on his feet. IT2 is able to find another gear in the 4th, because he's aided by the fact that Stevens doesn't force him to do all the playmaking throughout the game - conversely the Celtics were #2 in passes made during the regular season.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#10 » by AFM » Wed May 3, 2017 12:27 pm

I'd there a dirtier player in the league than Marcus Smart?
blazeyo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Post#11 » by blazeyo » Wed May 3, 2017 12:35 pm

That's 100% a Wizards win. I'd put my house on it. Refs sucked the living out of Wizards players in the last two games along with Markieffs injury and foul trouble.
Even if Wiz were to play a bad game the NBA would make this series go atleast 6 games.

Sidenote, Boston defense should light Wiz eyes every tiem down the court but they are not using full advantage of their skills. Porter shouldn't stay on the 3pt line when IT is on him, they should force a switch every time with a pick if Porter wants nothing to do with him.
Problem is, when there is a mismatch and the Wiz post up, the Celtics are allowed to push with both hands. Again, different set of rules.
This bitch Mahinmi has to play, his injury doesn't warrant him being inactive for so long.. that's just him being a loser.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#12 » by montestewart » Wed May 3, 2017 12:38 pm

AFM wrote:I'd there a dirtier player in the league than Marcus Smart?

Is that a reference to his "good luck" underpants?
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#13 » by Wizardspride » Wed May 3, 2017 2:08 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Thomas honored his sister. He's played two transcendent games. Bravo!

I concur, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Wizards win the next 4 games. But the team has to take it 1 game at a time. Tomas and Oubre need to be the primary defenders on Thomas.

Agreed.

Heck, I'd even try Sheldon on IT.

If I go down I'm firing all my bullets so to speak.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#14 » by FAH1223 » Wed May 3, 2017 2:19 pm

Keeping Nene despite chemistry issues and Sessions would have been a much better use of resources for a series like this. Sigh.

I knew when Mahinmi got hurt it would be a 6-8 week injury.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#15 » by dlts20 » Wed May 3, 2017 2:19 pm

A few things. One is that I hate losing games in the playoffs like that because I'm always of the mindset that you have certain games you are supposed to win so when you lose it makes you feel like you have to really beat or outplay Boston 5 times in the series. The only way to really kinda make it up is to steal a game Boston is supposed to win later. Luckily I think we are a better team, are a great home team, and have 3 of 4 at home while Mahimi should be back.

Here is the thing. What Isiah is doing in the midst of adversity is amazing and deserves to be applauded. However, and I have to be careful how to say this because I don't want it to come off the wrong way but I think again it's tragic but it's also a fairy tale story but last night was his sister's birthday. They have had the funeral and last night was the finality.

Now I think he will come back down to earth some and the series will go back to some normality. I said before last game that we will figure them out sometime within the next 2 games and we will win 4 straight. Wall figured them out. Sadly Beal didn't but I wouldn't be shocked if he averaged close to 30 the rest of the way like he did Atlanta.

Now it's also up to Brooks. Sister elevating IT or not, our overall strategy in guarding him has been garbage. So far it looks like we are the better team but Stevens is owning him. At the end of the day, I think IT has had his moment and is getting all of the headlines on the TV shows today. For the rest of the series, I think everyone will be talking about Wall and Beal
dlts20
RealGM

Post#16 » by dlts20 » Wed May 3, 2017 2:32 pm

This is the perfect time for Mahimni to play because after Friday's game, we have 3 days off and then we have 3 days off again later in the series.

Beal smh......

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com/some-basketball-stuff-bradley-beal-did-last-night-1794873507/amp
dlts20
RealGM

Post#17 » by dlts20 » Wed May 3, 2017 2:32 pm

Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#18 » by Meliorus » Wed May 3, 2017 2:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Seems like Brooks is done and disappointed with this team..even his son Bojan.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#19 » by FAH1223 » Wed May 3, 2017 2:48 pm

Meliorus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like Brooks is done and disappointed with this team..even his son Bojan.

:lol:

Wish we had our 1st round pick.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#20 » by dlts20 » Wed May 3, 2017 3:07 pm

What does except Wall mean? Treatment?

Return to Washington Wizards