ImageImageImageImageImage

Gortat: Sacrificed a lot, will talk to agent to see if its right fit

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Re: Gortat: Sacrificed a lot, will talk to agent to see if its right fit 

Post#41 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 16, 2017 7:42 pm

I think Marcin should go back to Europe and play another 6-10 years.

Go where he will be happy.

The NBA is all about stretch bigs or physical freaks who jump out of the gym. He is not a DeAndre Jordan or a Hassan Whiteside. He's no Marc Gasol.

Heck, Marcin should consider China and the Philippines. He's under contract with Washington but this was very likely his last game as a Wizard from the tone of his article.

Sacrifice touches and minutes. Give up your body on screens and going for rebounds. Have younger guy with longer and higher paying contract under you--for the team to fail at the same place, round two?

I'm on Marcin Gortat's side. Dude should ask for an out.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Gortat: Sacrificed a lot, will talk to agent to see if its right fit 

Post#42 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:From the sounds of it, it seems almost as though Gortat wants to figure out what's best for himself and for the team, and try to find a way to best accommodate both needs. Let me get my pitchfork!

Agreed about himself and the team.

I say if you're not valued it's time to go.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Gortat: Sacrificed a lot, will talk to agent to see if its right fit 

Post#43 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 16, 2017 7:47 pm

cdouglas wrote:Anyone smells a trade to New York for Carmello Anthony?????

That would benefit the Knicks.

The Wizards would be stupid enough to let Porter walk.

Yeah, I could see it happening.

Bye bye Beal.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#44 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
I_Like_Dirt wrote:From the sounds of it, it seems almost as though Gortat wants to figure out what's best for himself and for the team, and try to find a way to best accommodate both needs. Let me get my pitchfork!

The thing, the trade market for Centers especially one at Marc's age isn't good.

Does he want to go to a lottery team and inflate his numbers? Probably not.

Contenders have their big guys.

I honestly don't think its that big deal. Gortat's always paranoid about being traded, he's talked about that for the last 2-3 years in interviews. The Mahinmi signing didn't help things but he's better than Mahinmi because Mahinmi is made of glass and doesn't look like he cares about playing basketball.
RealGM

Post#45 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Houston. Gortat would very likely be happy to be reunited with Ariza and Nene.

Is there any feasible trade with the Rockets? How about Ryan Anderson?

I would be more on board with Anderson off the bench than with Carmelo Anthony as a starter and no Porter.

Bye bye Beal.
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#46 » by cdouglas » Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

I don't believe Gortat is not valued, I think he's upset because he's not getting as many touches as he was with Whitman. It use to be Wall, Beal and Gortat and now that's changed.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#47 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Houston. Gortat would very likely be happy to be reunited with Ariza and Nene.

Is there any feasible trade with the Rockets? How about Ryan Anderson?

I would be more on board with Anderson off the bench than with Carmelo Anthony as a starter and no Porter.

Anderson is locked in with 3 years on his deal. Who's going to play C?

Mahinmi will miss 30-50 games.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#48 » by dlts20 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:40 pm

So am I the only Mahimni fan on here and the only one who thinks that he's easily better and more complete than Gortat? I think alot of fans just look at things in black and white. They see you playing like crap and think "oh, he sucks". Nvm the fact that someone is just coming back from injury and maybe rusty.

Ian missed the whole 1st half of the season. When he came back everyone thought he was a garbage player. I said that "no, he just missed half a season and now everyone else is in mid season form. Give him time before you judge. Then down the last quarter of the season he was awesome and easily our best big.

Unfortunately he got hurt again, missed a month and has to come back while everyone else is in playoff mode. The matchups may not have been great anyways but he had no chance. You can't just judge him by that. If you want to say that he's too much of a injury risk, that's fine. However, don't act like he wasn't awesome when he knocked the rust off and that still wasn't his peak. That was just him not being rusty anymore.

I had hoped Ian would be better than Gortat defensively and he was but I knew that his offense would be terrible compared to Marcin so Gortat should start. Then Ian actually was a much better offensive player than I thought and would actually be better with Wall IMO on both ends. Again, he was horrible in this series but that's just a black and white view. If he's healthy and not rusty, I think he would put up better numbers than Gortat with obviously better defense
dlts20
RealGM

Post#49 » by dlts20 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 pm

Even his ft's got alot better when he wasn't rusty
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,298

Post#50 » by NatP4 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Gortat is 10x more valuable than Morris. That lights out pick and roll combo was 50% wal 50% Gortat back in the day. He has every reason to want to leave this team, they would rather run post ups for Trex Morris than run pick and roll and space the floor out like in years past.

Wittman playoff offense> Brooks playoff offense.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Post#51 » by Wizardspride » Tue May 16, 2017 8:52 pm

dlts20 wrote:So am I the only Mahimni fan on here and the only one who thinks that he's easily better and more complete than Gortat? I think alot of fans just look at things in black and white. They see you playing like crap and think "oh, he sucks". Nvm the fact that someone is just coming back from injury and maybe rusty.

Ian missed the whole 1st half of the season. When he came back everyone thought he was a garbage player. I said that "no, he just missed half a season and now everyone else is in mid season form. Give him time before you judge. Then down the last quarter of the season he was awesome and easily our best big.

Unfortunately he got hurt again, missed a month and has to come back while everyone else is in playoff mode. The matchups may not have been great anyways but he had no chance. You can't just judge him by that. If you want to say that he's too much of a injury risk, that's fine. However, don't act like he wasn't awesome when he knocked the rust off and that still wasn't his peak. That was just him not being rusty anymore.

I had hoped Ian would be better than Gortat defensively and he was but I knew that his offense would be terrible compared to Marcin so Gortat should start. Then Ian actually was a much better offensive player than I thought and would actually be better with Wall IMO on both ends. Again, he was horrible in this series but that's just a black and white view. If he's healthy and not rusty, I think he would put up better numbers than Gortat with obviously better defense

Nope. You're not the only.

I'm an Ian guy too.

I just question his ability to stay healthy (and stay out of foul trouble).
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#52 » by Dark Faze » Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 pm

dlts20 wrote:So am I the only Mahimni fan on here and the only one who thinks that he's easily better and more complete than Gortat? I think alot of fans just look at things in black and white. They see you playing like crap and think "oh, he sucks". Nvm the fact that someone is just coming back from injury and maybe rusty.

Rust doesn't much to do with the simple of action of being able to get out to contest stretch 5 and recover. Or get out on screens to hedge without fouling.

It's not rust. Like I told people before--you think a team like Indiana can afford to let good talent go? They chose to go with Al Jefferson over him for a reason.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#53 » by WizarDynasty » Tue May 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Gortat has no passion for the game. He just goes through the motions. There is nothing in him that turns on during clutch time. No adrenaline to execute an amazing move that might destroy his body but lead to victory like a kaioken times 100. He doesn't fit the defintion of a wizard. Porter and Gortat
don't belong as starters. Maybe bench players, but not playoff caliber starters. All of your starters need to have a burst, porter and gortat don't have a burst. That separates and leads to victory. Wall and beal have it. Morris to a lesser extent. . you even see it in oubre. You don't see in mahini, gortat, porter, boga---
I remeber posting on here a long time go.. starters needs to have quick first step, elite lateral quickness, and above average wing, and can finish through contact.
Gortat needs to go but who can we trade for that meets the above criteria. Bogad was a horrible move.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#54 » by 80sballboy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:Gortat has no passion for the game. He just goes through the motions. There is nothing in him that turns on during clutch time. No adrenaline to execute an amazing move that might destroy his body but lead to victory like a kaioken times 100. He doesn't fit the defintion of a wizard. Porter and Gortat
don't belong as starters. Maybe bench players, but not playoff caliber starters. All of your starters need to have a burst, porter and gortat don't have a burst. That separates and leads to victory. Wall and beal have it. Morris to a lesser extent. . you even see it in oubre. You don't see in mahini, gortat, porter, boga---
I remeber posting on here a long time go.. starters needs to have quick first step, elite lateral quickness, and above average wing, and can finish through contact.
Gortat needs to go but who can we trade for that meets the above criteria. Bogad was a horrible move.

I guess Larry Bird couldn't play for the Wiz then... :noway:
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#55 » by Dark Faze » Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Pretty much all that needs to be said about Gortat
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#56 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Mahinmi gets hurt. Gortat doesn't get hurt. Gortat will play 82 games. Mahinmi will play 30-40.

I don't want that contract on the books. He's not reliable and if you get rid of Gortat, you have no backup C worth a damn and a huge risk.

Screw. That.
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#57 » by m1chal » Tue May 16, 2017 9:05 pm

I guess it's frustration after the loss more than anything else. This and perhaps some morons blaming him for that game 7th loss just judging from the boxscore, not caring to notice all the dirty work he's been doing the whole season. On top of that less touches and signing Mahinmi for more money definitely played some role. Yeah, I can understand why he's pissed off.
The thing is your team still does not have any reliable bench players and watching the playoffs I couldn't understand some of Brooks' rotations.
I think Wall also said something about the season being "unsatisfying". These Wall and Gortat's frustrations are mainly on the management team - their inability to build a decent bench was crucial to the series against Boston. Wiz starting five is easily more talented than Celtics' but their bench made huge difference.
If you are to look for scapegoats perhaps you should look elsewhere than at Gortat.
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#58 » by m1chal » Tue May 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Wizardspride wrote: I just question his ability to stay healthy (and stay out of foul trouble).

And it's a damn huuuge question. He's simply unreliable in the long term. A bad signing despite his obvious talents.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#59 » by dlts20 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Dark Faze wrote:

Rust doesn't much to do with the simple of action of being able to get out to contest stretch 5 and recover. Or get out on screens to hedge without fouling.

It's not rust. Like I told people before--you think a team like Indiana can afford to let good talent go? They chose to go with Al Jefferson over him for a reason.

I totally disagree with that. You don't think rust can throw all your timing off? Stop playing ball for 2 months and then try to close out on guys. You won't be nearly your normal self and you will end up using your hands alot just like Ian did. Your overall timing is all off.

Also, let's not talk about Indy choosing Al over Ian like they didn't have a young stud on a lot of rookie contract in Turner. That's why Ian is gone
dlts20
RealGM

Post#60 » by dlts20 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

Mahinmi gets hurt. Gortat doesn't get hurt. Gortat will play 82 games. Mahinmi will play 30-40.

I don't want that contract on the books. He's not reliable and if you get rid of Gortat, you have no backup C worth a damn and a huge risk.

Screw. That.

Again, I have no issue with this view. If you don't trust his health then fine. I'm just speaking on who is better if both are healthy. Trust me, I know that I hates the fact that None was so good but couldn't be trusted health wise

Return to Washington Wizards