Now that the Season is over...

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: Now that the Season is over... 

Post#101 » by dangermouse » Wed May 24, 2017 6:33 am

DCZards wrote:
80sballboy wrote:I'm not a big Keef fan, but if you look at the list of top 30 power forwards (from Jan. 11), he'd probably now rate in the middle of the pack. There are a ton of bad starting power forwards and Keef's improvements at the 3-point line (29-36.7%) and foul line (71 to 84%), make him at least a serviceable starter when you compare him with the rest of the league.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2683788-nba-player-power-rankings-brs-top-30-power-forwards-at-the-halfway-point

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/morrima02.html

Yup...Keef's numbers and overall play improved this season. Hopefully, he keeps that up. He's a good fit in our starting five.

With Keef, it's all about effort. When he's focused and playing hard, he's good. When he slacks off, which he too often does, Keef is mediocre.

I concur with both posts. Great analysis. He wasnt quite as good as that one year in Phoenix when he "broke out" and everyone was saying "wow Kieff is definitely the better twin."

He's a good cheap fit and a decent starting PF when he gives effort. Being a bargain on his contract, I think it makes him a good trade chip to have as well if it gets us an upgrade at the spot.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#102 » by closg00 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:25 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:So chris bosh i a free agent, he would not coast much at all. I wonder if he would come here? he would be an amazing addition to the bench. I don;t think he can be counted on as a starter any more with his health issues. But if he can pass a physical he could be a huge vet bench player for us.

I also thought about Bosh signing here but i think it would take a lot of money to get him here and plus i have a feeling he'd take the minimum to play with Lebron again, even if they had issues in the past. Same thing with Wade, made it clear if he wants to ring chase he can.

Bosh will go to a Super Team.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#103 » by nate33 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:57 pm

closg00 wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:So chris bosh i a free agent, he would not coast much at all. I wonder if he would come here? he would be an amazing addition to the bench. I don;t think he can be counted on as a starter any more with his health issues. But if he can pass a physical he could be a huge vet bench player for us.

I also thought about Bosh signing here but i think it would take a lot of money to get him here and plus i have a feeling he'd take the minimum to play with Lebron again, even if they had issues in the past. Same thing with Wade, made it clear if he wants to ring chase he can.

Bosh will go to a Super Team.

There's not much room in Cleveland for him and it would cost them a fortune given their luxtax situation. I suppose he could play center for Golden State, but joining that team would really seem weak. Bosh already has rings. Why would he ring chase in such a craven way?

I think Bosh would consider joining a mid-tier team in search of an extra piece. Houston could make sense. As could Washington, Boston or San Antonio.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#105 » by gambitx777 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:06 am

gravytrain24 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:

The wizards are legit now, they have two borderline possible fuure all sats in beal and porter and an all nba point guard. Bosh is not going to get hugh money any where do to his medical issues that eve if cleared can come back.
So offer him the full exception you have and talk him in to playing here on a year or two deal worth a few milll because if the PA wa involved i have feeling he was allowed to keep a lot of his money. He might come play here for a bench roll and the chance at al ring.

The wizards are legit...to make the second round. They have to make changes to get past that hurdle. I'm also aware that there's a good chance he won't get much money due to his medical issues. The pitch the wizards can give to him is good, minutes plus two young studs, but he can get championship pitches in Golden State and Cleveland. Teams that have been and will probably to go back to the finals for the forseeable future. I'd rather spend the money on players that would play 75-82 games.

there are players every year that go to team that shock people also im just saying we make him a call and probably offer him a full exception of what ever kind we have not the min, which is still a solid deal. point is he would be a great get if we can grab him .!
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#106 » by FAH1223 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:27 am

I'd love Patty Mills. However, I feel he's best off the ball as he's great getting free off screens and he cuts to the basket.

I think the Spurs will probably keep him due to Parker's injury. Or Philly offers him a lot
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by dangermouse » Thu May 25, 2017 3:44 am

Of that list, I think i prefer Deron or Darren.

We could pitch to Deron that he'd also get time on the court with Wall, I think he could play some backup SG too.

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#108 » by gravytrain24 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:57 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

I'd love Patty Mills. However, I feel he's best off the ball as he's great getting free off screens and he cuts to the basket.

I think the Spurs will probably keep him due to Parker's injury. Or Philly offers him a lot

If the Spurs get CP3, they wouldn't be able to afford him. I'd love Patty to come off the bench here, he's progressed all aspects of his game his entire career. I'd like Livingston as option 2. I just don't believe the Sato is the back-up point guard for this team. That being said I hope Morris or Goss is available in the draft.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#109 » by daSwami » Fri May 26, 2017 1:42 am

I'm going to spend this Summer praying that Satoransky develops into a legit back-up PG, either by becoming a gym-rat or that something "clicks" in his head and the American game suddenly comes easy to him. Either scenario is unlikely, but it'd be nice not to have to overpay a back-up PG.

Plan B is Ochefu goes full Beast mode.
:banghead:
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#110 » by FAH1223 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#111 » by closg00 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:46 pm

daSwami wrote:I'm going to spend this Summer praying that Satoransky develops into a legit back-up PG, either by becoming a gym-rat or that something "clicks" in his head and the American game suddenly comes easy to him. Either scenario is unlikely, but it'd be nice not to have to overpay a back-up PG.

Plan B is Ochefu goes full Beast mode.

:o Need more plans
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#112 » by gravytrain24 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:46 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And I thought John was going to do any recruiting.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#113 » by dckingsfan » Sun May 28, 2017 2:02 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And I thought John was going to do any recruiting.

Nothing to see here - they are just buds...
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: RE: Re: Now that the Season is over... 

Post#114 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun May 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: RE: Re: Now that the Season is over... 

Post#115 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun May 28, 2017 4:58 pm

dangermouse wrote:Of that list, I think i prefer Deron or Darren.

We could pitch to Deron that he'd also get time on the court with Wall, I think he could play some backup SG too.

Yes. I don't see any downside with Deron Williams, either.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#116 » by Dat2U » Sun May 28, 2017 8:56 pm

dangermouse wrote:
DCZards wrote:
80sballboy wrote:I'm not a big Keef fan, but if you look at the list of top 30 power forwards (from Jan. 11), he'd probably now rate in the middle of the pack. There are a ton of bad starting power forwards and Keef's improvements at the 3-point line (29-36.7%) and foul line (71 to 84%), make him at least a serviceable starter when you compare him with the rest of the league.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2683788-nba-player-power-rankings-brs-top-30-power-forwards-at-the-halfway-point

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/morrima02.html

Yup...Keef's numbers and overall play improved this season. Hopefully, he keeps that up. He's a good fit in our starting five.

With Keef, it's all about effort. When he's focused and playing hard, he's good. When he slacks off, which he too often does, Keef is mediocre.

I concur with both posts. Great analysis. He wasnt quite as good as that one year in Phoenix when he "broke out" and everyone was saying "wow Kieff is definitely the better twin."

He's a good cheap fit and a decent starting PF when he gives effort. Being a bargain on his contract, I think it makes him a good trade chip to have as well if it gets us an upgrade at the spot.

I assume were all grading on a curve here?

My list.

1. Anthony Davis
2. Draymond Green
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo - ask Bucks fans where he plays
4. Paul Millsap
5. Kevin Love
6. Blake Griffin
7. Kristaps Porzingis
8. LaMarcus Aldridge
9. Serge Ibaka
10. Gorgui Dieng
11. James Johnson
12. Ryan Anderson
13. Patrick Patterson
14. Thaddeus Young
15. Larry Nance Jr
16. Harrison Barnes
17. Nicola Mirotic
18. Marcus Morris
19. Derrick Favors
20. Aaron Gordon
21. JaMychal Green
22. Amir Johnson
23. Al-Farouq Aminu
24. Markieff Morris
25. Trevor Booker
26. Marvin Williams
27. Ersan Ilyasova
28. Frank Kaminsky III
29. Taj Gibson
30. Jon Leuer
31. Wilson Chandler
32. David Lee
33. Jonas Jerebko
34. Zach Randolph
35. Kenneth Faried

I would agree that the league is filled with mediocre PFs but that doesn't upgrade Markieff's status because he doesn't stand out among them. His laziness & propensity to take contested mid-range Js makes him solidly below average. He was responsible for many of the wide open looks Olynyk got in game 7. But it goes in step with his lack of focus and unwillingness to do the dirty work most of the time.

If your okay with being a mid tier team then Morris I guess is a passable option at PF. If you want to take the next step your going all-out in an effort to upgrade one of the front court positions this off-season and Morris is probably one of the guys you move to make that possible.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#117 » by DCZards » Mon May 29, 2017 3:33 am

Dat2U wrote:My list.

1. Anthony Davis
2. Draymond Green
4. Paul Millsap
5. Kevin Love
6. Blake Griffin
7. Kristaps Porzingis
8. LaMarcus Aldridge
9. Serge Ibaka
10. Gorgui Dieng
11. James Johnson
12. Ryan Anderson
13. Patrick Patterson
14. Thaddeus Young
15. Larry Nance Jr
16. Harrison Barnes
17. Nicola Mirotic
18. Marcus Morris
19. Derrick Favors
20. Aaron Gordon
21. JaMychal Green
22. Amir Johnson
23. Al-Farouq Aminu
24. Markieff Morris
25. Trevor Booker
26. Marvin Williams
27. Ersan Ilyasova
28. Frank Kaminsky III
29. Taj Gibson
30. Jon Leuer
31. Wilson Chandler
32. David Lee
33. Jonas Jerebko
34. Zach Randolph
35. Kenneth Faried

I'd put Markieff in the 18-20 range. The first 8, maybe 9, players on your list represent a clear first tier. But Keef belongs in that second tier, imo. I rank him ahead of Mirotic, James Johnson, Amir Johnson, Aminu, Patterson and, probably, Green.

Yes, the Zards can do better at PF. But if you move Morris it would presumably be for a top 10-12 PF. Who on that list is available and at what cost?
dangermouse
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by dangermouse » Mon May 29, 2017 6:11 am

Dat2U wrote:
dangermouse wrote:
DCZards wrote:

I assume were all grading on a curve here?

My list.

1. Anthony Davis
2. Draymond Green
4. Paul Millsap
5. Kevin Love
6. Blake Griffin
7. Kristaps Porzingis
8. LaMarcus Aldridge
9. Serge Ibaka
10. Gorgui Dieng
11. James Johnson
12. Ryan Anderson
13. Patrick Patterson
14. Thaddeus Young
15. Larry Nance Jr
16. Harrison Barnes
17. Nicola Mirotic
18. Marcus Morris
19. Derrick Favors
20. Aaron Gordon
21. JaMychal Green
22. Amir Johnson
23. Al-Farouq Aminu
24. Markieff Morris
25. Trevor Booker
26. Marvin Williams
27. Ersan Ilyasova
28. Frank Kaminsky III
29. Taj Gibson
30. Jon Leuer
31. Wilson Chandler
32. David Lee
33. Jonas Jerebko
34. Zach Randolph
35. Kenneth Faried

I would agree that the league is filled with mediocre PFs but that doesn't upgrade Markieff's status because he doesn't stand out among them. His laziness & propensity to take contested mid-range Js makes him solidly below average. He was responsible for many of the wide open looks Olynyk got in game 7. But it goes in step with his lack of focus and unwillingness to do the dirty work most of the time.

If your okay with being a mid tier team then Morris I guess is a passable option at PF. If you want to take the next step your going all-out in an effort to upgrade one of the front court positions this off-season and Morris is probably one of the guys you move to make that possible.

To be fair, I did qualify my statement with "when he gives effort." There is some laziness (kinda reminiscent of Blatche) in his play from game to game, but like i said, when he is on, he's a bit further up that list for me. He's 'value' for money, but again I am not opposed to an upgrade and I recognise that of our starting 5, PF is perhaps our position of biggest need.

Return to Washington Wizards