ImageImageImageImageImage

Congrats John Wall, All-NBA 3rd Team................

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Re: Congrats John Wall, All-NBA 3rd Team................ 

Post#21 » by FAH1223 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
dangermouse wrote:What are the chances he gets all NBA defensive second team honours too? Led the league in total steals

No chance. He regressed defensively this year.

yup... he was way better defensively in 2014 and 2015
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#22 » by tontoz » Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Dream conversation.

Teddy brings Wall into his office and says, "son, you're the King of DC. I'd like you to be a Wizard for life. Congratulations my boy, I'm gonna give you the super max."

John replies, "I love this town, I want to get paid... but above all I want to win. I'll sign that deal on one condition....Ernie goes."

Then reality creeps into your dream....

Ted replies: "I don't like you that much." Then he tells Ernie to start looking at options for trading Wall.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#23 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri May 19, 2017 12:06 pm

tontoz wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Dream conversation.

Teddy brings Wall into his office and says, "son, you're the King of DC. I'd like you to be a Wizard for life. Congratulations my boy, I'm gonna give you the super max."

John replies, "I love this town, I want to get paid... but above all I want to win. I'll sign that deal on one condition....Ernie goes."

Then reality creeps into your dream....

Ted replies: "I don't like you that much." Then he tells Ernie to start looking at options for trading Wall.

....and gets a massive haul of Tyson Chandler and Deron Williams in return...

And only has to give up a top three protected pick to close the deal.
In Rizzo we trust
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#24 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri May 19, 2017 1:17 pm

He should be in 2nd team. Shame

Sent from my HUAWEI CAM-L21 using RealGM mobile app
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#25 » by montestewart » Fri May 19, 2017 2:59 pm

Tricky_Kid wrote:He should be in 2nd team. Shame

Sent from my HUAWEI CAM-L21 using RealGM mobile app

I can understand IT over Wall: accolades generally favor offense over defense, and even defensive accolades often seem to reward bonus points for a player's offense. John Wall has evolved into an at times dangerous scorer, but his best all-time efficiency is not so much better than past years. Based on the numbers, Wall has more rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks by dramatic margins, but IT is clearly a better scorer, shooting 3s at a much higher % and volume, with a better 2 Pt %, close to even inside/at the rim, and gets to the foul line more and shoots at a much higher % there.

I remember when some on this board wondered why the Wizards didn't make a play for Thomas when he was available, especially considering that EG almost always takes the Suns unwanted players in return for 1st round picks. Maybe IT wouldn't have been happy here as a 3rd guard, but imagine a Wall/Beal/Thomas backcourt giving people headaches. IT is an exceptional plaayer; he just can't do much on offense. Hopefully, it was a close vote between Wall and IT.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#26 » by Kanyewest » Fri May 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Breakdown of the voting

Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#27 » by Dark Faze » Fri May 19, 2017 3:09 pm

biggest surprise was how few votes Kyrie got--who was his biggest competition imo
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#28 » by Illmatic12 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Dark Faze wrote:biggest surprise was how few votes Kyrie got--who was his biggest competition imo

Surprised Beal didn't get a single vote - disrespect
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#29 » by tontoz » Fri May 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:biggest surprise was how few votes Kyrie got--who was his biggest competition imo

Surprised Beal didn't get a single vote - disrespect

Kyrie started the All-Star game. Looks like people are starting to wake up to the fact that he isn't that good.

Beal should have gotten some votes. He had a huge year but it's like only Wizards fans noticed.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#30 » by gtn130 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:18 pm

just gonna lol at DDR making any team at all let alone receiving votes. Dude is barely even a good player
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#31 » by WizarDynasty » Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 pm

really hope Ted signs him to the all nba provision right now.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#32 » by AFM » Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:really hope Ted signs him to the all nba provision right now.

I want to see him lower his center of gravity at least 20% before Ted goes all in.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#33 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:03 am

For a 109 million dollar cap, I've got a DPE contract at ~276 million. A max contract from another team would top out at 140 million.

If we offer him the DPE this summer, I think it's a safe bet he signs it. Let's get it done.
Wall2Beal4Three
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#34 » by Wall2Beal4Three » Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 am

Looks like we are going to offer him the max contract...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/wizards-reportedly-plan-to-offer-john-wall-a-long-term-extension-but-would-he-take-it/

If we offer him the max contract and he doesn't sign it, then we should explore what we can get for him. I don't want to trade him, but his value will never be higher.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#35 » by nate33 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 am

Wall2Beal4Three wrote:Looks like we are going to offer him the max contract...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/wizards-reportedly-plan-to-offer-john-wall-a-long-term-extension-but-would-he-take-it/

If we offer him the max contract and he doesn't sign it, then we should explore what we can get for him. I don't want to trade him, but his value will never be higher.

The only remotely plausible trade that I might consider is John Wall for Anthony Davis.
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#36 » by Meliorus » Tue May 23, 2017 2:25 am

nate33 wrote:

The only remotely plausible trade that I might consider is John Wall for Anthony Davis.

Ernie is not trading this guy unless it's for somebody that is significantly better. And newsflash, there is nobody in the NBA who is significantly better than John Wall. Getting a marginal improvement wouldn't make up for the catastrophic damage trading John would do for the fan-base. Too many people have an emotional connection to this guy, ticket-sales would fall below what they already are. He's slowly becoming the spokesperson for DC, the face of the entire city, sports-wise.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:40 am

That article quotes a number of 170 million for his contract, but that number is low by 100 million. It'd be a 6 year deal with 7.5% annual raises that is scaled to the 2019-2020 season's cap.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:41 am

nate33 wrote:

Agreed.

Return to Washington Wizards