Beal: "Cleveland didn't want to see us"

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Re: Beal: "Cleveland didn't want to see us" 

Post#21 » by nate33 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:44 am

JWizmentality wrote:Beal is not a competitor. Any real competitor with any self awareness would never make those comments.

I disagree. These are exactly the type of comments a competitor makes. You can criticize Beal for lacking self awareness, but not for lacking competitiveness.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#22 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 am

You can criticize Beal, but I don't think the Wizards would be down 40 at halftime at home to the Cavs.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,915

Post#23 » by CobraCommander » Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 am

Benjammin wrote:Seriously down by 40 in the second quarter?

Sent from my XT1650 using RealGM mobile app

Uh on your home court... uh damn?

cobra!!!
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#24 » by 80sballboy » Sat May 20, 2017 1:56 am

LeBron James outcoaching Brad "next Pops and Red" Stevens. I guess the Wiz wore them out and rest does matter though it's just a bad matchup.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#25 » by mhd » Sat May 20, 2017 2:03 am

I turned off the game for a second. Is Thomas hurt? Was he benched to start the 3rd quarter?
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#26 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat May 20, 2017 2:37 am

mhd wrote:I turned off the game for a second. Is Thomas hurt? Was he benched to start the 3rd quarter?

Fake hurt. Weak minded, lacking pride.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#27 » by CobraCommander » Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 am

I agree with Beal...and honestly...if there was even a possiblity that what's happening to Boston could have happened to us...I AM GLAD WE ARE NOT PLAYING THE CAVS. The Boston Celtics are going to be scarred from this...trust me. Lebron is going to own every player on this roster for the rest of thier careers. The Celtics are not going to speak Lebrons name above a whisper after this series...

We dont need that in our lives.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#28 » by FAH1223 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:05 am

CobraCommander wrote:I agree with Beal...and honestly...if there was even a possiblity that what's happening to Boston could have happened to us...I AM GLAD WE ARE NOT PLAYING THE CAVS. The Boston Celtics are going to be scarred from this...trust me. Lebron is going to own every player on this roster for the rest of thier careers. The Celtics are not going to speak Lebrons name above a whisper after this series...

JR responds to Brad

Read on Twitter
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#29 » by payitforward » Sat May 20, 2017 12:44 pm

nate33 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Beal is not a competitor. Any real competitor with any self awareness would never make those comments.

I disagree. These are exactly the type of comments a competitor makes. You can criticize Beal for lacking self awareness, but not for lacking competitiveness.

Always hard to remember how young these guys are. This statement was made by a 23-year old. Not a wise thing to say, but not hard to understand.

I think JR Smith's response was on the money. Like being chastened by an older, more experienced cousin: "Talk when you win, shut up when you lose."
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#30 » by Meliorus » Sat May 20, 2017 2:43 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:You can criticize Beal, but I don't think the Wizards would be down 40 at halftime at home to the Cavs.

I didn't think the Wizards would lose 4 out of 7 games to a team down 40 at halftime at home to the Cavs.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#31 » by JWizmentality » Sat May 20, 2017 4:13 pm

nate33 wrote:

No he lacks that too. He has a tendency to wilt under pressure. You know this. You've seen it. Sorry, we have different definition. I don't know what you call the person that sits at home and bemoans how he would have done great in the finals when he got eliminated in the previous round.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#32 » by Illmatic12 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:35 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
nate33 wrote:

No he lacks that too. He has a tendency to wilt under pressure. You know this. You've seen it. Sorry, we have different definition. I don't know what you call the person that sits at home and bemoans how he would have done great in the finals when he got eliminated in the previous round.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Beal is a true competitor. He was itching for a 7-game series against the Cavs , and you could see in the way that he played Game 7 that he didn't want to go home. Unfortunately the rest of his team didn't follow him.

I'm guessing you've never played competitive sports if you don't understand Brad's mentality. And that's ok, but don't make comments about a guy not being a competitor if you don't understand what that means yourself.

Now he shouldn't have made the comments right after his team losing. But I'd rather have a 23-yo kid who's chomping at the bit to compete, than guys like Derozan and Lowry who are already planning family vacations during the playoffs.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#33 » by JWizmentality » Sat May 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
nate33 wrote:I disagree. These are exactly the type of comments a competitor makes. You can criticize Beal for lacking self awareness, but not for lacking competitiveness.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Beal is a true competitor. He was itching for a 7-game series against the Cavs , and you could see in the way that he played Game 7 that he didn't want to go home. Unfortunately the rest of his team didn't follow him.

I'm guessing you've never played competitive sports if you don't understand Brad's mentality. And that's ok, but don't make comments about a guy not being a competitor if you don't understand what that means yourself.

Now he shouldn't have made the comments right after his team losing. But I'd rather have a 23-yo kid who's chomping at the bit to compete, than guys like Derozan and Lowry who are already planning family vacations during the playoffs.

No, I've played sports my whole life. Sorry we're wired differently. Regardless, I don't need a "sports" license to give my opinion. When I got eliminated, I watched the finals figuring out how to get better, not sit there thinking I've already arrived with the arrogance that I could have done better if only....don't give me that crap. He played awesome in game 7, goody. Play that way for all 7 games, not when your back is up against the wall. Freakin J.R Smith put him in his place.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#34 » by Illmatic12 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

No, I've played sports my whole life. Sorry we're wired differently. Regardless, I don't need a "sports" license to give my opinion. When I got eliminated, I watched the finals figuring out how to get better, not sit there thinking I've already arrived with the arrogance that I could have done better if only....don't give me that crap. He played awesome in game 7, goody. Play that way for all 7 games, not when your back is up against the wall.

Again, I disagree completely. Beal has had that competitive arrogance his entire life and it's got him to the point of being top 5 SG in the world as a 23yo, so personally I hope he keeps that edge for as long as he's playing ball. Unfortunately our bench is terrible and didn't give us any help in Game 7, but I hope our core younger guys keep that same mentality next year and going into the future.

Anyways Brad simply said the same thing everyone is thinking.. Wiz are a group that has heart (at least our starters do) and were itching to face Cleveland. They wouldn't have laid down

Read on Twitter
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#35 » by montestewart » Sat May 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Hopefully Beal keeps making comments like this in case it's a slow summer
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#36 » by JWizmentality » Sat May 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Well, I'm not going to sit here and argue on speculation. Saying we would have done better is just another way to make you feel better about your failure. Conjecture is useless. Cleveland could have just as easily taken us to the woodshed. It's easy to sit here and watch Boston get creamed so it makes you feel better about your own short comings. So all we're doing is postulating about shoulda woulda coulda. Funny...I know a way that could've been avoided. *smirk*
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#37 » by Kanyewest » Sat May 20, 2017 6:00 pm

montestewart wrote:Hopefully Beal keeps making comments like this in case it's a slow summer

It was a slow news day yesterday as well before the game. I was watching ESPN at a bar and Beal's made it to PTI and even Sportscenter. All before they started showing women's softball.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#38 » by montestewart » Sat May 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
montestewart wrote:Hopefully Beal keeps making comments like this in case it's a slow summer

It was a slow news day yesterday as well before the game. I was watching ESPN at a bar and Beal's made it to PTI and even Sportscenter. All before they started showing women's softball.

It's more entertaining when someone like Jordan Crawford says it. Who will be the next high-usage, low-efficiency, barely-a-backup to offer his variation of "I'm the straw that stirs the drink." Always good for a laugh.

Agree with other comments; in this context, Beal sounds a bit ridiculous, but overall, who cares? It's fine to respect an opponent, just don't fear them. Beal made great strides this year, that's the important thing to me.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: RE: Re: Beal: "Cleveland didn't want to see us" 

Post#39 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun May 21, 2017 1:37 am

JWizmentality wrote:Oh STFU. Now is not the time to be running your mouth. Lebron and Cleveland are not the team to shy away from any competition. They would have ran through us just the same, and we would have at least been guaranteed a couple games from you where you can't dribble, shoot, pass, and fall over as you turn the ball over so STFU, enjoy the summer and try to work on your game to be more consistent, reliable, and mentally stable so you don't have to talk about how good you are when your arse is eliminated and sitting at home. :crazy: :banghead: :nonono:

Greatest first two words/acronym post.

I nominate this for Hall of Fame post I didn't even read that s***

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#40 » by CobraCommander » Sun May 21, 2017 2:19 am

FAH1223 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:I agree with Beal...and honestly...if there was even a possiblity that what's happening to Boston could have happened to us...I AM GLAD WE ARE NOT PLAYING THE CAVS. The Boston Celtics are going to be scarred from this...trust me. Lebron is going to own every player on this roster for the rest of thier careers. The Celtics are not going to speak Lebrons name above a whisper after this series...

JR responds to Brad

Read on Twitter

JR actually cant respond to Brad....JR a witness of greatness ..not a true participant in making greatness happen. JR is more known for his lack of shirt than his actual game.

Return to Washington Wizards