ImageImageImageImageImage

2017-18 schedule

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

2017-18 schedule 

Post#1 » by keynote » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:18 pm

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/08/10/cleveland-cavaliers-golden-state-warriors-highlight-opening-night-and-christmas

Looks like we're starting off at home for a change -- on ESPN vs. the Sixers. And, we're getting a Christmas Day rematch vs. the Celts -- which makes sense.

The NBA will release the rest of the schedule next week. I assume we'll have more national games than last year.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Re: 2017-18 schedule 

Post#2 » by montestewart » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:53 pm

Gonna be an odd season without Phil. I can't remember, have they announced the replacement yet?
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#3 » by keynote » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#4 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Some things that caught my eye:

-Already mentioned, but starting at home, feels like it's been forever since that's last happened.

-Our two major West Coast swings are real early in the season, we typically always have those late.

-18 nationally televised games, pretty darn impressed with that (in one stretch we have 7 in 10 games on national TV). Question, are all teams getting many more nationally televised games?

-At a very quick first glance, December and February look like our easiest months.

Overall, the schedule feels much different than in years past. I feel like this schedule isn't really ours.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#5 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 pm

montestewart wrote:Gonna be an odd season without Phil. I can't remember, have they announced the replacement yet?

Not yet.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#6 » by Rafael122 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:25 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Some things that caught my eye:

-Already mentioned, but starting at home, feels like it's been forever since that's last happened.

-Our two major West Coast swings are real early in the season, we typically always have those late.

-18 nationally televised games, pretty darn impressed with that (in one stretch we have 7 in 10 games on national TV). Question, are all teams getting many more nationally televised games?

-At a very quick first glance, December and February look like our easiest months.

Overall, the schedule feels much different than in years past. I feel like this schedule isn't really ours.

I remember late last season both of our west coast trips were in the beginning and end of March. I've never seen that before, there was one usually in December and then another late in the season.

As far as nationally televised games, I think the league knows which teams are must watch and are acting accordingly.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#7 » by montestewart » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:59 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Some things that caught my eye:

I remember late last season both of our west coast trips were in the beginning and end of March. I've never seen that before, there was one usually in December and then another late in the season.

As far as nationally televised games, I think the league knows which teams are must watch and are acting accordingly.

By my count, Cavs have 29 nationally televised game, Celtics have 25, Sixers have 14, Raptors have 5, Bulls and Pacers have 1, Hawks have 0. Wizards with 18 games looks about right in that list.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#8 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 am

keynote wrote:http://www.nba.com/article/2017/08/10/cleveland-cavaliers-golden-state-warriors-highlight-opening-night-and-christmas

Looks like we're starting off at home for a change -- on ESPN vs. the Sixers. And, we're getting a Christmas Day rematch vs. the Celts -- which makes sense.

The NBA will release the rest of the schedule next week. I assume we'll have more national games than last year.

If we don't get home cooking I think the Sixers are going to win the opening game.

Embiid is a monster. SImmons has flown under the radar. Those guys are #1 overall picks. So is Fultz, who will be making his debut.

I think the Wizards will come out playing the name, Sixers, and they'll be overconfident.

(Nothing else to do in the off season. Might as well start something being negative.)
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#9 » by montestewart » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:07 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
keynote wrote:http://www.nba.com/article/2017/08/10/cleveland-cavaliers-golden-state-warriors-highlight-opening-night-and-christmas

If we don't get home cooking I think the Sixers are going to win the opening game.

Embiid is a monster. SImmons has flown under the radar. Those guys are #1 overall picks. So is Fultz, who will be making his debut.

I think the Wizards will come out playing the name, Sixers, and they'll be overconfident.

(Nothing else to do in the off season. Might as well start something being negative.)

Actually Embiid, predicted to go #1, was chosen at #3 because of injury concerns (very much like Noel falling to #6). He missed his first two years. And Simmons missed his first year.

If Embiid and Simmons can stay healthy, the Sixers will at least figuratively have three #1 picks (and possibly exceptional ones, even for #1 picks) coming into their primes together.

But if I was a Sixers fan, I'll bet I'd have a big IF sign flashing in the back of my mind.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#10 » by Kanyewest » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

The Wizards were 1-2 against the 76ers last year (although they didn't have Beal in their first game). The game is on National TV so I imagine Washington will want to prove a point. Fultz/Simmons could be deadly although it may also take them time to get adjusted to playing in the NBA. I would be concerned about Fultz guarding either Wall or Beal and how Simmons will shoot from 3. But yeah, Washington can't afford to take Philadelphia lightly especially since Washington lost their last meeting and they didn't even have Embiid.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#11 » by TheBabyMaker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:06 pm

I feel John Wall took games off (not playing his best) against Philly last year when they had an injured, depleted team. I don't expect that to happen this year if Philly can stay healthy they should be in the playoff hunt. Wizards need to take them more seriously this year they have a few National games against them, why???? I like the schedule but it looks like most games Nationally tv are on the road but ill take it. Wall is going to get his money, Beal and Porter got theirs now it time to prove if we are legit.

Return to Washington Wizards