ImageImageImageImageImage

Political Roundtable Part XV

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Re: Political Roundtable Part XV 

Post#1281 » by cammac » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 pm

4 soldiers dead in Niger for over 1 week and not a acknowledgement from Trump????
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1282 » by Wizardspride » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:30 pm

cammac wrote:4 soldiers dead in Niger for over 1 week and not a acknowledgement from Trump????

Yeah...but Obama! etc etc :nonono:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
GhostofChenier
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#1283 » by GhostofChenier » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:46 pm

OMG this is for WIZARDS. Old politics people is not related to NBA CHAT BOARD. You types ruined NFL, stop trying to ruin NBA!!!!!

I WAITED 2 WEEKS AND THIS PLACE IS DEAD DAYS AWAY FROM OPENER. YOU'RE RUINING YOUR BOARD, WHO WOULD JOIN THIS??
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1284 » by tontoz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:52 pm

GhostofChenier wrote:OMG this is for WIZARDS. Old politics people is not related to NBA CHAT BOARD. You types ruined NFL, stop trying to ruin NBA!!!!!

I WAITED 2 WEEKS AND THIS PLACE IS DEAD DAYS AWAY FROM OPENER. YOU'RE RUINING YOUR BOARD, WHO WOULD JOIN THIS??

If you don't like this thread then why do you keep clicking on it?

Helloooooo mcfly, is anybody home?
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
GhostofChenier
Sophomore

Post#1285 » by GhostofChenier » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:23 pm

tontoz wrote:
GhostofChenier wrote:OMG this is for WIZARDS. Old politics people is not related to NBA CHAT BOARD. You types ruined NFL, stop trying to ruin NBA!!!!!

WTF is a mcfly grandpa lol. Whatever.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1286 » by Wizardspride » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Post#1287 » by Pointgod » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is pretty much an empty gesture but it is an example that protests do work.
GhostofChenier
Sophomore

Post#1288 » by GhostofChenier » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:07 am

Omg you people are destroying sports, losers. ITS A **** GAME, NOT SOME OLD PERSON PROTEST. Sports are for fun **** and they make us forget real world idiots for a few hours.

Losers! **** you all you are the problem!!!!

Stop trying to make sports a place for old people politics!!!!!!
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1289 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 am

Ouch

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#1290 » by dckingsfan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 am

Wizardspride wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:He's literally contradicting his rationale for ending the ACA subsidies....but its not as if we don't know what this is about.

Trump has been obsessed with destroying President Obama's legacy for years now.

Read on Twitter

He did run on it as part of his platform - so there is that.

And he was/is able to do in now because of what he has done:
1) Reduce Marketing for ACA
2) Reduce/Eliminate CSR payments

In both cases they weren't in the law - so Administrative Action are possible. I think both parties should be concerned with the growth of Administrative Action(s) starting back with the Kennedy Administration - they continue to grow. We are seeing this with the Dreamers Act as well.

No doubt he ran on it.

I just question his motivations for being opposed to it.

The ironic thing is the majority of the public would now prefer the ACA be fixed, not dismantled.

And the other irony - the Rs lawsuit paved the way for him to do the action. Guessing that will come back to bite them.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1291 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:35 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

[
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
GhostofChenier
Sophomore

Post#1292 » by GhostofChenier » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:45 am

Morons you idiots make it hard to get a job!!!!! Making everyone mad at each other and making sports about politics and politics about sports.

When we get older I will make sure my little kids never act like the old people of the past few years. Everyone lies allllll day everywhere.

Scum!!!!
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#1293 » by cammac » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:17 am

GhostofChenier wrote:Morons you idiots make it hard to get a job!!!!! Making everyone mad at each other and making sports about politics and politics about sports.

When we get older I will make sure my little kids never act like the old people of the past few years. Everyone lies allllll day everywhere.

Scum!!!!

Keep flipping at Micky Ds
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: RE: Re: Political Roundtable Part XV 

Post#1294 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:03 am

tontoz wrote:

Yup.

I only started visiting this thread regularly when SD20 came back. The politics board is unique to Washington because Washington is the center of the government. DC people are really into politics.

GhostofChenier, where I totally agree with you is that most of the people on this board cannot discuss politics without becoming polarizing. They'll start hating nate33 and they run off many others because they're just mean-spirited with their opinions.

I think the politics thread is okay but it does potentially run some people away.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1295 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:04 am

GhostofChenier wrote:Omg you people are destroying sports, losers. ITS A **** GAME, NOT SOME OLD PERSON PROTEST. Sports are for fun **** and they make us forget real world idiots for a few hours.

Losers! **** you all you are the problem!!!!

Stop trying to make sports a place for old people politics!!!!!!

You either need a hug, a Snickers bar, or somebody to whoop your ass. (I say that lovingly. Been there myself!)

Perhaps two out of three or all three.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1296 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 am

GhostofChenier wrote:Morons you idiots make it hard to get a job!!!!! Making everyone mad at each other and making sports about politics and politics about sports.

Scum!!!!

What's so funny is when you get older you're going to start acting like we do now!

Remember what you just said if you live to be our age!!!

By the way I'm glad you put your real feelings out. That entertained me.

You clicked on the politics thread and got mad because we're discussing political issues!

WTF

Bye bye Beal.
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#1297 » by stilldropin20 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 am

Wizardspride wrote:He's literally contradicting his rationale for ending the ACA subsidies....but its not as if we don't know what this is about.

Read on Twitter

what if one of these jackazzes actually called out some stupid birther BS? and one did.

then. then...what if the other one of these jackazzes, as presidident of the united states, the greatest leader in the world, then called out the the other at the correspondiants dinnner? what about that? with the grand finally..."at least I am a president."

and which point the other jackazz, a capable billionaire, then deicided right then and there to become president? and he did it?

which then the current president, said to himself. oh shxt! and then booby trapped the entire existing US government at the highest levels to obstruct and obfuscate at will, leak away, and disinform away the entire will of the US people so as to handicap make ineffective the entire incoming regime.

and then. what if...the incoming regime got through all somehow that. didn't get impeached. and then proceeded to say, "you want to play...let's play" and went about destroying the entire outgoing regime's legacy?

I'm sorry. pardon me if I dont see a bigger person in all that nor a higher ground. I see two babies. acting like babies.
like i said, its a full rebuild.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1298 » by stilldropin20 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 am

:o :o woah, who's the new guy? wtf did i miss? :lol: :lol: wait. what did he just say!!!?? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1299 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:25 am

stilldropin20 wrote:

Read on Twitter

what if one of these jackazzes actually called out some stupid birther BS? and one did.

then. then...what if the other one of these jackazzes, as presidident of the united states, the greatest leader in the world, then called out the the other at the correspondiants dinnner? what about that? with the grand finally..."at least I am a president."

and which point the other jackazz, a capable billionaire, then deicided right then and there to become president? and he did it?

which then the current president, said to himself. oh shxt! and then booby trapped the entire existing US government at the highest levels to obstruct and obfuscate at will, leak away, and disinform away the entire will of the US people so as to handicap make ineffective the entire incoming regime.

and then. what if...the incoming regime got through all somehow that. didn't get impeached. and then proceeded to say, "you want to play...let's play" and went about destroying the entire outgoing regime's legacy?

I'm sorry. pardon me if I dont see a bigger person in all that nor a higher ground. I see two babies. acting like babies.

Let me present another scenario:

It's interesting to me that you equate Trumps birtherism (questioning Obama's citzenship, academic credentials etc etc) to jokes told at the WH correspondents dinner.

One is wacko conspiracy theory tinged with racism while the other is just what happens at the event.

You tell jokes. Make fun of others (all in good fun), make fun of yourself as well..which Obama did.

The only difference is in Trump's reaction.

Most 70 year olds can laugh at a good natured joke and just shrug it off.

But not Trump apparently.

I mean he portrays himself as the alpha male but basically he can dish it out but cannot take ANY criticism...even if it's a freaking joke.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't quite understand how African Americans felt/feel about Trumps birtherism.

To black folk (and yes, I think I'm qualified to speak for the majority in this case) Trump's birtherism was a direct assault on Obama's legitimacy. It wasn't "funny" and it wasn't a "joke".

Not only did he question his birthplace, he implied that the only reason Obama got into an Ivy League
school was due to affirmative action.

WHY??

Even Obama's biggest detractors don't question his intellect.

So why did Trump automatically make that assumption?

Because He's black perhaps?

Yeah, I'll go with that.

As someone who voted for Obama (three times) I would think Trump's BS attacks would bother you as well.

So yeah, imo birtherism doesn't equate to what is basically a roast.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1300 » by stilldropin20 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Let me present another scenario:

It's interesting to me that you equate Trumps birtherism (questioning Obama's citzenship, academic credentials etc etc) to jokes told at the WH correspondents dinner.

One is wacko conspiracy theory tinged with racism while the other is just what happens at the event.

You tell jokes. Make fun of others (all in good fun), make fun of yourself as well..which Obama did.

The only difference is in Trump's reaction.

Most 70 year olds can laugh at a good natured joke and just shrug it off.

But not Trump apparently.

I mean he portrays himself as the alpha male but basically he can dish it out but cannot take ANY criticism...even if it's a freaking joke.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't quite understand how African Americans felt/feel about Trumps birtherism.

To black folk (and yes, I think I'm qualified to speak for the majority in this case) Trump's birtherism was a direct assault on Obama's legitimacy. It wasn't "funny" and it wasn't a "joke".

Not only did he question his birthplace, he implied that the only reason Obama got into an Ivy League
school was due to affirmative action.

WHY??

Even Obama's biggest detractors don't question his intellect.

So why did Trump automatically make that assumption?

Because He's black perhaps?

Yeah, I'll go with that.

As someone who voted for Obama (three times) I would think Trump's BS attacks would bother you as well.

So yeah, imo birtherism doesn't equate to what is basically a roast.

i guess you dont understand what i'm saying. i'm clearly agree with the sentiment of your post. I'm just saying that Obama's "joke" appears to be the costliest "joke" Obama has ever said. correspondance roast or not. he poked and prodded the sleeping bear who probably didn't want to put in the actual work nor spend the money to run. At least that's what Obama had figured.

I personally dont equate racism to birtherism at all. In any way shape or form. its just politics at the highest level. with the biggest stakes in the entire world. the gloves are off. and been off. on both sides. crying racists is just another "punch" with the gloves off. this has been a tool of the left for at least 2 decades. the most powerful man in the world didn't need to run and hide behind such a defense. it was beneath Obama. and that's why obama himself never used it.

Look, trump was considering running back in 07-08 when he picked up on birtherism. trump was clearly testing the waters of running back then and using controversial headline catching campaign issues however rediculous. Obama clearly didn't take trump serious enough. and this includes right up until about september 2016. it was right about then that you could see a new found stress in obama while campaigning to keep his "legacy" in tact. Trump began to surge in the polls. they were certain that the october surprise would sink trump. and that just running on "racists, sexist, chauvanist" etc would work. thats all they ran on. CNN, NBC ran those videos ("grab them by the...") for 7 straight days. 24/7. so yeah, those gloves are off. been off.

tbh, the 2016 election is one of the greatest miscalculations and underestimations ive ever seen of my life time. I dont think I'll see another like it. Trump had no business winning that election. none. but the man did his homework and he put in the hours.

I dont think any election will ever be as interesting as 2016. But i cant wait for October 2020 and 2024 should trump pick his own successor. I fairly certain at least 1-2 more trumps are going to at least run.

Return to Washington Wizards