stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Re: Political Roundtable Part XV 

Post#1341 » by stilldropin20 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 pm

gtn130 wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:
gtn130 wrote:
Dude, this caricature of 'progressives' you've construed in your mind isn't actually a thing. Like, I don't even think 'progressives' as a collective body have made any pronouncements at all regarding free speech. It's not really a serious topic.

That said, I'm fine with Nazis not being allowed to host rallies. Similarly, I also prefer that ISIS recruiters can't host rallies. But that's really it. Otherwise I don't care what people give speeches about. My line in the sand is when the event is organized by terrorists with the intent of galvanizing people to commit acts of violence.

If you can't differentiate between Nazis and normal people, that's on you.

the normal people that enslaved afican americans for nearly 400 years? or the normal people that dropped 2 massive bombs on civilians in Japan killing nearly 100K people and creating very high cancer rates in the region for decades?

which normal and good people are we talking about exactly? oh the french? the italians!!? the greeks!!?? the aztecs!!? the mayans??i just dont know where to find those "normal" people. still looking though.

let me help. everyone is self serving. accept it for it is the way of the human nature.

Hey SD20, this line of thinking is totally wrong and abhorrent, and on some level you know it. Daddy Trump may choose to equate Nazis with everyone else, but normal, decent people don't do that.

Most of your posts I find hilariously stupid and something I can tolerate, but this one stopped being funny for me. Do better.

SD20 had nothing to do with what any of those groups of people did. nothing. Nor anyone in ww1, ww2 or any conflict anywhere around the world. SD20 has served in the US NAVY and has honorably left the Navy and although opinionated, SD20 is a "peace and love" kinda guy. SD20 dont start no shxt, so there wont be no shxt. But SD20 dont take no shxt either. so stop blaming SD20. Humanity is kinda of sick. It is. and it aint SD20's fault. Looky a here, SD20 he lets me drive his car and wear his clothes from time to time and I can tell you that SD20 sees the sicknesses of humanity for what it is. and since humanity is kinda sick, SD20 understands that being President of the United States is a "dirty job," but somebody has got to do it. Barrack Obama dropped over 2500 drones and the low end estimates are that 2000 causalities both women and children and as many as 8000 on the high end. It takes a "psychopath" to do that kind of job, my friend. And SD20 gets it that Donald trump is not your kind of "psychopath." We allllllllll get it. you dont like him.

oh, and for the record, SD20 does NOT actually think humanity is sick. SD20 thinks that powerful bankers and the wealthy ruling class is indeed sick and they influence global politicians into "sick" wars and conflicts and sanctions. yeah SD20's eyes are wide open.
like i said, its a full rebuild.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#1342 » by cammac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 pm

SD20 talking in the 1st person. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
You need help!!!!!! :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger:
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1343 » by stilldropin20 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 pm

cammac wrote:SD20 talking in the 1st person. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
You need help!!!!!! :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger:

in my defense, if we had our original poetry thread, from like 2003-2004 where we had regular rap battles this last post would not have been necessary in the politics thread. The struggle is real, man! The struggle is real. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#1344 » by Pointgod » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:35 pm

cammac wrote:Murder Rates Per 100,000
Canada 1.68
USA 4.88
Norway.56
Sweden 1.15
France 1.58
Germany .85
Switzerland .69 They have fewer gun laws than most of the other countries listed but much more restricted than USA
Australia .98
New Zealand .91
Japan .31
UK .92
Italy .78

The typical response you'll get is that these countries are homogeneous, dog whistle for not alot of colored people and also complete bull.

It's not rocket science, the US has high rates of gun deaths because there are roughly the same amount of guns as people and inadequate gun laws. The majority of Americans want some form of gun control, so do the majority of gun owners and NRA members. The biggest obstacle is the gun lobby and their bought off politicians. They've managed to control the narrative that the government is coming for everyone's guns. Start with policies aimed at gun manufacturers and work up from there.
cammac
General Manager

Post#1345 » by cammac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Canada 1.68
USA 4.88
Norway.56
Sweden 1.15
France 1.58
Germany .85
Switzerland .69 They have fewer gun laws than most of the other countries listed but much more restricted than USA
Australia .98
New Zealand .91
Japan .31
UK .92
Italy .78

The typical response you'll get is that these countries are homogeneous, dog whistle for not alot of colored people and also complete bull.

It's not rocket science, the US has high rates of gun deaths because there are roughly the same amount of guns as people and inadequate gun laws. The majority of Americans want some form of gun control, so do the majority of gun owners and NRA members. The biggest obstacle is the gun lobby and their bought off politicians. They've managed to control the narrative that the government is coming for everyone's guns. Start with policies aimed at gun manufacturers and work up from there.

Yes some of the countries are homogeneous but France, UK, Germany, Australia, NZ and Canada are not.
I didn't include Russia which is homogeneous to the extent it is European and Eurasian with a smattering of Asia has 9.2 murder rate tossing out Nate's theories.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1346 » by Pointgod » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:36 am

cammac wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Canada 1.68
USA 4.88
Norway.56
Sweden 1.15
France 1.58
Germany .85
Australia .98
New Zealand .91
Japan .31
UK .92
Italy .78

Yes some of the countries are homogeneous but France, UK, Germany, Australia, NZ and Canada are not.
I didn't include Russia which is homogeneous to the extent it is European and Eurasian with a smattering of Asia has 9.2 murder rate tossing out Nate's theories.

What the hell is going on in Russia that the murder rate is so high?
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#1347 » by verbal8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:15 am

This seems like something that could really weaken Trump among his base. While I think they will clearly tolerate all types of lies and newness directed at public figures, this is another level.
This is the widow of a respected veteran. While many would say there are many similarities with his attacks on McCann, some would give him a pass on attacking a politician there. There isn't that type of defense here.
Wizardspride wrote:We all know (at least most of us) what/who Trump is but this week he's sunk to a new low.

I can't wrap my head around what he said to that grieving widow.

I mean even if he meant no harm, dude just has no sense of empathy.

And that's why I laugh when people claim Trump is on America's side.

What in his history indicates that?

Hell, it's quite the opposite.

:nonono:
verbal8
General Manager

Post#1348 » by verbal8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 am

I think it is often common enemies vs empathy.
Hillary didn't offer much of an empathetic alternative. Biden would have. I think Elizabeth Warren or Bernie would also offered some.
Wizardspride wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:We all know (at least most of us) what/who Trump is but this week he's sunk to a new low.

He's the text book example of a sociopathic conman. He's good at telling people what they want to hear but he's not capable of actually demonstrating empathy.

Exactly....and that's why I can't understand WHY his supporters think he's empathetic to their plight.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1349 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 am

verbal8 wrote:I think it is often common enemies vs empathy.
Hillary didn't offer much of an empathetic alternative. Biden would have. I think Elizabeth Warren or Bernie would also offered some.
Wizardspride wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
He's the text book example of a sociopathic conman. He's good at telling people what they want to hear but he's not capable of actually demonstrating empathy.

Exactly....and that's why I can't understand WHY his supporters think he's empathetic to their plight.

no president has ever supported the troops and the police more than trump. the troops and police are well aware. you guys are reaching. and the right knows you guys are spinning. and this kind of a "disgusting" thing to politicize. so you are also turning off the right to even bother listening anymore.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#1350 » by verbal8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:38 am

Pointgod wrote:
cammac wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

What the hell is going on in Russia that the murder rate is so high?

killer twitter bots?
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#1351 » by Wizardspride » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 am

stilldropin20 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Exactly....and that's why I can't understand WHY his supporters think he's empathetic to their plight.

no president has ever supported the troops and the police more than trump. the troops and police are well aware. you guys are reaching. and the right knows you guys are spinning. and this kind of a "disgusting" thing to politicize. so you are also turning off the right to even bother listening anymore.

We're politicizing it?

Seriously?

All of this started when Trump got on tv and made his comments about previous presidents.

He politicized it himself.

Trump can literally say anything about anyone and you're fine with it.

Heck, Trump could punch me in the face right now and you would lecture me for being upset with him.

I'm dead serious too lol.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1352 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 am

Wizardspride wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:

We're politicizing it?

Seriously?

All of this started when Trump got on tv and made his comments about previous presidents.

Heck, Trump could punch me in the face right now and you would lecture me for being upset with him.

ah, so the self proclaimed polished, moral compass on the left is now going to be as outrageous as trump?

on the bright side, at least you're getting off the high horse?
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#1353 » by Wizardspride » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 am

stilldropin20 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:

We're politicizing it?

Seriously?

ah, so the self proclaimed polished, moral compass on the left is now going to be as outrageous as trump?

on the bright side, at least you're getting off the high horse?

"Self proclaimed moral compass on the left?"

Lol

Not hardly.

But with that being said I don't think it's any secret that Trump is serial liar, a narcissist and just an ass in general.

And it has nothing to do with his politics either.

Trump isn't even that conservative.

My opinion of Trump is based off years of evidence.

As the saying goes, "When someone shows you who they are believe them."
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#1354 » by gtn130 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 am

stilldropin20 wrote:
gtn130 wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:
the normal people that enslaved afican americans for nearly 400 years? or the normal people that dropped 2 massive bombs on civilians in Japan killing nearly 100K people and creating very high cancer rates in the region for decades?

which normal and good people are we talking about exactly? oh the french? the italians!!? the greeks!!?? the aztecs!!? the mayans??i just dont know where to find those "normal" people. still looking though.

let me help. everyone is self serving. accept it for it is the way of the human nature.

Hey SD20, this line of thinking is totally wrong and abhorrent, and on some level you know it. Daddy Trump may choose to equate Nazis with everyone else, but normal, decent people don't do that.

Most of your posts I find hilariously stupid and something I can tolerate, but this one stopped being funny for me. Do better.

SD20 had nothing to do with what any of those groups of people did. nothing. Nor anyone in ww1, ww2 or any conflict anywhere around the world. SD20 has served in the US NAVY and has honorably left the Navy and although opinionated, SD20 is a "peace and love" kinda guy. SD20 dont start no shxt, so there wont be no shxt. But SD20 dont take no shxt either. so stop blaming SD20. Humanity is kinda of sick. It is. and it aint SD20's fault. Looky a here, SD20 he lets me drive his car and wear his clothes from time to time and I can tell you that SD20 sees the sicknesses of humanity for what it is. and since humanity is kinda sick, SD20 understands that being President of the United States is a "dirty job," but somebody has got to do it. Barrack Obama dropped over 2500 drones and the low end estimates are that 2000 causalities both women and children and as many as 8000 on the high end. It takes a "psychopath" to do that kind of job, my friend. And SD20 gets it that Donald trump is not your kind of "psychopath." We allllllllll get it. you dont like him.

oh, and for the record, SD20 does NOT actually think humanity is sick. SD20 thinks that powerful bankers and the wealthy ruling class is indeed sick and they influence global politicians into "sick" wars and conflicts and sanctions. yeah SD20's eyes are wide open.

Sorry man but you're a total clown. You're literally arguing that Nazis and *everyone else* are the same. Think about what you're saying.

Beyond all that, I couldn't help but laugh that you're still going on about powerful bankers and wealthy elites. Do you have any idea who you voted for?

Read this:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence

During the 2016 campaign, Trump characterized the Republican Party’s big spenders as “highly sophisticated killers” whose donations allowed them to control politicians. When he declared his candidacy, he claimed that, because of his real-estate fortune, he did not need support from “rich donors,” and he denounced super pacs, their depositories of unlimited campaign contributions, as “corrupt.” Pence’s political career, though, has been sponsored at almost every turn by the donors whom Trump has assailed. Pence is the inside man of the conservative money machine.

On Election Night, the dissonance between Trump’s populist supporters and Pence’s billionaire sponsors was quietly evident. When Trump gave his acceptance speech, in the ballroom of the Hilton Hotel in midtown Manhattan, he vowed to serve “the forgotten men and women of our country,” and promised to “rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, and hospitals.” Upstairs, in a room reserved for Party élites, several of the richest and most conservative donors, all of whom support drastic reductions in government spending, were celebrating. Doug Deason, a Texas businessman and a political donor, recalled to me, “It was amazing. In the V.I.P. reception area, there was an even more V.I.P. room, and I counted at least eight or nine billionaires.”

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democrat from Rhode Island, who has accused the Kochs of buying undue influence, particularly on environmental policy—Koch Industries has a long history of pollution—is less enthusiastic about their alliance with Pence. “If Pence were to become President for any reason, the government would be run by the Koch brothers—period. He’s been their tool for years,” he said. Bannon is equally alarmed at the prospect of a Pence Presidency. He told me, “I’m concerned he’d be a President that the Kochs would own.”

Let me emphasize that for you again in case you missed it:

“If Pence were to become President for any reason, the government would be run by the Koch brothers—period. He’s been their tool for years,” he said. Bannon is equally alarmed at the prospect of a Pence Presidency. He told me, “I’m concerned he’d be a President that the Kochs would own.”

And for good measure:

Trump began to appoint an extraordinary number of officials with ties to the Kochs and to Pence, especially in positions that affected Koch Industries financially, such as those dealing with regulatory, environmental, and fiscal policy. Short, who a few months earlier had tried to enlist the Kochs to stop Trump, joined the White House as its director of legislative affairs. Scott Pruitt, the militantly anti-regulatory attorney general of Oklahoma, who had been heavily supported by the Kochs, was appointed director of the Environmental Protection Agency. Pruitt, in turn, placed Patrick Traylor, a lawyer for Koch Industries and other fossil-fuel companies, in charge of the E.P.A.’s enforcement of key anti-pollution laws. As the Times has reported, a document called “A Roadmap to Repeal,” written by Koch operatives, has guided the E.P.A.’s reversal of Obama Administration clean-air and climate regulations. Don McGahn, who had done legal work for Freedom Partners, became White House counsel. Betsy DeVos, a billionaire heiress, who had been a major member of the Kochs’ donor network and a supporter of Pence, was named Secretary of Education. The new director of the C.I.A. was Mike Pompeo, the congressman who represented Charles Koch’s district, in Wichita, Kansas; before Pompeo ran for office, the Kochs had invested in his aerospace business. Pompeo, the former transition-team member said, “wasn’t even on Trump’s radar, but he was brought in to meet him and got appointed, like, the next day.” A recent analysis by the Checks & Balances Project found that sixteen high-ranking officials in the Trump White House had ties to the Kochs. The pattern continued among lower-level political appointees, including in Pence’s office, which was stocked with Koch alumni. Pence reportedly consulted with Charles Koch before hiring his speechwriter, Stephen Ford, who previously worked at Freedom Partners.
Senator Whitehouse, the Rhode Island Democrat, believes that the Kochs “will stick one hundred of their own people into the government—and Trump will never notice.”

SD20, this is what you voted for.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1355 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:06 am

gtn130 wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:
gtn130 wrote:

Sorry man but you're a total clown. You're literally arguing that Nazis and *everyone else* are the same. Think about what you're saying.

Beyond all that, I couldn't help but laugh that you're still going on about powerful bankers and wealthy elites. Do you have any idea who you voted for?

Read this:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence

During the 2016 campaign, Trump characterized the Republican Party’s big spenders as “highly sophisticated killers” whose donations allowed them to control politicians. When he declared his candidacy, he claimed that, because of his real-estate fortune, he did not need support from “rich donors,” and he denounced super pacs, their depositories of unlimited campaign contributions, as “corrupt.” Pence’s political career, though, has been sponsored at almost every turn by the donors whom Trump has assailed. Pence is the inside man of the conservative money machine.

On Election Night, the dissonance between Trump’s populist supporters and Pence’s billionaire sponsors was quietly evident. When Trump gave his acceptance speech, in the ballroom of the Hilton Hotel in midtown Manhattan, he vowed to serve “the forgotten men and women of our country,” and promised to “rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, and hospitals.” Upstairs, in a room reserved for Party élites, several of the richest and most conservative donors, all of whom support drastic reductions in government spending, were celebrating. Doug Deason, a Texas businessman and a political donor, recalled to me, “It was amazing. In the V.I.P. reception area, there was an even more V.I.P. room, and I counted at least eight or nine billionaires.”

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democrat from Rhode Island, who has accused the Kochs of buying undue influence, particularly on environmental policy—Koch Industries has a long history of pollution—is less enthusiastic about their alliance with Pence. “If Pence were to become President for any reason, the government would be run by the Koch brothers—period. He’s been their tool for years,” he said. Bannon is equally alarmed at the prospect of a Pence Presidency. He told me, “I’m concerned he’d be a President that the Kochs would own.”

Let me emphasize that for you again in case you missed it:

“If Pence were to become President for any reason, the government would be run by the Koch brothers—period. He’s been their tool for years,” he said. Bannon is equally alarmed at the prospect of a Pence Presidency. He told me, “I’m concerned he’d be a President that the Kochs would own.”

And for good measure:

Trump began to appoint an extraordinary number of officials with ties to the Kochs and to Pence, especially in positions that affected Koch Industries financially, such as those dealing with regulatory, environmental, and fiscal policy. Short, who a few months earlier had tried to enlist the Kochs to stop Trump, joined the White House as its director of legislative affairs. Scott Pruitt, the militantly anti-regulatory attorney general of Oklahoma, who had been heavily supported by the Kochs, was appointed director of the Environmental Protection Agency. Pruitt, in turn, placed Patrick Traylor, a lawyer for Koch Industries and other fossil-fuel companies, in charge of the E.P.A.’s enforcement of key anti-pollution laws. As the Times has reported, a document called “A Roadmap to Repeal,” written by Koch operatives, has guided the E.P.A.’s reversal of Obama Administration clean-air and climate regulations. Don McGahn, who had done legal work for Freedom Partners, became White House counsel. Betsy DeVos, a billionaire heiress, who had been a major member of the Kochs’ donor network and a supporter of Pence, was named Secretary of Education. The new director of the C.I.A. was Mike Pompeo, the congressman who represented Charles Koch’s district, in Wichita, Kansas; before Pompeo ran for office, the Kochs had invested in his aerospace business. Pompeo, the former transition-team member said, “wasn’t even on Trump’s radar, but he was brought in to meet him and got appointed, like, the next day.” A recent analysis by the Checks & Balances Project found that sixteen high-ranking officials in the Trump White House had ties to the Kochs. The pattern continued among lower-level political appointees, including in Pence’s office, which was stocked with Koch alumni. Pence reportedly consulted with Charles Koch before hiring his speechwriter, Stephen Ford, who previously worked at Freedom Partners.
Senator Whitehouse, the Rhode Island Democrat, believes that the Kochs “will stick one hundred of their own people into the government—and Trump will never notice.”

SD20, this is what you voted for.

ma gawd bro!!! i didn't vote for trump! lol seriously. i didn't. but i do support the office of the president no matter who is in charge and my thoughts are independant. you libs are so far off your rockers that its forcing me to defend a guy who i normally wouldn't defend.

the trump hating has becomd counter prodctive think about that. and yes a mike presidency is even worse than a trump presidency for reasons you mention and so much more. think about that every time you witch hunt trump.
cammac
General Manager

Post#1356 » by cammac » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:43 am

SD20 if the polls by Fox are accurate and they are a outlier from other polls last week in Alabama Roy Moore is in a virtual tie with Doug Jones. This is one of the reddest States in the USA. This is a state that elected Trump by 25% and the candidate is what is red meat for the MAGAites. Hopefully the polls are correct and this is too much even for a State like Alabama to stomach.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1357 » by Pointgod » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:34 am

verbal8 wrote:This seems like something that could really weaken Trump among his base. While I think they will clearly tolerate all types of lies and newness directed at public figures, this is another level.
This is the widow of a respected veteran. While many would say there are many similarities with his attacks on McCann, some would give him a pass on attacking a politician there. There isn't that type of defense here.

Trump reused with the family of a deceased soldier and he was still elected! Just think about the type of piece of garbage it takes to do that. Think about the person you can't stand and despise, I bet you wouldn't roll up to their grandmother's funeral just to talk **** about them. What Trump did was even worse. Every Trump supporter, defender and enabler need to be constantly called out on their hypocrisy because they only care about troops so much that they can use them as political tools.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#1358 » by gtn130 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:27 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:ma gawd bro!!! i didn't vote for trump! lol seriously. i didn't. but i do support the office of the president no matter who is in charge and my thoughts are independant. you libs are so far off your rockers that its forcing me to defend a guy who i normally wouldn't defend.

the trump hating has becomd counter prodctive think about that. and yes a mike presidency is even worse than a trump presidency for reasons you mention and so much more. think about that every time you witch hunt trump.

Buddy, you're not fooling anyone. We've all read your posts. Here are some fun snippets from your early oeuvre on the perils of political corruption and regulatory capture:

stilldropin20 wrote:The bottom line for me is that our country is not for sale. You cant enter politics (public office) "poor" and leave enrich. To that note, you cant go off on book tours, and speech tours while you have an active member of congress or cabinet or higher and sell off access. The country is not for sale.

So in that regard, Trump was the right choice for me. The country made the better decision. What the clintons have done to financially reward themselves (however legal the loopholes and back roads channels) via holding public office is disgusting to me. its one of the few things that makes me absolutely sick to me stomach in regards to politics.

stilldropin20 wrote:say whatever you want about trump and much of it may be true and and i may agree with a lot of it. but he's not for sale. There is not reason for him to sell off the american people as he is already worth billions. The kind of money it would take to buy him is sooooo high (at least $200-300 million) that there is no way it could happen without a watchdog finding out. so it basically wont happen. Meanwhile the clinton's sold us out the uranium one deal (ultimately to Russia) for what looks like about 5-6 speaking (Bill Clinton )fees and foundation donations totaling 15-25 million per the (very liberal) NY Times piece from the 2015.

Trump may do things for his base. But at least his base is actually american. and his agenda is almost soley nationalistic. I can live with hiccups and bumps in the road and awkwardness of a non-politician that is at least making mistakes that are intended to benefit americans first. I bring up my personal feeling on this because I am not a trump supporter. at all. but i can at least get behind a politician that is attempting to put america first and not sell us off to foreign interests.

Even if you're a Mental Gymnastics Olympian and have somehow concluded, against all odds, that Trump is not exactly what you've been describing as "for sale", you're still looking at a GOP administration from Pence on down that is bought and paid for by Koch Industries and the NRA. The thing that caused you to disavow Hillary is the same thing that the Trump administration is doing, but to an extent that is greater by many orders of magnitude. Great job, buddy. Well done.

Anyway, we all know you don't actually care about this stuff. A proud Trump supporter who equates Nazis with *literally everyone* (because Nazis are't so bad, right?) is obviously just concern trolling across the board.
cammac
General Manager

Post#1359 » by cammac » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 pm

The next step in Trumps plan to cripple America is tax reform and I listened to parts of the Sanders and Cruz debate on CNN last night after the Wiz & 76ers game.
I think the major point that Bernie made is that people should look at what you get for your tax dollar not what you pay in taxes. I think that most would agree that the bare bones of the current tax reform benefits the top 5% of America. No minimum tax on the rich, no inheritance tax and a reduction in the top tax bracket. Yes the average American will get a minuscule tax break but all of these tax breaks will go directly against the deficit and off set with higher medical costs and reduction in vital services. The mantra of conservatives is the trickle down effect which is so much garbage the prime example is Kansas with Brownback who followed the conservative blueprint. The State had the lowest growth in the USA and Republicans had to team with Democrats to raise taxes to cover the few essential services left.
I have said before I don't back the extremes in Bernies policies but single payer is the way to go.

I haven't a problem with a reduction in Corporate tax rate but loop holes must be closed and nothing in the tax proposal indicates that.
"Boeing is the beneficiary of one of the biggest tax breaks ever seen in the country’s history, a deal it struck with the state of Washington after threatening to build its new plant outside the state. Meanwhile, its average federal tax rate over the last 10 years has been only 3.2%, and it paid only 23% – by its own calculation – last year.

Shortly after the deal with the state – which failed to insist on employment guarantees – was brokered, Boeing began to announce massive job cuts, arguing it needs to rely more on automation in order to compete with Airbus. More than 15% of its Washington workforce has been laid off since the big state tax deal was announced in 2013."
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/30/trump-proposed-corporate-tax-plan-trillions-debt-report

This is a good read.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#1360 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:01 pm

duplicate

Return to Washington Wizards