ImageImageImageImageImage

Political Roundtable Part XVI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,017

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVI 

Post#1481 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 am

stilldropin20 wrote:Maybe this is ultimatley why you guys have such a negative view on trump? Maybe?

I know why I have a negative view... the first major piece of legislation he pushed through sucks. The tax bill doesn't address fairness, simplicity or growth. And as for growth, he is limiting immigration which is having the unintended consequence of forcing US companies to off-shore much development.

And as for a moral leader - he isn't.

But that is just my opinion, pretty sure the Media would think I am going soft on him.
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#1482 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:43 am

Read on Twitter
like i said, its a full rebuild.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1483 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 am

dckingsfan wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:Maybe this is ultimatley why you guys have such a negative view on trump? Maybe?

I know why I have a negative view... the first major piece of legislation he pushed through sucks. The tax bill doesn't address fairness, simplicity or growth. And as for growth, he is limiting immigration which is having the unintended consequence of forcing US companies to off-shore much development.

But that is just my opinion, pretty sure the Media would think I am going soft on him.

ok. so trump gets no credit for positive economy of 2017? surely you jest!???
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#1484 » by cammac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:26 am

dckingsfan wrote:"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/special-elections-so-far-point-to-a-democratic-wave-in-2018/

Yes read the article and agree this is also some evidence that the blue wave is coming.

Sixty percent of respondents to this month’s Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll say the United States has gotten off on the wrong track, and 60 percent likewise disapprove of the job Trump, a Republican, is doing as president.

And what’s so remarkable about the margin shifts over 2016 is just how consistent they are.

A 32-point shift for Democrats in Davenport’s Senate District 45.

A 34-point shift for Democrats in Davenport’s House District 89.

A 31-point shift for Democrats in the Fairfield-based House District 82.

A 31-point shift for Democrats in Northwest Iowa’s Senate District 3.

Now we have a clear trend. (There was a fifth special election in Southwest Iowa, but a paperwork snafu kept the Democrat off the ballot – he still got 20% with write-ins.)

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/12/13/1724134/-It-was-not-just-AL-it-was-also-Iowa

Message to SD20 try some factual numbers and you might get a modicum of respect rather than the avalanche of Spam! :spammer:
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1485 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:21 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1486 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:43 am

yes!!!!!!! its working. China growth slowing down. at the expense of booming US economy? methinks so. Money coming out of china getting repatiated! #MAGA trump for the win! #youdontmesswitdatrumpster

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1487 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:57 am

stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1488 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:35 am

stilldropin20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:o :o :o :o :o I love omarosa!!! sad to see her go...but this? what is wrong with CNN???
Read on Twitter
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#1489 » by Pointgod » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 am

Omarosa is trash and deserves to be mocked and laughed at.

And pointing to the economy under Trump is really just giving credit to Obama. This economy would have been performing close to the same whether Obama stayed in office, Hillary Clinton was President or those turkeys that Trumped pardoned were running the administration. Why? Because Trump hasn't achieved a single piece of legislation that would affect the economy. The tax plan will be the first major piece of legislation and even then we won't know the effects for 6 to 12 months after it's been implemented. Let me ask you SD20, was Obama responsible for the state of the economy right after he took office? How about this same time in 2009?
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1490 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 am

Pointgod wrote:Omarosa is trash and deserves to be mocked and laughed at.

And pointing to the economy under Trump is really just giving credit to Obama. This economy would have been performing close to the same whether Obama stayed in office, Hillary Clinton was President or those turkeys that Trumped pardoned were running the administration. Why? Because Trump hasn't achieved a single piece of legislation that would affect the economy. The tax plan will be the first major piece of legislation and even then we won't know the effects for 6 to 12 months after it's been implemented. Let me ask you SD20, was Obama responsible for the state of the economy right after he took office? How about this same time in 2009?

what!! Omarosa!!?? she's awesome!

stock market was already hovering around 14,000 for nearly all of 2007.

As for Obama, i wont call him trash. I think he is a pretty cool guy actually. and really smart. just not a good president.

Look, Obama took over at its lowest point with nowhere to go but up.
It took 5 years for Obama to get the Stock market back up to where it already was!!!!!!!Obama got it back to 14,000 in 2013. and it crept up from 14,000 to 18,000 until the day trump got elected. You think that was good!!!!???

meanwhile, trump brought it from 18,0000-25,000 literally over breakfast, man!!!! The growth and jobs and credit now available is due to optimism man!!! optimism!!!!! heard of it!!!????? People that make money on "gambling" on the stock market are way out ahead!!! They didn't think trump could win. no one did. but he did win. and then money poured back in the market beginning on November 8th!!! in anticipation of him implementing his campaign pledges.

Trump specifically campaigned on tax reductions to corporations to 15% for 18 straight months!!!! The market responded on the day trump was elected. and began to shoot up. Money began to pour back into the economy. and trump slashed regulations and taxes to bring jobs back. Jobs are back by the way!!! including manufacturing!! Jobs Obama said were long gone to china.

Bottom line, Obama was a novice, man. Part of being a good coach(president) are X's and O's and then motivation (buy in). Trump is Popovich or Kerr. where Obama Scott Brooks. :nod: :nod: :nod: some of the best players on the planet but bad x's and o'x and lack of complete buy in.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#1491 » by Pointgod » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 am

stilldropin20 wrote:

stock market was hovering around 14,000 for nearly all of 2007.

Obama took over at its lowest point with nowhere to go but up.
Obama got it back to 14,000 in 2013. and it crept up from 14,000 to 18,000 until the day trump got elected.

Trump specifically campaigned on tax reductions to corporations to 15% for 18 straight months!!!! The market responded on the day trump was elected. and began to shoot up. Money began to pour back into the economy. and trump slashed regulations and taxes to bring jobs back. Jobs are back by the way!!! including manufacturing!! Jobs Obama said were long gone to china.

Obama was a frickin novice, man. Part of being a good coach(president) is X's and O's. and then motivation (buy in). Trump is Popvich or Kerr. Obama Scott Brooks. :nod: :nod: :nod:

The stock market does not necessarily correlate to the economy. Guess what the stock market was at record highs under Obama and corporate profits are at record levels BEFORE Trump was even elected. So again you’re giving credit to Obama. Not bad for a novice huh....
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1492 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 am

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1493 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:28 am

any of you guys know anything about this slush fund? and in this th esame hush money slush fund paying off harrassment victims?
Read on Twitter
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#1494 » by closg00 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Stone, the ultimate troll and hustler
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1495 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:

ok. so trump gets no credit for positive economy of 2017? surely you jest!???

None. He hasn't done anything meaningful yet.

The irrational exuberance of the stock market - possibly.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1496 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't give too much credit to Obama either. It is rarely the POTUS that defines the economy (well, they can do it in a negative way - see Carter).
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1497 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:23 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:yes!!!!!!! its working. China growth slowing down. at the expense of booming US economy? methinks so. Money coming out of china getting repatiated! #MAGA trump for the win! #youdontmesswitdatrumpster

Ummm - this has been happening for quite some time...

DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#1498 » by DCZards » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:28 pm

dckingsfan wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't give too much credit to Obama either.

So who and what gets the credit for the significant improvements in the stock market, unemployment and other economic factors under Obama? We certainly know that Obama would have gotten the blame if the economy had continued to tank under his watch.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1499 » by Wizardspride » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Omarosa....

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#1500 » by cammac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:37 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:yes!!!!!!! its working. China growth slowing down. at the expense of booming US economy? methinks so. Money coming out of china getting repatiated! #MAGA trump for the win! #youdontmesswitdatrumpster

Ummm - this has been happening for quite some time...

I lived in China for 10 years up to a little over 2 years ago. China is slowing since it crossed the path from a rural economy to a industrialized economy. Also China is no longer a low cost country many of the products that China made are now made in other countries such as Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Philippines, Bangladesh & Indonesia. China is becoming much more dependent on internal consumption.

Many myths about the Chinese economy which has overcapacity in almost every sector and likely has as big a problem with national debt as the USA does. My wife has only one asset remaining in China and we have put that on the market and all my financial ties were eliminated earlier in December with the final payment for my business.

Frankly I wouldn't invest in China again but that doesn't mean that there aren't good business opportunities in south east asia and africa.

Return to Washington Wizards