Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVI 

Post#1461 » by stilldropin20 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:07 pm

DCZards wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:
Its trump and solely trump alone that has brought back manufacturing jobs, jobs in general, multiple new factories, re-investment in old factories, controlled immigration, which have all combined to approaching historic lows in unemployment and has wages rising sharply. In short, women and minorities are thriving under trump in a way that they never have thrived under any other president. women and minorities are kicking azz and taking names right now. kicking effing azz!!

Look, it's real simple. Let trump be trump and everyone benefits. Everyone.

Total agreement. Women and minorities are indeed the ones responsible for kicking Moore's and Trump's azzes last night in Alabama.

Yes, let Trump be Trump and everyone will benefit because Repubs will get their azzes kicked in 2018 and Trump will get his kicked in 2020.

ok. fair enough. so long as you let trump be trump. and let him renegotiate trade deals for the betterment of the american people, do tax reform, and then entitlement reform, and continue be tough on crime and tough on illegal immigration. Basically as long as the he can continue to get the economy back into shape im good.

I was looking forward to an 8 year bull economy but im ok with 2-3 years and then letting dems destroy things again..
like i said, its a full rebuild.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1462 » by Ruzious » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:38 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:
DCZards wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Trump full throatedly supported Moore and so did Steve Bannon. I think 48% of voters in Alabama disapproved of Trump. In Alabama! That says something about the mood in Alabama.

What SD20 refuses to understand/accept is that the vote in Alabama, as well as that in Virginia, was a referendum on both the Republicans on the ballot and the hugely unpopular man in the White House. #45's unpopularity will continue to drive people, especially women and minorities, to the polls.

Its trump and solely trump alone that has brought back manufacturing jobs, jobs in general, multiple new factories, re-investment in old factories, controlled immigration, which have all combined to approaching historic lows in unemployment and has wages rising sharply. In short, women and minorities are thriving under trump in a way that they never have thrived under any other president. women and minorities are kicking azz and taking names right now. kicking effing azz!!

The whole thing will unravel if trump is impeached. I guarantee we will end up staring down the barrel of the stock market dipping below 20K and unemployment going back up around and perhaps over 5%. Women wont suffer cuz they dont have the labor jobs. Laborers will suffer though, so minorities will suffer as will poor white people.

I dont understand this thing where everyone wants to pretend that the president has to be a moral compass While at the same time the president is charged with mercilessly killing anyone and any country that even threatens out democracy. its a dirty job folks. Let trump be trump. the economy is(WAS!!) thriving with trump being trump. You cut off his balls and you wont like the results in your 401K, property values, or the jobs market.

How're you going to sell the snake oil salesman to your minorities and poor white folk (you know - the people you called idiots) when he starts cutting Medicaid, Medicare, Welfair, and Social Security in January - while insisting on PAYING for a wall? Who in the f is the everyone that benefits?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1463 » by stilldropin20 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Ruzious wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:
DCZards wrote:
What SD20 refuses to understand/accept is that the vote in Alabama, as well as that in Virginia, was a referendum on both the Republicans on the ballot and the hugely unpopular man in the White House. #45's unpopularity will continue to drive people, especially women and minorities, to the polls.

The whole thing will unravel if trump is impeached. I guarantee we will end up staring down the barrel of the stock market dipping below 20K and unemployment going back up around and perhaps over 5%. Women wont suffer cuz they dont have the labor jobs. Laborers will suffer though, so minorities will suffer as will poor white people.

I dont understand this thing where everyone wants to pretend that the president has to be a moral compass While at the same time the president is charged with mercilessly killing anyone and any country that even threatens out democracy. its a dirty job folks. Let trump be trump. the economy is(WAS!!) thriving with trump being trump. You cut off his balls and you wont like the results in your 401K, property values, or the jobs market.

How're you going to sell the snake oil salesman to your minorities and poor white folk (you know - the people you called idiots) when he starts cutting Medicaid, Medicare, Welfair, and Social Security in January - while insisting on PAYING for a wall? Who in the f is the everyone that benefits?

its simple. unemployment drops. people go back to work. therefore no need for high unemployment payouts and medicaid payouts. people get back to work again so they can pay their own bills.

and work the crap out of em!!! make em tired!! crime goes down. and consumption goes up!! which puts more people back to work and more taxes on big and small business as they make more money.

The more people work, the more income taxes they pay. and the less they need entitlements. (which would allow further tax cuts in the near future!) possibly even a budget surplus!! pay down the debt. Which will decrease the interest burden!!!

Do you even know that 1 out of ever 2 tax dollars goes to paying the interest on the debt!!! If we did not have a National debt, would could cut taxes in half right now!!!!! Would that help ya!!???

you get able body americans back to work and that leaves you with dealing with the elderly who receive all the SS and medicare benefites. I feel that we are (been)at a paradigm shift in terms of retirement age. For example, I'm 46 and i dont ever plan to ever retire. Never!! My biological father worked up until the weekend he died and he collected over 5K per month in pension and SS. So he didn't have to work. he chose to. He was bored at home. At 74 years old, he preferred to drive for uber!! He even bought a brand new electric car to do the driving. And he drove 12 hours per day 6 days per week!! I dont know how he did it but he did it. So he earned an additional 200-300 per day. on top of his $5K per month. Now he clew it all gambling. But still. He earned over $10K per month. He started working at 5 years old, shining shoes. went full time in the steel mills at 17.

Why cant more human beings simply work more? and work longer hours if necessary? Between my 5 corporations and my real estate holdings, I work at least 30 hours per week. Most of it just decision making at this point. but there have been times a few short years ago where I work 18 hour days, 7 days per week for 2-3 months straight when I have a real estate development going. and frankly, its kind of more fun when I'm busier so long as I'm also making good money! you get a 'runners" high when you work extra hard to complete tasks. More human beings need to learn to tap into their higher potential for themselves.

So as elderly people in the poor and middle class are living extremely longer than they did 100 years ago, even 50 years ago, we need to work longer. Also healthier and happier people work longer or have "something to do" in their later stages.

So you put the elderly to work as well!!! Why not!!???? less laborious jobs, of course. But someone still needs to answer phones, and do reception type work. Greet patients/customers. And the elderly people I know actually prefer to work, albeit light duty. Thing is, businesses wont hire them as often. So you incentivise businesses to hire the elderly!!!!!!! My mom, right now, wants a job. She is miserable at home with nothing to do. 73 years old and she is basically unemployable due to her poor personal decisions in life. I would hire her if I could but she would make everyone miserable including me. So instead I'm stuck paying her bills that SS doesn't pay. and her medicaid is awful so i had to put her on my group insurance. But if their was a job out there, that she could do, she would do it! And be happy to do it. and would not give them the hard time she gives me.

And thats's your answer!!!! Thats' your "snake oil" !!!! And its clearly not snake oil. Its as legit as the sun and the moon and the water in the oceans.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1464 » by Ruzious » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 pm

SD, I'm trying not to call you a __ _____, I really am, but you are. What in the f do you think dramatically cutting the corporate tax rate - along with cutting other tax rates - is going to do to the debt that you pretend to care about? Don't say anything other than dramatcally increase it, because anything else is a f'n lie, and you have to be a clown to not know that. Are you a clown? Prove it by answering.

And Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security... these aren't just for the poor and unemployed. Without them, there will be a lot more poor and unemployed. How do you not understand that? Here again, I'm resisting the urge, but it's hard. You know what I think of you right now, right? Look in the mirror and call yourself that for me. Thanks bunches in advance.

Btw, what do you think the elderly are doing? My Mom just turned 85 - she still substitute teaches in public schools and still collects SS because we haven't had imbeciles like Trump in office.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1465 » by verbal8 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Pointgod wrote:Hahahahhaha this is glorious. Suck it Trump, suck it Bannon and suck it Roy Moore! I wonder who Trump is going to throw under the bus first, Moore,the people of Alabama or the Republican Party?

A couple of things here:
1. For all of those idiots bemoaning identity politics, this is proof that if Democrats give black voters a reason to vote for them they will show up and support. Don’t take them for granted and follow through on your promises.

2. Hopefully people will realize Steve Bannon is trash and that he’s no political mastermind. He’s a clown that lives in a bubble and doesn’t understand that the majority of the country doesn’t support his nihilistic sociopathic views.

3. Democrats need to build a 50 State Strategy. Don’t ignore grassroots efforts and building from the ground up. Just imagine if the Democratic machine was well organized and well funded from before the election? This one would have been a blow out.

Also Democrats don’t have to compromise their values to win in red states. Imagine a pro choice Democrat winning in Alabama!

The grassroots/turnout effort was very impressive. The minority turnout is one aspect of it. Another big indicator is voters were 50/50 on Trump approval in a state he won by 20+%. Sure there have been some defectors, but I think it was mainly generating enthusiasm and turn out from Democrats and Independents.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1466 » by stilldropin20 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 pm

cammac wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:
DCZards wrote:

Sure Trump is saving jobs.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-29/remember-when-trump-said-he-saved-1-100-jobs-at-a-carrier-plant
Give me real examples

did you even figure out how the impeachment process works yet? I figured that egg on your face would have tempered your enthusiasm for at least a day? No shame, huh? That's ok.

So you are seriously taking the position that trump is not creating jobs? With 2 million new jobs created in 2017? and 40,000 in manufacturing? and unemployment about to hit 3.9% (projected)!! Seriously? Come on, surely you jest.

and you should post word for word how the impeachment process works to demonstrate your knowledge on it or refrain from all talks about politics as at least one should know that much!?? fair enough request? as if the house can do it by themselves! pfff!
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#1467 » by cammac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 am

stilldropin20 wrote:
cammac wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:

Sure Trump is saving jobs.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-29/remember-when-trump-said-he-saved-1-100-jobs-at-a-carrier-plant
Give me real examples

did you even figure out how the impeachment process works yet? I figured that egg on your face would have tempered your enthusiasm for at least a day? No shame, huh? That's ok.

So you are seriously taking the position that trump is not creating jobs? With 2 million new jobs created in 2017? and 40,000 in manufacturing? and unemployment about to hit 3.9% (projected)!! Seriously? Come on, surely you jest.

and you should post word for word how the impeachment process works to demonstrate your knowledge on it or refrain from all talks about politics as at least one should know that much!?? fair enough request? as if the house can do it by themselves! pfff!

GEE I really have but obviously you haven't
#1 The majority in the house needs 50% + 1 Vote
#2 The Senate requires a super majority of 67 votes
The math says it is possible to get after 2018 for the Democrats to has the majority in the house but it is impossible for the Democrats to get a super majority in the Senate. Currently the Democrats have 40 Senators with only 8 Republican Senators running if the impossible happened and the Democrats won every Senate race and took every Republican one they would have 57 Senators but realistically Utah, Nebraska and Wyoming are 100% untouchable and Mississippi,Texas and Tennessee extremely tough but not totally impossible. Where are the rest of the votes coming from?

The Democrats like Trump as President until 2020 he is the perfect President for a landslide in 2020 and he is something they can torment for the next 3 years. It will be fun watching him foaming at the mouth like the rabid dog that he is. He can slowly watch his associates and relatives slowly going away in orange jump suits. Knowing after he is no longer President he has the same fate.

The economy has almost zero to do with Donald Trump he inherited a strong economy from Obama. The stock market grew significantly during the Obama years after crashing under Bush now the protection of the economy are being withdrawn again and banks and corporations will run wild. The reality is with that and his trade policies the chances of a significant decline or crash is a higher percentile than economic gain.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#1468 » by closg00 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:15 am

cammac wrote:TRUMP is cratering and so is the Republican Party
https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_US_121317/

Monmouth is one of the few A list polling providers

People are pissed and they are watching this big tax gift to the wealthy, they aren't fooled.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1469 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:18 am

Ruzious wrote:SD, I'm trying not to call you a __ _____, I really am, but you are. What in the f do you think dramatically cutting the corporate tax rate - along with cutting other tax rates - is going to do to the debt that you pretend to care about? Don't say anything other than dramatcally increase it, because anything else is a f'n lie, and you have to be a clown to not know that. Are you a clown? Prove it by answering.

And Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security... these aren't just for the poor and unemployed. Without them, there will be a lot more poor and unemployed. How do you not understand that? Here again, I'm resisting the urge, but it's hard. You know what I think of you right now, right? Look in the mirror and call yourself that for me. Thanks bunches in advance.

Btw, what do you think the elderly are doing? My Mom just turned 85 - she still substitute teaches in public schools and still collects SS because we haven't had imbeciles like Trump in office.

ehhhh.....tyin' to figure out your question.......exactly.....i think you are asking me if cutting taxes will increase the deficit?

In theory, yes. If the GDP is stangant and we remain in the 8 year Obama recession. Yes. You are right. In your vaccuum of little to no growth or even a recession.

However, if growth (GDP) is significant enough that new business is created. You would then create new tax dollars. and Offshore overseas money is repatriated(trillions of it!!!!!) then those taxes even at lower rates creates a ton more revenue.

Remember 21% of something is better than 35% of nothing!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Trump is betting on himself to get the economy going. and keep it going. So far he's winning. if you havent noticed? oh that's right, CNN wont cover it. GDP is at 3.3%!! 3.9% expected next quarter and perhaps as much as 4-4.1%. Unemployement is at 4.1% 3.9% expected next quarter.

Its working, Dat. Its effin working right now!!!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

We have yet to see the repatriation of those trillions of the offshore wealth. Offshore, huge corporations pay 10-20%. For example, right now, Apple has over 300 billion offshore!!!!!!!!!!!! 3. hundred. effing. billion.!!!!! they pay 10% in ireland. Economic Experts believe corporations like Apple will bring that money back here even at 20-21%. and trump is the guy to call them out if they dont. But at 35-40%??? he cant blame them, yet.

You do understand this position, right? I mean fully? and we can argue how to implement it to best make it work. But this is the plan. The plan is not to just take money away from the poor. at all. the plan is to create even more tax dollars.

So we might not lose a single penny for entitlements. not. a. single. penny. Its a boom vs. bust mentality.

So imo, all these idiot democrats and liberal media are doing is nothing more than attempting to derail the boom. which will bring us back to the bust economy. where we do nothing but borrow into oblivion and end up needing even more money for entitlements as more people lose their jobs.

all for what!!!!!???/So democrats can remain in power!!!!????? why????????? For what??? more entitlements!!!????????

stop the effin insanity!! folks!!! get off your azzes and instead be happy to go to work!!! Its ok to work!!!! you dont need big daddy government's nipple to swuck on!!!!!!!!!you will actually be happier when you work!! mentally and physically healthier!! have more self respect!!!!!!! stick around with the family more!!!! have a healthier relationship with you wife or husband, even your baby n daddy momma will appreciate you more, might even get some side tail from time to time with a few more bucks in your pocket that you actually earned, and do a better job as a parent!!!!!!!You dong might even grow an inch. Mine grew at least 2 when i made my first million. all of which will benefit the kids!!!!
so they do NOT grow up on and get too accustomed to big daddy government's nipple and around parents "beaten down" by the "system." Beat the system!!! Engage in society!! have a personal plan for wealth. its not that hard.

Ya know...there is an entirely different paradigm out there. a different way of life. where you make your own damn money. and have enough of it to share with family and friends to help them, the last thing you will want is big daddy government taking out large portions of your check only to inefficiently spend it on go nowhere, non-needle moving entitlements which are not healthy. I grew up with parents that waited for their check each month. They were miserable, they made everyone around them miserable. they never "got out" of it. But all their children. All of us!! BY not doing it the way they did it. 50 effin years later, my mom still waits for that check each month. And is miserable. all because she was never made (or forced) to engage with society in a healthy manner. Always angry, always pissed off, always thinking everything should just be given to her and that life was fair. Well, me and all my brothers and sisters figured out real quick that life aint fair. and did nearly everything different than they did. Starting with engaging in society in a polite fashion and willing to work hard to "earn our keep" along the way.

just my two cents. 8-) 8-) 8-)
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1470 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am

cammac wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:

GEE I really have but obviously you haven't
#1 The majority in the house needs 50% + 1 Vote
#2 The Senate requires a super majority of 67 votes
The math says it is possible to get after 2018 for the Democrats to has the majority in the house but it is impossible for the Democrats to get a super majority in the Senate. Currently the Democrats have 40 Senators with only 8 Republican Senators running if the impossible happened and the Democrats won every Senate race and took every Republican one they would have 57 Senators but realistically Utah, Nebraska and Wyoming are 100% untouchable and Mississippi,Texas and Tennessee extremely tough but not totally impossible. Where are the rest of the votes coming from?

The Democrats like Trump as President until 2020 he is the perfect President for a landslide in 2020 and he is something they can torment for the next 3 years. It will be fun watching him foaming at the mouth like the rabid dog that he is. He can slowly watch his associates and relatives slowly going away in orange jump suits. Knowing after he is no longer President he has the same fate.

The economy has almost zero to do with Donald Trump he inherited a strong economy from Obama. The stock market grew significantly during the Obama years after crashing under Bush now the protection of the economy are being withdrawn again and banks and corporations will run wild. The reality is with that and his trade policies the chances of a significant decline or crash is a higher percentile than economic gain.

so the house doesn't do it by themselves, huh? they need a simple majority, huh? or 218 votes huh? and they have 193 right now huh? and would need 25 more, huh? and some of these R's already vote against trump right? and some of these reps represent as few as few as 3000 people in th emiddle of nowhere, huh? might be easy to buy those votes, huh?

However getting an guilty verdict in the senate is quite harder, huh? where they need 67, huh? where they already have 49, huh? so this is the likely most difficult hurdle, huh? But even this hurdle isnt that high, huh? and as i said, mccain, corker, flake, graham, and a few other R's could not be happier to impeach trump. heck mcconnell will even vote him out.

all of which wont happen. instead trump would be told they have the votes. at which time trump would resign before the senate could vote. and pence would take the helm until 2020 so no special election would take place.

so glad we could put this behind us. cuz i went back and checked. you actually brought it up 5 times. with a full throat, that the house impeaches the president, not the senate. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: And i purposely let you slide on the first 3. Only when you started to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: did i correct you. because I could no longer stand the sight of some poor old guy in canada confusing himself so much that he was banging his head on his lap top over and over. I like Canada! and canadians have always been nice to me and me to them. :nod: :nod: and in that spirit i consider this a firm, but nice schooling on how impeachment works. remember. google is always your friend. Doing my best mick jagger.."its just a click away...its just a click away!!! a click a way a click away!!!"
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1471 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 am

whats going on with this?
Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1472 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:07 am

hmmm, cant say i disagree.

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1473 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:21 am

uh oh?
Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1474 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 am

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1475 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 am

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1476 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:34 am

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1477 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 am

Maybe this is ultimatley why you guys have such a negative view on trump? Maybe?
Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1478 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:58 am

uh oh? somebody is awake.
Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1479 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:04 am

Read on Twitter
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,002

Post#1480 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 am

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/special-elections-so-far-point-to-a-democratic-wave-in-2018/

Return to Washington Wizards