ImageImageImageImageImage

Scott Brooks is bad

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 158

Re: Scott Brooks is bad 

Post#141 » by Wiz99 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Neal25 wrote:Scott Brooks is a good coach for 2/3 years because he develop young players really well. After that, Washington should look for another coach to up to the next level because Brooks is not a coach for contender as he proved in Oklahoma.

Complete agreement
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#142 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Wiz99 wrote:
Neal25 wrote:Scott Brooks is a good coach for 2/3 years because he develop young players really well. After that, Washington should look for another coach to up to the next level because Brooks is not a coach for contender as he proved in Oklahoma.

Complete agreement

After that, why do you think the Wiz will be a contender? And who do you have in mind to replace him?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#143 » by Wiz99 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 am

Ruzious wrote:
Wiz99 wrote:

Complete agreement

After that, why do you think the Wiz will be a contender? And who do you have in mind to replace him?

Honestly, I don't know we will be a contender in 2-3 years. After Wall's contract kicks in, we'll have $100M locked up by just 5 guys, one of whom is named Ian. Just rounding out a roster with 3rd rate talents like Mike Scott and Jodie Meeks will bring us up above $120M, back in the top 5 for team salaries but with an even **** bench.

I'm slowly getting behind the idea of trading Wall if we can get decent value. To Nate's question a couple days ago about trading Wall, Gortat and Mahinmi for Conley and Gasol, I say "Hell, yes."

We'd have a 2 year window with a great lineup full of 2 gritty vets who know how to win (only 2 other teams have been to the playoffs more consecutive seasons than Memphis), a dominant big man (only 5 other players are averaging Gasol's 19&9 or better), along with our trio of under 25 stars in the making (Beal, Otto, KO). We'd get significant cap relief after 2020.

I just don't think Wall has the mindset to be consistently great and to demand it of his teammates.

As far as your Q re coaches, would be thrilled if either Eric Spoelstra or Quinn Snyder ever wanted a change of scenery.
trast66
Rookie
And1: 611

Post#144 » by trast66 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:43 am

At this point in Philly game he's either a genius or insane.
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#145 » by Wiz99 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:57 am

trast66 wrote:At this point in Philly game he's either a genius or insane.

Leaving the bench in during crunch time is calling out the starters.

I think that's the genius move tonight.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#146 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 am

Wiz99 wrote:

I like that he left the bench in and took a swing at trying to use McCullough who somehow had the highest +/-
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,223

Post#147 » by NatP4 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:19 am

closg00 wrote:
Wiz99 wrote:

I like that he left the bench in and took a swing at trying to use McCullough who somehow had the highest +/-

Bad coaching in terms of trying to win the game. They could've actually won that game with Otto out there instead of McCullough, but I understand sending that message, no issue for me.

Morris and Gortat have to be better.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#148 » by gtn130 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:17 pm

The math doesn't support hack-a-Simmons, so lol Scott Brooks as usual
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#149 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:44 pm

NatP4 wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Wiz99 wrote:

Bad coaching in terms of trying to win the game. They could've actually won that game with Otto out there instead of McCullough, but I understand sending that message, no issue for me.

Morris and Gortat have to be better.

Brooks probably just forgot, too wrapped-up in the game
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#150 » by Wiz99 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:59 pm

Am listening to an extended interview with Steve Kerr and he’s asked “Win or lose, what 3 stats do you look at first in the box score after the game?”

His answer, which I’m figuring is worth something as a top tier coache: “Opponent FG%, our turnovers, our assists, because if we defend, run our offense, and take care of the ball, we win most nights.”

Got me thinking, how are the Wiz on these 3, and could you use it as a proxy for Brooks’ quality as a coach?

We’re 8th in Opponent FG%, 8th in TOs, 16th in assisted FG%.

By that measure, Brooks has this team playing average to good, but not great. That feels right vs the eye test.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#151 » by NatP4 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 am

obligatory bump
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#152 » by Shanghai Kid » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:35 am

I wonder if Brooks is open to idea of bringing Morris off the bench. I think the idea was that it might make Morris pout, but it could also be used to motivate him.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,034

Post#153 » by queridiculo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Shanghai Kid wrote:I wonder if Brooks is open to idea of bringing Morris off the bench. I think the idea was that it might make Morris pout, but it could also be used to motivate him.

Brooks had the opportunity to do just that when Morris was cleared but he opted to let him play himself into shape instead.

If he was concerned enough about Morris's volatile state of mind then I'm not sure he's going to have the guts to bench him now.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#154 » by tontoz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Wall's return should signal an end to the Beal as PG nonsense. I can't believe Brooks is still not getting the memo. :nonono:
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#155 » by LyricalRico » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm

tontoz wrote:Wall's return should signal an end to the Beal as PG nonsense. I can't believe Brooks is still not getting the memo. :nonono:

Well, it worked so well when Wittman would do it in crunch time...oh wait. :nonono: I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#156 » by NatP4 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Shanghai Kid wrote:I wonder if Brooks is open to idea of bringing Morris off the bench. I think the idea was that it might make Morris pout, but it could also be used to motivate him.

well it shouldn't even be a debate. Wall-Beal-Oubre-Porter-Gortat is +22.5 net this year just like last year when people said it was a small sample size LOL. For development reasons, Oubre should be playing over Morris anyways.

but if you bring him off the bench, Mike Scott doesn't play, he has been way better than Morris also, that would be infuriating.

Morris has to go, the new NBA is small ball not two bigs. The nets torched us last night with RHJ and Carrol on the wings, making brooks look like a damn idiot, just like Brad Stevens did playing Crowder and Gerald Green at the 4 in the playoffs.

Brooks is notorious for this **** also, never unleashing PF Kevin Durant in his OKC time was a damn joke. Look at him in GS now, protecting the rim and blocking shots.

one of Brooks/Morris needs to go, and just wait, Sato will be back to DNPs tonight and going forward. The guy is just an idiot .
NatP4
RealGM

Post#157 » by NatP4 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 pm

think of how many annoying things brooks does between Jennings/Wall combo, never playing Satoransky, starting Morris over Oubre, the no PG lineup with Beal.

these are simple things, they make no sense whatsoever. Like last night, Mahinmi is out so Jason Smith is our 6th man first sub off the bench over the other 4??? I get that he played well, but what was the reasoning for that? you would think he would be the 10th man, but instead its Sato. wtf
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#158 » by Ruzious » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 pm

I blame Brooks for Beal and Otto missing so many open shots. Whata clown coach. Am i right? Got his brain up his hooha.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#159 » by Kanyewest » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:I blame Brooks for Beal and Otto missing so many open shots. Whata clown coach. Am i right? Got his brain up his hooha.

Otto/Beal/Oubre/Smith/Meeks/Scott were 1 of 18 from 3 point range.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#160 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Maybe the title should be Scott Brooks is not quite as bad as we thought???

Is it too early?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards