Freshman
And1: 51

How will the Wizards fare without Wall? 

Post#1 » by Coach76 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Read on Twitter
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Re: How will the Wizards fare without Wall? 

Post#2 » by gravytrain24 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:27 am

Coach76 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unfortunately no, i think they go 1-5, 2-4 if John's out two weeks.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#3 » by verbal8 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:10 am

It didn't look good against the Blazers.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#4 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:01 am

verbal8 wrote:It didn't look good against the Blazers.

Looked good for 44 minutes

The Wiz are gonna keep getting double digit leads even without Wall. This isn't 2012-13 when they went 5-28 without him.

Oh and John's probably out more than 2 weeks. Nice to see him on the bench in uniform though.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#5 » by TheBabyMaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:39 am

They looked great against the Blazers just not in the last 7 mins of the 4th quarter. Hey with Wall they looked bad in the 4th in some games this year when they had big leads, who you going to blame?? They're just a un clutch team with a bad coach adjusting in crunch time. Beal SMH
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,760

Post#6 » by CobraCommander » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:10 pm

TheBabyMaker wrote:

They looked great against the Blazers just not in the last 7 mins of the 4th quarter. Hey with Wall they looked bad in the 4th in some games this year when they had big leads, who you going to blame?? They're just a un clutch team with a bad coach adjusting in crunch time. Beal SMH

Agreed...but they are much much worse without Wall. You cant have your best player out and be better for an extended period of time....one game yes...3 weeks?? Naw
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#7 » by FAH1223 » Sun Dec 3, 2017 9:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,035

Post#8 » by queridiculo » Mon Dec 4, 2017 4:46 pm

Never a good sign when the Wizards are pleased, they handle success about as well as Kenny Powers.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#9 » by payitforward » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:07 am

CobraCommander wrote:
TheBabyMaker wrote:

Agreed...but they are much much worse without Wall. You cant have your best player out and be better for an extended period of time....one game yes...3 weeks?? Naw

I can see only one possibility of success -- & that is to give Chris McCullough big minutes.

I mean... isn't it obvious? They've clearly given up on the guy. & b/c the Wizards are never right in player evaluation, he will dominate. He just needs the minutes! 30 minutes a game!!

Free Chris McCullough!!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#10 » by payitforward » Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:10 am

To add to the above -- if I may put it this way -- Chris McCullough is a sponge that is ready to be rehydrated.

If you need more proof, consider this. As most of you know, Scott Brooks is a terrible NBA coach, right?

Well, you see that he isn't playing McCullough, right?

Come on now... what does that tell you?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,760

Post#11 » by CobraCommander » Tue Dec 5, 2017 2:55 am

payitforward wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
TheBabyMaker wrote:They looked great against the Blazers just not in the last 7 mins of the 4th quarter. Hey with Wall they looked bad in the 4th in some games this year when they had big leads, who you going to blame?? They're just a un clutch team with a bad coach adjusting in crunch time. Beal SMH

I can see only one possibility of success -- & that is to give Chris McCullough big minutes.

I mean... isn't it obvious? They've clearly given up on the guy. & b/c the Wizards are never right in player evaluation, he will dominate. He just needs the minutes! 30 minutes a game!!

Free Chris McCullough!!

Yeah free him...because the Wiz suck without Wall...at least tonight. Honestly we are not a playoff team without wall.
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#12 » by Shanghai Kid » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:12 am

People seemed to be kind of down on Wall because he started slow, but it's clear to me that Wall makes a huge difference. We don't seem to be a playoff team without him, and that's with all the new production from the bench.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#13 » by gravytrain24 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 4:19 am

CobraCommander wrote:
payitforward wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Agreed...but they are much much worse without Wall. You cant have your best player out and be better for an extended period of time....one game yes...3 weeks?? Naw

Free Chris McCullough!!

Yeah free him...because the Wiz suck without Wall...at least tonight. Honestly we are not a playoff team without wall.

Can we now put him back because he looked horrific and lost.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,035

Post#14 » by queridiculo » Tue Dec 5, 2017 11:41 am

Wizards are pleased, follow up their decent play with a no show :lol:
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#15 » by FAH1223 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:28 pm

queridiculo wrote:Wizards are pleased, follow up their decent play with a no show :lol:

VERY predictable
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#16 » by nate33 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:56 pm

queridiculo wrote:Never a good sign when the Wizards are pleased, they handle success about as well as Kenny Powers.

Called it!
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,223

Post#17 » by NatP4 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:24 am

4-3 without Wall, can't complain about that.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#18 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:54 am

Is it fair to say that without Wall there's no iso ball?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#19 » by Illmatic12 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:34 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Is it fair to say that without Wall there's no iso ball?

Hmm.. not sure what you've been watching, but we've won the past two games solely on Beal isolation plays. So, no. :lol:

John helps massively with opening up easy opportunities in transition, creating open threes (look how much Otto's game has dropped off lately) , and he makes Gortat effective on offense. Hopefully he's 100% soon because the team will welcome him back with open arms.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: RE: Re: How will the Wizards fare without Wall? 

Post#20 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:42 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Is it fair to say that without Wall there's no iso ball?

Hmm.. not sure what you've been watching, but we've won the past two games solely on Beal isolation plays. So, no.

John helps massively with opening up easy opportunities in transition, creating open threes (look how much Otto's game has dropped off lately) , and he makes Gortat effective on offense. Hopefully he's 100% soon because the team will welcome him back with open arms.

I have not been watching.

I assumed Gortat and others are setting screens, and that Beal's getting shots within the offensive sets. Not hero shots in isolation.

Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards