Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Otto Porter - Part 3 

Post#121 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 pm

NatP4 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Remember, he'll likely be the youngest player in the draft - if he goes in it. And he's already bigger than older bro Michael - who projects as a 4 and was projected to be the 1st pick in the draft before his injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he's 7 feet by draft time. And look at his last couple of games - there's some dramatic improvement there. I don't see him on any mocks now, but... I think it's just a matter of time.
Yes, he even said in a clip that I saw that doctor said he would be over 7 ft tall.

I will check his last few games out. Thanks, Ruzious.

It will be great to see his brother cleared to play this season. That would make Missouri something to watch in the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

Jontay is great, I’ve been able to watch him all year in person, he really does it all. 12 rebounds 3 blocks per 40. Has an effortless jumpshot, great basketball IQ. Only 17 years old.

I don’t think he’s going to enter the draft, probably no chance at all IMO, especially if MPJR comes back, but he would be a tremendous upside pick especially if he drops all the way to the 20s

Cool - I was wondering about the Cardinal logo.

It probably depends on how high a guarantee Jontay gets. Gotta assume Michael goes pro unless he gets a bad medical report. Even missing most of the season, he's almost a sure top 7 pick - probably top 5 - hard to pass up the cash and a year closer to free agency.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Otto Porter - Part 3 

Post#122 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 am

The unsung hero of the Wizards over the past few games is Otto Porter.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#123 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:59 pm

From another thread,

nate33 wrote:

Before Wall went out, Porter averaged 13.5 points per game with an ORtg of 116.
After Wall went out, Porter averaged 19.1 points per game with an ORtg of 126.

Basically, Porter is taking an additional 2.8 FGA's per game and making... all of them! He has a TS% of 100% on each marginal additional attempt!

This goes to what most on this board has pointed out for a while. When Wall gets back, he needs to cut down on his FGA's and find a way to get more shots for Otto.
Bye bye Beal.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#124 » by FAH1223 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:06 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#125 » by nuposse04 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:50 pm

He's got 100 million and he's got his mom driving a Chevy? dafaq
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#126 » by payitforward » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 am

You think that's the Chevy "bow tie" logo on the steering wheel? Or is there something else you recognize?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#127 » by Illmatic12 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 am

nuposse04 wrote:He's got 100 million and he's got his mom driving a Chevy? dafaq

Well tbf, a new 2018 Tahoe for example is a $60-70k car. About as much as some luxury namebrand cars that have less utility

If I was a multi-millionaire my mother (knowing her) would probably be driving a G-Wagon, lol.. but I guess Ottos mom likes to be lowkey.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#128 » by DCZards » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:32 pm

nuposse04 wrote:He's got 100 million and he's got his mom driving a Chevy? dafaq

Doesn't surprise me. From all I've read about Otto and his family--going back to his high school and G'Town days--they are small town folks who aren't big on the glitch and glamour.

I bet OP has his mom living in a beautiful house though with a kitchen she can get down in. :) Otto certainly could use some home cooking and those extra pounds that come with it.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#129 » by tontoz » Thu Mar 1, 2018 2:25 pm

In Feb Porter averaged 21 pts per 36 with a TS of 62%. Does anyone still think that Porter's scoring is dependent on Wall?
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#130 » by FAH1223 » Thu Mar 1, 2018 2:26 pm

tontoz wrote:In Feb Porter averaged 21 pts per 36 with a TS of 62%. Does anyone still think that Porter's scoring is dependent on Wall?

Nope

And his handles aren’t bad. He’s been creating some off the bounce!
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#131 » by zero2hero » Thu Mar 1, 2018 3:12 pm

tontoz wrote:In Feb Porter averaged 21 pts per 36 with a TS of 62%. Does anyone still think that Porter's scoring is dependent on Wall?

I think we're all on the same page he certainly isn't dependent on Wall a la Webster or Butler (RIP). The question for Porter was more so (at least for me) would he be aggressive enough to really be the last member of our Big 3.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#132 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Mar 1, 2018 3:36 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

Nope

Well , Otto is still probably dependent on Beal to an extent - since Brad is now taking on doubleteams and doing his best to emulate John’s playmaking.

But that’s fine. I said before the season that I was perfectly fine if Otto never becomes a #1 option creator. We just needed him to become a high-end #2/#3, ala Caron Butler . 17ppg was my baseline for him this season, and it seems like he may hit that average if he continues scoring at this rate.

The biggest thing for me is that he’s no longer deferring to Keef or anyone else . He’s finally being aggressive and consistently putting up high FGA. When John comes back, I hope Otto continues his aggression and forces the team to reconsider how they distribute shots attempts amongst the starters.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,012

Post#133 » by Dark Faze » Thu Mar 1, 2018 3:41 pm

zero2hero wrote:

I think we're all on the same page he certainly isn't dependent on Wall a la Webster or Butler (RIP). The question for Porter was more so (at least for me) would he be aggressive enough to really be the last member of our Big 3.

He's still not aggressive enough. He has been these last few games, I love it when he gets 17 shots, but he's very guilty of forcing someone else to take the low shot clock shots and eat that low percentage FG attempt. I would have liked to have seem him at 16 shots a game for this month, and he's at 14.5. I think that's kind of low given Sato basically never shoots. You went from Wall going from 18 shots a game to a guy shooting 8 shots a game, and your net increase is 2.5 more shots a game.

As well, there hasn't been a more concerted effort to get him the ball. It's just the lack of attempt to score by Sato has just resulted in more ball rotations and thus more chances for Otto to get the looks he wants. That's good basketball yea, but his lack of wanting to get out of his comfort zone limits his ceiling as a player. Imagine if Beal never tried to develop beyond his catch and shoot game. You go through an ugly stage when you try to expand your role, but it's necessary for the betterment of the team.
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Otto Porter - Part 3 

Post#134 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Mar 1, 2018 5:05 pm

It's a beautiful thing.

I remember when John Wall made that comment about Otto not being able to run on the break.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#135 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Mar 1, 2018 5:07 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

Nope

He displayed pretty good handles at the top of the key. His game can grow considerably now that he has a little bit more freedom.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#136 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Mar 1, 2018 5:12 pm

zero2hero wrote:

Now that I think about it, last night was a career game for Otto Porter.

A lot of the ex players who are now announcers are hating on Otto. He signed a huge contract. He is the Wizards highest paid player. Shaq has said Otto needs to "step his game up". Jalen Rose admitted in effect he didn't think Otto's game was all that good. Paul Pierce told Jalen that Otto has a lot more to his game.

Last night the world saw put up 29 and 10. That is the first time I have heard Otto Porter speak at length. That feature where he talked about his car was his first national spotlight.

Border has earned respect.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#137 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Mar 1, 2018 5:13 pm

The last guy on the team that the Wizards should trade is Otto Porter.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#138 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Mar 1, 2018 5:15 pm

Dark Faze wrote:
zero2hero wrote:

He's still not aggressive enough. He has been these last few games, I love it when he gets 17 shots, but he's very guilty of forcing someone else to take the low shot clock shots and eat that low percentage FG attempt. I would have liked to have seem him at 16 shots a game for this month, and he's at 14.5. I think that's kind of low given Sato basically never shoots. You went from Wall going from 18 shots a game to a guy shooting 8 shots a game, and your net increase is 2.5 more shots a game.

As well, there hasn't been a more concerted effort to get him the ball. It's just the lack of attempt to score by Sato has just resulted in more ball rotations and thus more chances for Otto to get the looks he wants. That's good basketball yea, but his lack of wanting to get out of his comfort zone limits his ceiling as a player. Imagine if Beal never tried to develop beyond his catch and shoot game. You go through an ugly stage when you try to expand your role, but it's necessary for the betterment of the team.
I want Satoransky to be very aggressive with the basketball against Toronto.

A goal could be to attempt 10+ shots. At least get one dunk each game. Try for three. Someone gave him a concussion a couple of weeks back and I don't want him playing timid.

Bye bye Beal.
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#139 » by zero2hero » Thu Mar 1, 2018 6:02 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
zero2hero wrote:

Now that I think about it, last night was a career game for Otto Porter.

A lot of the ex players who are now announcers are hating on Otto. He signed a huge contract. He is the Wizards highest paid player. Shaq has said Otto needs to "step his game up". Jalen Rose admitted in effect he didn't think Otto's game was all that good. Paul Pierce told Jalen that Otto has a lot more to his game.

Last night the world saw put up 29 and 10. That is the first time I have heard Otto Porter speak at length. That feature where he talked about his car was his first national spotlight.

Border has earned respect.

Yes -- in more ways than one, Wall's injury was a blessing in disguise. Gave Otto a taste of recognition. You want what Beal accomplished? You want TV time? It's yours for the taking young blood
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#140 » by FAH1223 » Fri Mar 2, 2018 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Washington Wizards