ImageImageImageImageImage

Capital City Go-Go. All about the Wizards minor league squad here.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,908

Re: Capital City Go-Go. All about the Wizards minor league squad here. 

Post#441 » by TGW » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:48 am

So Hamidou Diallo got the 10 day. Statistically speaking, he should still be in the league but what is his deal? He couldn't stick on the Pistons, so I'm wondering if there's some attitude or work ethic issues there.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#442 » by closg00 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:56 pm

TGW wrote:So Hamidou Diallo got the 10 day. Statistically speaking, he should still be in the league but what is his deal? He couldn't stick on the Pistons, so I'm wondering if there's some attitude or work ethic issues there.

I would be curious to see him get some minutes, he was one of the top performers in the G-League
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#443 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:52 pm

TGW wrote:So Hamidou Diallo got the 10 day. Statistically speaking, he should still be in the league but what is his deal? He couldn't stick on the Pistons, so I'm wondering if there's some attitude or work ethic issues there.

Cant speak to the latter issues, but if you are a 2/3 that shoots sub 30% from 3 and sub 65% from the line while committing as many turnovers as assist... then you better be an All-NBA defender.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#444 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:07 pm

pcbothwel wrote:

Cant speak to the latter issues, but if you are a 2/3 that shoots sub 30% from 3 and sub 65% from the line while committing as many turnovers as assist... then you better be an All-NBA defender.
Yeah hos handles have always been sus and he can't hit free throws, he has really clumsy body control too.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,877

Post#445 » by payitforward » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:07 am

pcbothwel wrote:

5 years in the league & nothing any of us has ever heard about attitude or work ethic issues.

Plus, he had a terrific season last year. As to scoring -- well, he scored more points than average for a SG & he did it at a .593 TS%. You'd think that would keep a guy in the league!

& if you talk about effect on possessions -- the composite of his steals & offensive boards vs turnovers shows him as well above average.

Hamidou Diallo isn't relevant to us as a player, b/c we are engaged in a from-the-ground-up rebuilding effort. But, he's relevant as our property, because down the road we might be able to figure out how to sign & trade him.

I'm guessing that a conversation with his agent happened, more or less on that subject.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#446 » by 9 and 20 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:00 pm

Johnny Davis finally back in the G League. If he falls on his face again, I think that's a wrap for him. Hopefully it's not already too late, and I do hope he shows something.

He did achieve making it to the top of this list of worst NBA players for a while, so you can't see he never did anything with his time in the NBA - https://craftednba.com/player-traits/replacement
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#447 » by 9 and 20 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:42 am

Off to a bangin' start. 19 minutes, 3 points and 2 boards. 1-6 shooting. Glad this dude has already made his millions. Time to start doing as many Greenberg and Bedderman commercials as you can, while you're at it.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,934

Post#448 » by Frichuela » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:30 pm

9 and 20 wrote:Off to a bangin' start. 19 minutes, 3 points and 2 boards. 1-6 shooting. Glad this dude has already made his millions. Time to start doing as many Greenberg and Bedderman commercials as you can, while you're at it.

And following the steps of Brad Beal with Eastern Motors :lol:
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#449 » by WallToWall » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Diallo is gone.
The Washington Wizards plan to sign center Trey Jemison to a 10-day contract out of the NBA G League’s Birmingham Squadron.
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#450 » by bsilver » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:18 pm

It only took us 40 games to realize our rebounding and interior defense are at record setting levels. At 260 lbs, maybe Jemison will give us some toughness in the middle.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.

Return to Washington Wizards