ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #24: Wizards @ Blazers 10 PM (NBCSW/1500 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

YOUR WINNER

The Randy Wittman offense
29%
RIP CITY
71%

Total votes: 7

zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Re: GT #24: Wizards @ Blazers 10 PM (NBCSW/1500 AM) 

Post#181 » by zero2hero » Wed Dec 6, 2017 9:44 pm

Just watched the highlights and man, Beal's little hesi-step he does where he gets so low and simulates him picking up his dribble is lethal. His work with Drew Hanlen is really showing - he's one of the most known trainers that really push the edge of what is a carry by negating what looks like a discontinuation of a dribble with a hesitation step has taken the NBA by storm.
zero2hero
Senior

Post#182 » by zero2hero » Wed Dec 6, 2017 9:55 pm

Ruzious wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Our schedule looks very pleasing to the eyes for the rest of the December games. We have Cleveland, Boston, and Houston as well to hopefully notch some marquee wins. Really hoping that Jazz game was a little wake up call to this team.

And no more West Coast swings for the rest of the season.

One more amazing thing about Brad's performance - most of his misses were very makable shots, so he could have done even better. He's the best on the team at being able to get off good shots. I counted only one bad shot he made - when he faked a 3 that he should have taken and ended up taking a bad long 2.

Btw, the Wiz bigs... I thought were all pretty bad last night - including Otto. Portly starts 2 very good defensive forwards in Aminu and Harkless, and Nurcic is a physical defender, but the rest of the team doesn't defend well. Aminu was real good on both ends, imo. Because their guards are so bad defensively, they really need the front court to help them out, and Nurcic is not good at that - so they get killed by good backcourts. If I was Portly coach Stotts, I would have gone to Nurcic time after time and told him to be a bully. He did that with a lot of success in the first quarter, but then started shooting fade-aways and missing them. Why do that when he could clearly out-muscle Gortat and Mahinmi? To me, Stotts has been a bad coach going back to his Milwaukee days, and I don't see what he's trying to to do.

I hate his offense. It reminds me of a worse version of Brooks - a very "star orientated" offense. It's only somewhat effective because he has two guards who can get off their shots with the best of them.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#183 » by dangermouse » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:20 am

Shoe wrote:Beal is done playing point according to Scott in the post game presser. Sato emergence changed the strategy. Hopefully he sticks with it and long term outcomes are positive.

Thats half the reason he had this explosion. He was allowed to play his game.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,913

Post#184 » by CobraCommander » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:07 am

dangermouse wrote:
Shoe wrote:Beal is done playing point according to Scott in the post game presser. Sato emergence changed the strategy. Hopefully he sticks with it and long term outcomes are positive.

And he not trying to pretend to be a Point/primary ball handler-

That’s why you can say Harden is so tough...handles like Wall (or better) shot like Beal (or better) defense like Frazier (no better)
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#185 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:46 pm

I know Beal went off and Oubre did his thing on defense, but I am especially pleased with Sato. I just watch him on defense and the guy is outstanding. I don't see the lack of foot speed that some criticized him for.
If John could play D like Sato, we would be a much better team. I hope Brooks doesn't bench him when John comes back.
zero2hero
Senior

Post#186 » by zero2hero » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:08 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
dangermouse wrote:

That’s why you can say Harden is so tough...handles like Wall (or better) shot like Beal (or better) defense like Frazier (no better)

Harden's defense is underrated, in my opinion. He get a bad rep early because he was lazy, but when he's locked in, he can play. He's got the physical skills and the instincts - the effort is just inconsistent. Which honestly, sounds like Wall - and most of the superstars in this league. Very rarely (only Kawhi really) will you have a superstar who prides themselves on concerting maximum effort on defense on most possessions.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,913

Post#187 » by CobraCommander » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:15 pm

zero2hero wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
dangermouse wrote:

Harden's defense is underrated, in my opinion. He get a bad rep early because he was lazy, but when he's locked in, he can play. He's got the physical skills and the instincts - the effort is just inconsistent. Which honestly, sounds like Wall - and most of the superstars in this league. Very rarely (only Kawhi really) will you have a superstar who prides themselves on concerting maximum effort on defense on most possessions.

I think it’s more about effort on the defensive end when you spend so much energy on the offensive side- i suspect it’s just a physical limitation -

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Washington Wizards