ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #25: Player of the Game #14 (Wiz @ Suns)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Your MVP

Beal
60%
Kief
5%
Oubre
No votes
Mahinmi
35%
OTHER:
No votes

Total votes: 20

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Game #25: Player of the Game #14 (Wiz @ Suns) 

Post#1 » by FAH1223 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:37 am

Brad carried the team and dropped 34. Defense got better in stretches.

The tally so far

Otto x4
Wall x3
Beal x2
Gortat
Morris
Oubre
Sato
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Re: Game #25: Player of the Game #14 (Wiz @ Suns) 

Post#2 » by NatP4 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:38 am

voted Mahinmi. Had the biggest impact on the game.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#3 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:17 am

Mahinmi... for his work on both ends of the court
In Rizzo we trust
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#4 » by nuposse04 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:18 am

I voted Beal... but Ian does deserve some love. His fouls aren't....as bad seemingly... but his defense is helping a lot. Seems to be boxing out more physical presences better too. Hopefully this is a sign of him coming around.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,110

Post#5 » by J-Ves » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:19 am

As much as I wanted to vote for Mahinmi, I'm going with Beal. 34 points in 37 minutes to go along with zero turnovers is bigly.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#6 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:43 am

Morris was huge. We don't win the last two games if he doesn't step up as the #2 guy with efficient offense
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#7 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:09 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:Morris was huge. We don't win the last two games if he doesn't step up as the #2 guy with efficient offense

Not to be a stickler, but he was pretty poor on offense in Portland. We won that game with Beal going off and the bench playing very efficient ball. The rest of the starters kind of stunk it up that game.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#8 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:59 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:Morris was huge. We don't win the last two games if he doesn't step up as the #2 guy with efficient offense

Not to be a stickler, but he was pretty poor on offense in Portland. We won that game with Beal going off and the bench playing very efficient ball. The rest of the starters kind of stunk it up that game.

You’re right , I was actually thinking of the Pistons game when Kieff showed up big. He’s been arguably outplaying Otto these last few outings
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#9 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:19 pm

It's real nice that Mahinmi played well, but I can't in good conscience give him player of the game. The POTG was Beal, no question. The man had 34 points with a TS% of .655. Oh, and 4 assists with 0 turnovers.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#10 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Dec 8, 2017 11:13 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

You’re right , I was actually thinking of the Pistons game when Kieff showed up big. He’s been arguably outplaying Otto these last few outings

Arguably? Porter has been dreadful lately on offense. We are really lucky to be 4-3 without Wall because Porter has been pretty bad offensively save for that Minny game. I haven’t liked his flow, seems to be forcing a lot of fades and his three stroke has disappeared. I think a lot of his issues have come from him and Beal trying to two man game it where they waste a lot of time deciding who should get it, passing back and forth, and a broken shot. Which goes to say, our starters thus far have regressed this season in moving the ball. Way too much over dribbling and hero ball. if we can even get close to last years flow with the starters with this bench that I grow more confident in by the day, we could do some things.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#11 » by Kanyewest » Fri Dec 8, 2017 11:45 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

Arguably? Porter has been dreadful lately on offense. We are really lucky to be 4-3 without Wall because Porter has been pretty bad offensively save for that Minny game. I haven’t liked his flow, seems to be forcing a lot of fades and his three stroke has disappeared. I think a lot of his issues have come from him and Beal trying to two man game it where they waste a lot of time deciding who should get it, passing back and forth, and a broken shot. Which goes to say, our starters thus far have regressed this season in moving the ball. Way too much over dribbling and hero ball. if we can even get close to last years flow with the starters with this bench that I grow more confident in by the day, we could do some things.

Otto was solid against Portland (in Washington) and Detroit as well. Lead the Wizards in scoring in Utah. Not sure what's happened to him the past few games though.

Return to Washington Wizards