ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#1 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#2 » by Wizardspride » Sun Feb 4, 2018 3:35 am

We had them but gave up a 4 point play to tie the game in regulation.

Went to overtime and....


Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 17,237
And1: 2,949
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#3 » by 80sballboy » Mon Feb 5, 2018 5:19 pm

"We"?
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 41,430
And1: 7,192
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#4 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 5, 2018 5:55 pm

Good to see a Hoyas thread here - it's hard not to root for Patrick Ewing to have some success as a coach. And with Govan and Derrickson juniors and the 6'8 freshman guard - Pickett - showing good signs, they could be real good next season. So, who has the better chance of making it in the NBA - Derrickson or Govan? I really like Derrickson's chances.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#5 » by Wizardspride » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:02 pm

Ruzious wrote:Good to see a Hoyas thread here - it's hard not to root for Patrick Ewing to have some success as a coach. And with Govan and Derrickson juniors and the 6'8 freshman guard - Pickett - showing good signs, they could be real good next season. So, who has the better chance of making it in the NBA - Derrickson or Govan? I really like Derrickson's chances.

Personally, I think both are NBA players (eventually) but I'm a big Derrickson fan.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#6 » by Wizardspride » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#7 » by Wizardspride » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 20,865
And1: 2,645
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#8 » by closg00 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:13 pm



Georgetown has the talk of the nation, can't wait to watch Hoya's basketball with Mac McClung, he's even got a great basketball name
User avatar
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 19,069
And1: 1,965
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#9 » by Rafael122 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:57 pm

I think the only regret I have with this team is that their out of conference schedule was so bad, that if they had scheduled a couple of games vs. mid majors, it would have prepared them better for Big East play.

They should have beaten Xavier, Providence and DePaul but blew leads in all of them. They'd be 18-7 right now and their resume would look decent enough that 2 more conference wins and a win in the tournament probably would have gotten them a low seed in the NCAA tournament.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
DCZards
General Manager
Posts: 7,857
And1: 2,248
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Location: The Streets of DC

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#10 » by DCZards » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Good to see a Hoyas thread here - it's hard not to root for Patrick Ewing to have some success as a coach. And with Govan and Derrickson juniors and the 6'8 freshman guard - Pickett - showing good signs, they could be real good next season. So, who has the better chance of making it in the NBA - Derrickson or Govan? I really like Derrickson's chances.

Personally, I think both are NBA players (eventually) but I'm a big Derrickson fan.


I'm a big Hoya fan and I'm hopeful that Govan and/or Derrickson will play in the NBA. I think Derrickson is currently the better college player of the two. However, I worry that at 6-7 he's too small to play PF at the next level and not athletic or quick enough to play on the perimeter in the NBA. I hope I'm wrong.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 41,430
And1: 7,192
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#11 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:43 pm

DCZards wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Good to see a Hoyas thread here - it's hard not to root for Patrick Ewing to have some success as a coach. And with Govan and Derrickson juniors and the 6'8 freshman guard - Pickett - showing good signs, they could be real good next season. So, who has the better chance of making it in the NBA - Derrickson or Govan? I really like Derrickson's chances.

Personally, I think both are NBA players (eventually) but I'm a big Derrickson fan.


I'm a big Hoya fan and I'm hopeful that Govan and/or Derrickson will play in the NBA. I think Derrickson is currently the better college player of the two. However, I worry that at 6-7 he's too small to play PF at the next level and not athletic or quick enough to play on the perimeter in the NBA. I hope I'm wrong.

I read somewher that Derrickson has a 9'1 wingspan, but I don't know what his standing length is - and for bigs - that's probably more important. I think it'll be important how he measures in that at the combine - as well as agility drills. Agreed that he's not quick enough to play 3 in the NBA - I think it's stretch 4 or bust. He's had a great last 2 games - hitting a combined 19 of 25 FG's including 6 of 7 from 3, 49 points, 25 rebounds, 4 assists, and no turnovers.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#12 » by Wizardspride » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#13 » by Wizardspride » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#14 » by Wizardspride » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
DCZards
General Manager
Posts: 7,857
And1: 2,248
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Location: The Streets of DC

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#15 » by DCZards » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:39 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter


Pickett is going to be a star. He just needs to get stronger and smarter, which will come with time in the weight room and game experience. Pickett took a couple of ill-advised quick 3 pt shots in the last two minutes of the Butler game last night--but I like his moxie.

He's from DC, which might help in getting other area high school stars to put G'Town on their short list.

The Blair kid, another frosh, is also a nice player. He has a smooth 3pt shooting stroke.
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#16 » by Wizardspride » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 am

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
User avatar
Dat2U
RealGM
Posts: 21,511
And1: 4,806
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#17 » by Dat2U » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 am

Wizardspride wrote:2018 Georgetown Hoyas Recruiting Class

https://247sports.com/college/georgetown/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits


So how good you think Mac McClung is going to be? The scouts don't seem to buy his youtube hype. I was surprised he's only considered a 3-star prospect.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 46,497
And1: 5,626
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: RE: Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#18 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:34 am

closg00 wrote:

Georgetown has the talk of the nation, can't wait to watch Hoya's basketball with Mac McClung, he's even got a great basketball name
He's going to Georgetown?

That's outstanding.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
2020 Wizards SHOULD Draft:

(Unless they move up in the top to draft Wiseman/Okongwu)

JALEN SMITH and either Xavier Tillman, Paul Reed, Udoka Azubuike, or TYLER BEY (if they get lucky and he slips in the draft).
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 46,497
And1: 5,626
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: RE: Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#19 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:40 am

Dat2U wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:2018 Georgetown Hoyas Recruiting Class

https://247sports.com/college/georgetown/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits


So how good you think Mac McClung is going to be? The scouts don't seem to buy his youtube hype. I was surprised he's only considered a 3-star prospect.
I think he is nowhere near 6'2".

He has some serious hops.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
2020 Wizards SHOULD Draft:

(Unless they move up in the top to draft Wiseman/Okongwu)

JALEN SMITH and either Xavier Tillman, Paul Reed, Udoka Azubuike, or TYLER BEY (if they get lucky and he slips in the draft).
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,122
And1: 7,296
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Georgetown Hoyas Thread (The Patrick Ewing Era) 

Post#20 » by Wizardspride » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:2018 Georgetown Hoyas Recruiting Class

https://247sports.com/college/georgetown/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits


So how good you think Mac McClung is going to be? The scouts don't seem to buy his youtube hype. I was surprised he's only considered a 3-star prospect.

Yeah, I'm not really buying the hype either.

He has a serious vertical but as far as being an actual basketball player, he has a ways to go.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries

Return to Washington Wizards