RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: RE: Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXV 

Post#1541 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am

Dat2U wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:Cousins unfollowed the Pels in instagram

Oubre, Mahinmi, Markieff, and our second this year for Cuz in a sign and trade

PIF incoming!

Someone please help me understand how does DeMarcus Cousins with a busted achillies defends on the perimeter?
You redshirt him the same way Joel Embiid got redshirted for the Philadelphia 76ers.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM

Post#1542 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

NatP4 wrote:

PIF incoming!

I’d throw Mahinmi and our 2019 1st at NO and see what happens.

Assuming you can sign him for Mahinmi money at only 2 years. You’d probably get a year and a half of him, players are recovering more quickly from Achilles tears nowadays. 75% boogie is still pretty productive.

My argument against his ridiculous inefficiency, 5 turnovers a game, bad attitude, NO being significantly better without him would be this: he’s never really played in a small ball spacing system, played next to AD, played with two centers on a horrible team in SAC, what would he look like next to Wall-Beal-Oubre-Porter? He would obviously be better than Gortat/Mahinmi/Morris/Mike Scott. I mean we literally were using a Scott/Morris frontcourt in the playoffs, you can’t do worse than that.

I tried
Big black man will always be labeled having a bad attitude if he looks like cousins.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1543 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

Dark Faze wrote:Ya know, Lebron could do worse than to force a sign and trade to Washington.
That's one time I would trade Otto Porter.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1544 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am

nate33 wrote:So, after the lotto drawing, the draft order is Phoenix #1, Sacramento #2, and Atlanta #3,

All 3 teams have enough cap room to absorb Wall's salary. Wall straight up for a top 3 pick? Then add Noel

Tank for a season while we groom the #3 pick and the #15 pick while trying to move Gortat and Morris.

Add a lotto pick in 2019 and shop in free agency for one more good young player and our lineup in 2019 will include:
2018 top 3 pick
2019 lotto pick
Sato
Beal
Oubre
Porter
Noel
2018 #15 pick
Good young free agent (how about Rozier?)
I have no qualms about any Wall trades any of those three teams.

Big sauce Alan Williams seems like a guy that would be nice to get from Phoenix. He was injured last season.

The whole key would be trade Wall and get back Schroeder or somebody like him. Get back better role players while getting rid of our bad contracts.

The draft lottery outcomes really helped Washington's ability to trade but I don't trust the Wizards to do anything right.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1545 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am

NatP4 wrote:What about trading Wall to Orlando? A team built to win now that needs a point guard? We could trade him for all 3 magic picks, #6, #35, and #41, we could take back Terrence Ross and Shelvin Mack as expiring contracts

Maybe they aren’t sold on Trae Young?
Great!

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1546 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 am

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
nate33 wrote:So, after the lotto drawing, the draft order is Phoenix #1, Sacramento #2, and Atlanta #3,

All 3 teams have enough cap room to absorb Wall's salary. Wall straight up for a top 3 pick? Then add Noel

Tank for a season while we groom the #3 pick and the #15 pick while trying to move Gortat and Morris.

Add a lotto pick in 2019 and shop in free agency for one more good young player and our lineup in 2019 will include:
2018 top 3 pick
2019 lotto pick
Sato
Beal
Oubre
Porter
Noel
2018 #15 pick

Lol their GM should be fired on the spot. That's highway robbery. Giving up a top 3 pick for the right to pay a 32-year old Wall 47 million dollars?
Somebody will put Wall on their team because he'll put butts in the seats. I think John's perceived value is higher than his actual quality of play.

Dat2U, John had elevated play but in the end of the games he is still not that smart in the playoffs.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1547 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 am

Dat2U wrote:

2018 top 3 pick
2019 lotto pick
Sato
Beal
Oubre
Porter
Noel
2018 #15 pick

Noel is a FA and can't be traded.

I'd move Wall for 2 guys. Doncic or Jackson. Maybe Ayton because of his trade value.
I would rather look at veterans that I would get it in exchange for Wall. If I could get something like Connelly plus the rights to Omari Spellman along with the Wizards pick I'd be happy.

The salary difference would make me so.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1548 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:41 am

gravytrain24 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

PIF incoming!

Someone please help me understand how does DeMarcus Cousins with a busted achillies defends on the perimeter?

John would tell him its cool, just sit out in until February. He should be fully healed by then making 20 mil.
Exactly!

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1549 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am

gravytrain24 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Wall and Oubre to SAC for Fox, Koufos, and the 2nd overall pick.

Did you see enough from Fox to want him or are you just trading for the space and pick.
Buddy Hield and the other kid Bogdanovic on that team might be better prospects.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXV 

Post#1550 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 11:43 am

I'm tired I need to stay away from another 20 days...

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1551 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 pm

A real simple idea is this:

John Wall for Conley and the 4th pick.

Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#1552 » by nate33 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

PIF incoming!

I’d throw Mahinmi and our 2019 1st at NO and see what happens.

Assuming you can sign him for Mahinmi money at only 2 years. You’d probably get a year and a half of him, players are recovering more quickly from Achilles tears nowadays. 75% boogie is still pretty productive.

My argument against his ridiculous inefficiency, 5 turnovers a game, bad attitude, NO being significantly better without him would be this: he’s never really played in a small ball spacing system, played next to AD, played with two centers on a horrible team in SAC, what would he look like next to Wall-Beal-Oubre-Porter? He would obviously be better than Gortat/Mahinmi/Morris/Mike Scott. I mean we literally were using a Scott/Morris frontcourt in the playoffs, you can’t do worse than that.

I tried
Big black man will always be labeled having a bad attitude if he looks like cousins.

C'mon CCJ. That's a stretch. The NBA is chock full of big black men. Nobody thinks they all have bad attitudes.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#1553 » by DCZards » Thu May 17, 2018 2:32 pm

nate33 wrote:
C'mon CCJ. That's a stretch. The NBA is chock full of big black men. Nobody thinks they all have bad attitudes.

Agree with Nate. I don't think guys like Shaq and Embiid have ever been seen as having a bad attitude. Cousins has proven to have emotional/maturity issues. It has nothing to do with his size or race.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#1554 » by gravytrain24 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:A real simple idea is this:

I could be okay with that depending on what's remaining on Conley's deal.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#1555 » by NatP4 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:41 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:

It’s not pretty. He’s a below the rim PG that will probably stay effective for another 3-4 years, assuming he recovers from that weird ankle injury.

But why would Memphis trade a player that is just as good if not better than Wall AND the 4th overall pick??
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#1556 » by NatP4 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Memphis would probably trade us Parsons and the 4th overall pick for one of Otto or Beal. Not sure why we would do that though
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#1557 » by nate33 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:04 pm

NatP4 wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:

It’s not pretty. He’s a below the rim PG that will probably stay effective for another 3-4 years, assuming he recovers from that weird ankle injury.

But why would Memphis trade a player that is just as good if not better than Wall AND the 4th overall pick??

Agreed. Memphis should either trade their pick for win now vets, or trade their win now vets for picks/prospects. They shouldn't try to do both at the same time. And if they trade their pick for a vet, the two positions they wouldn't look to fill are PG and C. A John Wall trade doesn't make much sense for them.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#1558 » by gravytrain24 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:06 pm

NatP4 wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:

For box office numbers. I don't think Conley is better than Wall but if he deal is less and for less money and they can give him the full physical, id consider it.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1559 » by payitforward » Thu May 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Sorry, I don't see this. If we trade Wall it is because we recognize that this generation of the Wizards has no shot whatever at a title -- not even at the Finals, not even at the EC Finals (& if you don't recognize that fact, you're just not paying attention -- Philly/Boston own the East going forward for several years).

So... what do I want with Mike Conley, good player though he is? He makes way too much money.

What I want is to 1) get rid of my horrific salary load & 2) acquire as many picks as possible.

Then hire a good GM & start re-working the team so that we can hope to peak in 3-5 years.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#1560 » by gravytrain24 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm

payitforward wrote:Sorry, I don't see this. If we trade Wall it is because we recognize that this generation of the Wizards has no shot whatever at a title -- not even at the Finals, not even at the EC Finals (& if you don't recognize that fact, you're just not paying attention -- Philly/Boston own the East going forward for several years).

So... what do I want with Mike Conley, good player though he is? He makes way too much money.

What I want is to 1) get rid of my horrific salary load & 2) acquire as many picks as possible.

Then hire a good GM & start re-working the team so that we can hope to peak in 3-5 years.

I'm not for trading Wall, but another reason why you do is if you believe he is not the leader you think he is and the problem in the locker room. Once again, I'm not saying he is or he isn't but it kind of feels like the Gilbert years again, good but not great, something happens, break it up and start over.

Return to Washington Wizards