Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#781 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm

gtn130 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:So what do we do when Trump fires Rosenstein, and the next quisling in line ends the investigation?

Should the Northwest and Northeast just secede?

We should definitely try rioting in the streets and shutting down the economy. If that doesn’t work it might be time to secede or move somewhere

If Maryland secedes and Virginia doesn’t, where does DC end up? I don’t want to move.

I guess the seceding country has to give up dc. Dammit!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#782 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Omg you guys, imagine if we seceded and the new constitution DIDN’T HAVE THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!!!!!?!?111111
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#783 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 pm

I wonder what percentage of tax revenues we’d end up with? You guys, this could be AWESOME!!!
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#784 » by cammac » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
gtn130 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:So what do we do when Trump fires Rosenstein, and the next quisling in line ends the investigation?

We should definitely try rioting in the streets and shutting down the economy. If that doesn’t work it might be time to secede or move somewhere

If Maryland secedes and Virginia doesn’t, where does DC end up? I don’t want to move.

I guess the seceding country has to give up dc. Dammit!

If anything would be a unification with Canada with 3 official languages English, Spanish, French with Canada's 36 million, California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Maine, NH, Vermont, MA, Connecticut, RI, NY, NJ, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and then question marks in West Alaska, NM, Arizona Colorado in question marks in E East Pennsylvania, Michigan,Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota ? Would be the worlds largest geographical country.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#785 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:37 pm

You guys have to stop subsidizing lumber.
cammac
General Manager

Post#786 » by cammac » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:You guys have to stop subsidizing lumber.

The Koch's Georgia Pacific would no longer be part of the country.
Besides we will win at WTO like we always do but tariff pays for the Koch largess to the Republican Party. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#787 » by closg00 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 pm

nate33 wrote:
closg00 wrote:This doesn't even rise to the level of a weak case of false equivalency because there is nothing at all to Uranium One.

1.Uranium One debunked on Fox News
2. There is nothing illegal about opposition research and Clinton had nothing to do with it
3. The opposition research yielded disturbing information that Steele attempted to get to the FBI, the Clinton campaign cannot be shown to have used any of the information during the campaign

1. I'm not trying to get into the whole Uranium One can of worms because I haven't researched it. I'm not, at the moment, alleging that anything nefarious took place regarding Uranium One, other than the fact that Clinton profited off the deal. Which makes it equivalent to Trump profiting off of business deals with Russia. (And all we know about his business dealings with Russia is that he profited off of them. We know of nothing else nefarious.)

2. Clinton certainly had as much to do with the opposition research as Trump did. C'mon, Cody Shearer was a long time Clinton crony and Clinton hired Fusion GPS.

3. Clinton, once she found out that Trump's people talked to Russians, immediately introduced the Russia Russia Russia issue into debates, labeling Trump as Putin's pawn. That qualifies as using the Russian-obtained intel against Trump. Again, it's equivalent to the Trump campaign utilizing the available dirt on Clinton found in the hacked emails.

What she said was accurate and she was right to call him out. At the time, Treasonous Trump was siding with Putin against his countries Intelligence Agencies. Trump has refused to enact the sanctions that were voted on overwhelming giving credence to one of the dossier claims. So yeah, she was and is right about this.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#788 » by Pointgod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 pm

gtn130 wrote:

Instead of seceding you guys need to take control of your country. Only way to do that is to vote Democrats all the way down every ticket. The time for false equivalences are over, Democrats need to focus on getting back into power and keeping it.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#789 » by dckingsfan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Pointgod wrote:
gtn130 wrote:

Instead of seceding you guys need to take control of your country. Only way to do that is to vote Democrats all the way down every ticket. The time for false equivalences are over, Democrats need to focus on getting back into power and keeping it.

hehehe
cammac
General Manager

Post#790 » by cammac » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Fox News Flash
Gorka claimed that he knows of a number of White House staffers whose security clearances got “slow-rolled” by those investigating them. In some cases, the slow-rolling happens while “a deliberate minefield” is put in place that is timed to explode at a certain time.

That led Pirro to wonder—how could an investigation take a year when it should be “easy stuff”? For Gorka, the answer was easy—“the swamp has many ways to undermine an administration.”

Unfortunately the Trump Administration was breaking the law with Porter!

If an employee receives an interim security clearance, he or she is allowed by law to serve in positions designated “National Security/Non-Critical Sensitive” or “National Security/Critical Sensitive.” They cannot, however, be given a “Special Sensitive” job, which requires a different level of clearance: Top Secret/Special Compartmentalized Information—also known as TS/SCI or TS/CodeWord.

Only employees with TS/SCI or CodeWord clearance can see our government’s most important secrets. Typically, the staff secretary is one of those very few people. One of the most important.

This would also be the case with Kushner & how many else?

Somehow Obama got blamed just wanted to beat Nate to the latest conspiracy!!!! :lol: :crazy: :banghead:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/2/11/1740545/-Judge-Jeanine-and-Sebastian-Gorka-think-Rob-Porter-was-a-deep-state-op
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#791 » by Pointgod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 pm

cammac wrote:Fox News Flash
Gorka claimed that he knows of a number of White House staffers whose security clearances got “slow-rolled” by those investigating them. In some cases, the slow-rolling happens while “a deliberate minefield” is put in place that is timed to explode at a certain time.

That led Pirro to wonder—how could an investigation take a year when it should be “easy stuff”? For Gorka, the answer was easy—“the swamp has many ways to undermine an administration.”

If an employee receives an interim security clearance, he or she is allowed by law to serve in positions designated “National Security/Non-Critical Sensitive” or “National Security/Critical Sensitive.” They cannot, however, be given a “Special Sensitive” job, which requires a different level of clearance: Top Secret/Special Compartmentalized Information—also known as TS/SCI or TS/CodeWord.

Only employees with TS/SCI or CodeWord clearance can see our government’s most important secrets. Typically, the staff secretary is one of those very few people. One of the most important.

Somehow Obama got blamed just wanted to beat Nate to the latest conspiracy!!!! :lol: :crazy: :banghead:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/2/11/1740545/-Judge-Jeanine-and-Sebastian-Gorka-think-Rob-Porter-was-a-deep-state-op

The fact that Rob Porter was getting classified information despite not being cleared should be a Hillary Clinton level **** scandal. From what I've heard Trump is the only one that can give permission for him to see classified info and if Trump had no idea about Porters scumbag background and him not getting cleared by the FBI then something illegal went on. Who cleared him?
closg00
RealGM

Post#792 » by closg00 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:36 pm

What utter and complete bull_sh_it, Gorka is talking out of his ass and clowning for the Fox audience. I know for a fact that there is a back-log on security background checks. Gorka is clowning for the Infowars crowd.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#793 » by verbal8 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:47 pm

If there is nothing to the Russia/Trump connection, why did Trump fail to enforce the Russian sanctions?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#794 » by FAH1223 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 am

verbal8 wrote:If there is nothing to the Russia/Trump connection, why did Trump fail to enforce the Russian sanctions?

Simple. He's got financial interests at stake or former business partners who gave him money in the past which will be disrupted by sanctions.

One thing regarding sanctions. The USA's reliance on using sanctions is going to become toothless at some point. Russia, Iran, China and other countries are starting to operate outside of the dollar system.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#795 » by montestewart » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 am

Zonkerbl wrote:Omg you guys, imagine if we seceded and the new constitution DIDN’T HAVE THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!!!!!?!?111111

Like elevators that don't have a 13th floor. Nobody talks about it. Shhh!
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#796 » by gtn130 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:30 am

verbal8 wrote:If there is nothing to the Russia/Trump connection, why did Trump fail to enforce the Russian sanctions?

Trump was simply enacting the will of the people according to Nate
gtn130
Analyst

Post#797 » by gtn130 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:31 am

Pointgod wrote:
gtn130 wrote:

Agreed but if Mueller is fired without consequence then odds of a fair election are slim to none
gtn130
Analyst

Post#798 » by gtn130 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:32 am

Pointgod wrote:

The fact that Rob Porter was getting classified information despite not being cleared should be a Hillary Clinton level **** scandal. From what I've heard Trump is the only one that can give permission for him to see classified info and if Trump had no idea about Porters scumbag background and him not getting cleared by the FBI then something illegal went on. Who cleared him?

I for one am SHOCKED that Nate isn’t all over this one!
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#799 » by Pointgod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:58 am

gtn130 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

I for one am SHOCKED that Nate isn’t all over this one!

Yeah would love to get the opinion of the security hawks like Nate and stilldroppedonhishead.
closg00
RealGM

Post#800 » by closg00 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:06 am

OMG, if Porter had been a President Clinton aid, Fox News fodder for weeks

Return to Washington Wizards