Doug_Blew
Junior
And1: 313

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#901 » by Doug_Blew » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 pm

nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm just curious. At what point in time did we decide as a society that a young 23-year-old man who lost his temper once and hit his wife shouldn't be permitted to hold down a job 15 years later? Are we prepared to scrutinize the past of every Democrat staffer in DC and hold them to the same standard?

You live in a warped world. Comments like this do not help your cause as a Trump Supporter.
Doug_Blew
Junior
And1: 313

Post#902 » by Doug_Blew » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 pm

montestewart wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm just curious. At what point in time did we decide as a society that a young 23-year-old man who lost his temper once and hit his wife shouldn't be permitted to hold down a job 15 years later? Are we prepared to scrutinize the past of every Democrat staffer in DC and hold them to the same standard?

The black eye he allegedly inflicted on his first wife happened when he was 27, along with other incidents of physical and verbal abuse. During his second marriage, he was around 32-36, and there are allegations of verbal abuse along with one physical incident. There are also allegations from a girlfriend circa 2016, when he was 39. It sounds like there may be more than just a single rash act at age 23.

I believe in forgiveness, as I've certainly been forgiven some of my own youthful rash acts. But you have to change, and if you don't, you may have to face the consequences, Democrat or Republican. We've seen quite a few Democrats and Republicans go down in flames because their words didn't mesh with their actions.

We shouldn't have to respond to Nate on this. He supposedly knows every minute detail on a FISA warrant. He's just a Trump puppet at this point.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#903 » by gtn130 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 pm

nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah I remember you being really mad about Al Franken having to resign because of his antics as a young comedian
gtn130
Analyst

Post#904 » by gtn130 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Deplorables really do live up to their calling card, I gotta say. Beating your wife is fine if you're 23(27) because everyone makes mistakes at such a young age
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#905 » by montestewart » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 pm

gtn130 wrote:Deplorables really do live up to their calling card, I gotta say. Beating your wife is fine if you're 23(27) because everyone makes mistakes at such a young age

Well, I sure did some **** when I was 23. I'm just not seeing a lot of evidence that he's moved past it.
gtn130
Analyst

Post#906 » by gtn130 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:55 pm

montestewart wrote:
gtn130 wrote:Deplorables really do live up to their calling card, I gotta say. Beating your wife is fine if you're 23(27) because everyone makes mistakes at such a young age

Well, I sure did some **** when I was 23. I'm just not seeing a lot of evidence that he's moved past it.

Big difference between being welcomed back into society and being welcomed into the White House
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#907 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Ruzious wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bullshyt. Firstly, both of his former wives accused him of abusing them. Secondly, it's rarely a one-time thing when there's physical abuse to a spouse. Thirdly, anyone else accused of this with photographic evidence, would and should normally lose his/her job immediately. Fourthly, if there's any similar legitimate evidence against a Democratic staffer OF COURSE they should be fired immediately. Stop making these clowns out to be martyrs - they are anything but. Everyone's got a skeleton in their closet, but a grown man physically abusing a women and giving her a black eye... implying that's ok in any way... seriously?

Firstly, his first wife said that he only hit him that one time on their honeymoon. Secondly, his second wife alleged "emotional abuse". The only physical abuse was one time when he grabbed her roughly by the shoulder and pulled her out of the shower. And there is no evidence of him physically hurting someone in 15 years following the first incident.

Clearly, the guy has (or at least had) anger issues. I certainly wouldn't want my daughter dating him. But there are literally millions of men in this world who have lost their cool, particularly while young, and may have done something effed up in the heat of the moment. Sure, a divorce seems warranted. Sure, maybe civil litigation would have been appropriate at the time. And if charges were pressed and proven, maybe the guy deserved the appropriate jail time. But charges were not pressed. No guilty verdict was rendered. They divorced and moved on. There are no known accounts of him striking a women in the ensuing 15 years. Does one moment of anger at age 23 mean a guy shouldn't be permitted to have a job 15 years later?

Imagine if the Obama Administration hired a 38-year-old black man who, in 2003, got involved in a gang altercation where he beat somebody up. He plead out to a misdemeanor and did some community service or something. In the following 15 years, he got his life together, got a degree and worked his way up in the world until the Obama Administration noticed him and hired him. It would be considered a success story. A troubled young man with a troubled past got it together and ended up working for the President of the United States. That's fantastic!
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#908 » by JWizmentality » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Let that be nate's wife, mother, sister...and I'm sure he'd be on here saying what a swell guy Porter is. :lol:

And....we've gone over the deep end folks.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#909 » by JWizmentality » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
nate33 wrote:I'm just curious. At what point in time did we decide as a society that a young 23-year-old man who lost his temper once and hit his wife shouldn't be permitted to hold down a job 15 years later? Are we prepared to scrutinize the past of every Democrat staffer in DC and hold them to the same standard?

Bullshyt. Firstly, both of his former wives accused him of abusing them. Secondly, it's rarely a one-time thing when there's physical abuse to a spouse. Thirdly, anyone else accused of this with photographic evidence, would and should normally lose his/her job immediately. Fourthly, if there's any similar legitimate evidence against a Democratic staffer OF COURSE they should be fired immediately. Stop making these clowns out to be martyrs - they are anything but. Everyone's got a skeleton in their closet, but a grown man physically abusing a women and giving her a black eye... implying that's ok in any way... seriously?

Firstly, his first wife said that he only hit him that one time on their honeymoon. Secondly, his second wife alleged "emotional abuse". The only physical abuse was one time when he grabbed her roughly by the shoulder and pulled her out of the shower. And there is no evidence of him physically hurting someone in 15 years following the first incident.

Clearly, the guy has (or at least had) anger issues. I certainly wouldn't want my daughter dating him. But there are literally millions of men in this world who have lost their cool, particularly while young, and may have done something effed up in the heat of the moment. Sure, a divorce seems warranted. Sure, may civil litigation would have been appropriate at the time. And if charges were pressed and proven, maybe the guy deserved the appropriate jail time. But charges were not pressed. No guilty verdict was rendered. They divorced and moved on. There are no known accounts of him striking a women in the ensuing 15 years. Does one moment of anger at age 23 mean a guy shouldn't be permitted to have a job 15 years later?

Imagine if the Obama Administration hired a 38-year-old black man who, in 2003, got involved in a gang altercation where he beat somebody up. He plead out to a misdemeanor and did some community service or something. In the following 15 years, he got his life together, got a degree and worked his way up in the world until the Obama Administration noticed him and hired him. It would be considered a success story. A troubled young man with a troubled past got it together and ended up working for the President of the United States. That's fantastic!

LMAO. You're trolling!! I can see the Fox News headlines now. lol
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#910 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm

montestewart wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

The black eye he allegedly inflicted on his first wife happened when he was 27, along with other incidents of physical and verbal abuse. During his second marriage, he was around 32-36, and there are allegations of verbal abuse along with one physical incident. There are also allegations from a girlfriend circa 2016, when he was 39. It sounds like there may be more than just a single rash act at age 23.

I believe in forgiveness, as I've certainly been forgiven some of my own youthful rash acts. But you have to change, and if you don't, you may have to face the consequences, Democrat or Republican. We've seen quite a few Democrats and Republicans go down in flames because their words didn't mesh with their actions.

Apologies. The article I read said that his first wife was 23 during the incident, and they went to college together. I assumed he was 23 at the time as well. I stand corrected. He was 27. But I think my point still stands, unless we know more about these allegations from the girlfriend in 2016.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#911 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:06 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Let that be nate's wife, mother, sister...and I'm sure he'd be on here saying what a swell guy Porter is. :lol:

15 years.
gtn130
Analyst

Post#912 » by gtn130 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:06 pm

nate33 wrote:Imagine if the Obama Administration hired a 38-year-old black man who, in 2003, got involved in a gang altercation where he beat somebody up. He plead out to a misdemeanor and did some community service or something. In the following 15 years, he got his life together, got a degree and worked his way up in the world until the Obama Administration noticed him and hired him. It would be considered a success story. A troubled young man with a troubled past got it together and ended up working for the President of the United States. That's fantastic!

Yes Nate but these things aren't remotely similar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#913 » by nate33 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 pm

gtn130 wrote:
nate33 wrote:Imagine if the Obama Administration hired a 38-year-old black man who, in 2003, got involved in a gang altercation where he beat somebody up. He plead out to a misdemeanor and did some community service or something. In the following 15 years, he got his life together, got a degree and worked his way up in the world until the Obama Administration noticed him and hired him. It would be considered a success story. A troubled young man with a troubled past got it together and ended up working for the President of the United States. That's fantastic!

Yes, because in my scenario, the Obama hiree was actually convicted in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#914 » by verbal8 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 pm

nate33 wrote:

There are a couple big differences even if you buy the "Porter reformed" angle. First in your theoretical scenario the assault was presumably against someone of relatively equal strength. Also in the theoretical scenario the incident is out in the open(misdemeanor plea), so it doesn't have much value for blackmail purposes.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#915 » by JWizmentality » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 pm

nate33 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Let that be nate's wife, mother, sister...and I'm sure he'd be on here saying what a swell guy Porter is. :lol:

15 years.

Hypocrite.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#916 » by montestewart » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 pm

verbal8 wrote:
nate33 wrote:

There are a couple big differences even if you buy the "Porter reformed" angle. First in your theoretical scenario the assault was presumably against someone of relatively equal strength. Also in the theoretical scenario the incident is out in the open(misdemeanor plea), so it doesn't have much value for blackmail purposes.

And regardless, continued allegations regarding a bad temper and potential for violence would be relevant.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#917 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Pointgod wrote:
gtn130 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
So Democrats get penalized for their positions from decades ago that they’ve since realized was a mistake, yet Republicans positions that purposely hurt people now are ignored? That makes as much sense as saying black people should vote Republican because they used to be the anti slavery party centuries ago.

in dckingsworld:

-both parties are exactly the same no matter what. If the Rs became Nazis today (odds are live here), Democrats are equally as bad
-everyone is a rube who thinks otherwise
-he's the smart guy in the middle
-only the smart guys in the middle can understand the nuances of sustainable government

dckingsfan is an independent. I'm assuming he doesn't have allegiance to anyone party. But there are Liberals and Democrats that follow the same logic which is one way to never get any of your policies passed. :banghead:

As long as we are defining terms and they are my terms, I will put them in my own words.

In my world - I acknowledge the weaknesses in both parties. I am not unconditionally conditioned to defend either party. I know both parties current platforms and management teams (RNC and DNC) are deeply flawed.

In my world - I recognize that some may have opinions different than mine and might vote differently and they aren't rubes to do so.

In my world - We are all getting duped by both the Rs and Ds. But I have no answer for the way forward nor do I see one from either party.

In my world - I want Trump gone as soon as possible - but what I dream of is either party actually being able to govern.

In my world - sustainable government is the key and sustainable government is self evident and spans social issues and financial issues.
gtn130
Analyst

Post#918 » by gtn130 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 pm

nate33 wrote:
gtn130 wrote:

Yes, because in my scenario, the Obama hiree was actually convicted in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt.

Guess I have to spell it out for you.

It's that beating your wife at age 27 and being a reformed gang member are not moral equivalents. I know you'll never hear of it, but there are socioeconomic reasons to be in a gang. There are even cases where someone can be forced into a gang. Beating your wife on the other hand is pretty inexcusable across the board.

But this hypothetical is even more laughable when you consider that there is zero evidence Porter is even a reformed wife beater! In fact, there is only evidence to the contrary!
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#919 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 pm

gtn130 wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Big difference between being welcomed back into society and being welcomed into the White House

Boys should be boys but boys should never be POTUS (paraphrasing) or high-level POTUS aides.
gtn130
Analyst

Post#920 » by gtn130 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Nate will literally defend anything the Trump admin does. Unconditionally.

Return to Washington Wizards