ImageImageImageImageImage

Gortat throws shade at Wall

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: RE: Re: GT #52: Wizards @ Orlando Magic 7:00 PM (NBCSWA/1500 AM) 

Post#41 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 3, 2018 5:45 am

Kanyewest wrote:
Read on Twitter
Exactly!

Keep this hate.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Bye bye Beal.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Re: GT #52: Wizards @ Orlando Magic 7:00 PM (NBCSWA/1500 AM) 

Post#42 » by Jimmy Recard » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:13 am

If I were Wall i'd be asking for my Rolex back from Gortat. Really immature tweet and he just comes across as a jerk. The fact that Wall retweeted it with a ‘lol’ makes it pretty clear now that when Wall and Beal were talking about guys being negative during the team meeting they were talking about him. Dude just loves to whinge.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#43 » by dlts20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 11:57 am

I'm just sick of the narrative on Wall. If you want to say that he has sucked this year then fine but people are trying to act like Wall is the face of selfishness and that really irks me because Wall has routinely been one of the most unselfish players in the league. The league does not even have many pass 1st pgs but Wall has always been that and has been killed for passing up open shots in the lane to kick it to guys.

I don't think Beal said anything bad but if he low key took a shot at John then that is a punk move also simply for the fact that Beal wasn't always a solid ball handler and needed Wall to set the table for him. Now that he has handles, you are jealous if Wall tries to?

I love how everyone takes this one season where a guy is playing on one leg and forget how our starting 5 has been as good as any 5 man unit in the NBA. We have always moved the ball and been a top notch unit. Now you guys act like we have only averaged 70ppg every year with Wall running the show. The truth is that we might have been one of the best teams every year if we had a bench and better coaching.

Sometimes you need to step away to remember how to play but you can call Wall alot of things. Selfish isn't one of them and even if he has been that way a lil this year, it is strictly due to injury and other guys missing. Gortat always finishing soft and getting punked every game.

This guy buys the whole team rolexes and then guys throw shade? Smh. Im not even petty but they are going to know how I feel about it and even as a pro, I would have a hard time tt someone who I bought one for but is shading me. No way could I communicate with Gortat in a positive way right now.

Basically I'm saying that even if Wall has been the most selfish players of all time this season, you don't flip on the guy and act like he hasn't been selfless his whole career or act like our team hasn't been elite with him on the floor. Who has gotten guys paid more than Wall and I have never heard Wall talk about getting guys paid or helping their career but when he struggles on one leg, you can't wait to tell everyone that Wall is the reason for your struggles? Smh.

Not only that but I have heard Wall say a lot in the past that we have struggled for a stretch because he himself was playing terrible. I don't think that I have ever heard Beal, Gortat, Porter, or Morris say that themselves have sucked but Wall is the selfish guy? Porter can play bad 10 games in a row but doesn't have to face the media or be held accountable. He is a max guy and I never even hear him talk. It's easy to not have to face that accountability.

Before this 3 game win streak, we have won like 2 out of 100 games without Wall. Again he never talked about that but when we win 3 now everyone throws him under the bus despite playing through pain all season? BTW, OKC have now lost 3 in a row without Roberson and Toronto has been playing like. 500 ball lately
RealGM

Re: GT #51: Toronto Raptors @ Wizards 7:00 PM (NBCSWA/1500 AM) 

Post#44 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:13 pm

When Gortat was with Orlando he went to the Finals.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gortama01.html

He was Dwight Howard's backup for several seasons. No man who is Dwight Howard's backup is soft. As recently as last season he was physical against Dwight Howard and did not lose the match up.

I like Marcin Gortat.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#45 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:25 pm

dlts20 wrote:I'm just sick of the narrative on Wall. If you want to say that he has sucked this year then fine but people are trying to act like Wall is the face of selfishness and that really irks me because Wall has routinely been one of the most unselfish players in the league. The league does not even have many pass 1st pgs but Wall has always been that and has been killed for passing up open shots in the lane to kick it to guys.

I don't think Beal said anything bad but if he low key took a shot at John then that is a punk move also simply for the fact that Beal wasn't always a solid ball handler and needed Wall to set the table for him. Now that he has handles, you are jealous if Wall tries to?

I love how everyone takes this one season where a guy is playing on one leg and forget how our starting 5 has been as good as any 5 man unit in the NBA. We have always moved the ball and been a top notch unit. Now you guys act like we have only averaged 70ppg every year with Wall running the show. The truth is that we might have been one of the best teams every year if we had a bench and better coaching.

Sometimes you need to step away to remember how to play but you can call Wall alot of things. Selfish isn't one of them and even if he has been that way a lil this year, it is strictly due to injury and other guys missing. Gortat always finishing soft and getting punked every game.

This guy buys the whole team rolexes and then guys throw shade? Smh. Im not even petty but they are going to know how I feel about it and even as a pro, I would have a hard time tt someone who I bought one for but is shading me. No way could I communicate with Gortat in a positive way right now.

Basically I'm saying that even if Wall has been the most selfish players of all time this season, you don't flip on the guy and act like he hasn't been selfless his whole career or act like our team hasn't been elite with him on the floor. Who has gotten guys paid more than Wall and I have never heard Wall talk about getting guys paid or helping their career but when he struggles on one leg, you can't wait to tell everyone that Wall is the reason for your struggles? Smh
From a guy who's been accused of being a Wall hater:

Some people are misinformed. Some people are ignorant. Some people are just not intelligent enough to act on facts or to respect differences of opinions.

Wall is a person. I look at him as a human being first and foremost. What he does for the Wizards is perform as an athlete.

My only observations are how John performs and the choices that he makes and how his leadership effects the team--from my perspective.

I have been blogging about this team for 16 years. I watch them a lot more closer than most people. Regardless, I am just one man with an opinion.

I would never call Wall selfish. I would call him petulant at times. I would say that I think sometimes he has an attentional deficit problem. Other times I think he takes a personal challenge and tries to outscore his match up. I do think he has the type of mentality that can freeze the ball from certain players.

Gortat is getting older and his abilities are starting to wane. At the same time he's older and wiser than some of the other guys on the team.

I don't care if they're feuding publicly. Belichick and Brady don't see eye-to-eye all the damn time.

Bye bye Beal.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#46 » by dlts20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:29 pm

He is not older and wiser. He is the most immature guy on the team and has been a problem every place he has been
dlts20
RealGM

Post#47 » by dlts20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:38 pm

Bellicheck and Brady aren't on the field together. The primary play in the NBA is the p&r. If the main 2 components do not like each other then their is no way it can produce at max level. Wall used to be happy to throw a sweet dish to gortat.
RealGM

Post#48 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:55 pm

dlts20 wrote:He is not older and wiser. He is the most immature guy on the team and has been a problem every place he has been
I love it when I feel like I'm getting Insider information!

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#49 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:55 pm

dlts20 wrote:Bellicheck and Brady aren't on the field together. The primary play in the NBA is the p&r. If the main 2 components do not like each other then their is no way it can produce at max level. Wall used to be happy to throw a sweet dish to gortat.
Preach!

Bye bye Beal.
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#50 » by Shoe » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:27 pm

We're about to see this again

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#51 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:31 pm

gravytrain wrote:I'm tired of Gortat.

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:When Gortat was with Orlando he went to the Finals.

He was Dwight Howard's backup for several seasons. No man who is Dwight Howard's backup is soft. As recently as last season he was physical against Dwight Howard and did not lose the match up.

I like Marcin Gortat.

Also, Gortat was just as effective offensively in Phoenix as he was in his best seasons here; indeed he was more effective in Phoenix. So this notion that Wall made Gortat is demonstrably false.

Gortat may be a bit of a whiner, but was he wrong? Was the team not playing selfishly? Did matters not improve after Wall left the lineup?

Again, I'm not saying the team is better without Wall in long run, but it does appear that Wall has played a significant role in the team's recent dysfunction.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#52 » by DCZards » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:54 pm

nate33 wrote:

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:When Gortat was with Orlando he went to the Finals.

I like Marcin Gortat.

Also, Gortat was just as effective offensively in Phoenix as he was in his best seasons here; indeed he was more effective in Phoenix. So this notion that Wall made Gortat is demonstrably false.

Gortat may be a bit of a whiner, but was he wrong? Was the team not playing selfishly? Did matters not improve after Wall left the lineup?

Again, I'm not saying the team is better without Wall in long run, but it does appear that Wall has played a significant role in the team's recent dysfunction.

Gortat may be right about the issue but he's wrong to go public with it via social media. It's bad for team chemistry. There are some in the Zards lockerroom who will side with Marcin and others who will side with Wall. That's not a good thing.

And is it a good idea to appear to throw under the bus a teammate who everyone knows has been playing hurt (to his credit) and is fresh out of surgery? I don't recall Wall using his twitter account to slam Gortat when he plays 25 minutes and gets 2 rebounds.
RealGM

Post#53 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:58 pm

Wall said or did something that pissed this man off.

That is my assumption.

Going public on Twitter in my opinion is like a "slave" saying "free at last."

DCZ, I cannot say I disagree with you about how divisive that might be. A divided locker room is never a good locker room. I think they're just throwing shade in public now because they know everybody knows the deal. It's no secret there's no love lost.

Right or wrong it appears people (Marcin Gortat and Bradley Beal) just don't care to refrain from social media or censor their comments anymore. They are speaking freely through social media.

I think a coach can go a long way to set the tone on what is permissible and what is not. Bill Belichick has his players on lockdown when it comes to communicating. If Marcin Gortat is doing something contrary to the team I would hope Scott Brooks would have a word with him.

Bye bye Beal.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#54 » by gravytrain24 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:58 pm

nate33 wrote:

I like Marcin Gortat.

I never said that Wall made Gortat, i said Wall got him paid, his biggest and only double figure contract came after his first year with Was. The team was and had playing selfishly all season but to assume that it was Wall could also be misleading because they had missed him for 11 games before this injury and three game winning streak and looked nothing like this. Give credit to coaching for using that previous sample size and coming up with a better gameplan to better suit the players we have.
RealGM

Post#55 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm just throwing this out there:

What if the coach feels the same way this Marcin Gortat?

If I am the veteran player I am going to say exactly what I'm thinking especially if I know it will help the coach. The coach cannot cross a star player. He will get fired.

Marcin Gortat has been traded before he is not worried right now. The Wizards tipped their hand when they signed Mahinmi for my money then Gortat makes.

For all of you who are sick of Gortat:. How would you feel starting and getting paid less than Ian Mahinmi?

How would you feel if you got less minutes this season and last?

The way I see a Gortat makes supreme sacrifices for this team. This is very divisive DCZ. You're right.

Some thing should be handled behind closed doors....

They're all professionals. They get paid a lot of money. I am a retired military officer. One thing I do know is there such thing as the mission. People are really important. You cannot get the mission accomplished without them.

At the end of the day everybody's got to do their job. You can whine. You can b****. Youcan talk about each other and you can backstab...

Just get the job done and bring everybody back alive. Try to keep the morale of the team high. There are going to be some hurt feelings and bruised egos.

This stuff between Wall and Gortat is trivial to me. They can easily get past this.
Bye bye Beal.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#56 » by gravytrain24 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:08 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wall said or did something that pissed this man off.

That is my assumption.

Going public on Twitter in my opinion is like a "slave" saying "free at last."

DCZ, I cannot say I disagree with you about how divisive that might be. A divided locker room is never a good locker room. I think they're just throwing shade in public now because they know everybody knows the deal. It's no secret there's no love lost.

Right or wrong it appears people just don't care anymore. They are speaking freely through social media.

I think a coach can go a long way to set the tone on what is permissible and what is not. Bill Belichick has his players on lockdown when it comes to communicating. If Marcin Gortat is doing something contrary to the team I would hope Scott Brooks would have a word with him.

Brooks isn't going to say anything which is why i believe he went to twitter. Does Gortat really think that by posting something for everyone to see will help him and the team out now and in the long run. I can tell you it doesn't because it now its more of a media circus the rest of the season.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#57 » by dlts20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:14 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
dlts20 wrote:He is not older and wiser. He is the most immature guy on the team and has been a problem every place he has been
I love it when I feel like I'm getting Insider information!

He complained about being Howard's backup, he was a problem at the end in Phx, and he is being a problem now but yeah, inside information.

He is the one always tweeting crap, he is the one saying what someone else is going to do to another player, and he is the one emphasizing team in quotes during a 3 game win streak about Wall who isn't saying anything and bought you a Rolex. Yes he is being immature but again, that's inside information
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by gravytrain24 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:17 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I'm just throwing this out there:

What if the coach feels the same way this Marcin Gortat?

If I am the veteran player I am going to say exactly what I'm thinking especially if I know it will help the coach. The coach cannot cross a star player. He will get fired.

Marcin Gortat has been traded before he is not worried right now. The Wizards tipped their hand when they signed Mahinmi for my money then Gortat makes.

For all of you who are sick of Gortat:. How would you feel starting and getting paid less than Ian Mahinmi?

How would you feel if you got less minutes this season and last?

The way I see a Gortat makes supreme sacrifices for this team. This is very divisive DCZ. You're right.

Something should be handled behind closed doors.

If Brooks felt that way, he's the coach with 3 years left on his deal, he should be able to sit these men down and get his message across. If he gets fired a lot of people on this board would be happy with that too.

The sick question, im assuming directed at me; if i was Gortat, i would have been developing different aspects of my game throughout my time here offensively, attending non voluntary team workouts in the summer instead of doing so individually, so that decision wouldn't have had to been made. Instead of complaining and whining about it better yourself and you'll be rewarded more minutes and opportunities, i.e. Satoransky, Mike Scott.
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#59 » by Shanghai Kid » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:20 pm

The Wall hate is so strong with a few posters that it's almost as if they want a beef to exist. And in that beef they are defending the other party, but it's silly for a grown man to make a comment on Twitter when the team is on a 3 game winning streak.

Honestly this board is blowing up the '"beef" narrative more then the media. I guess to each their own, I still believe it's a non-story. I think Wall's lol was actually agreeing with Gortat as if they are on an inside joke.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#60 » by nuposse04 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:32 pm

Just because someone is older, doesn't mean they are wiser fwiw.

Gortat's immaturity with fans is fairly well documented.

Return to Washington Wizards