Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: GT #57: Bullets @ Knicks 7:30 PM (NBCSW/1500 AM) [2/14/18] 

Post#301 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
dcstanley wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Could we stop running plays where Beal dribbles the air out of the ball for a long 2?? PLEASE!!!

If one only read your posts they would think Beal went 2-15 or something

I'd rather not slide back into the same crap play that has haunted us all season. See Boston a few days ago. No hero ball, no running Beal at point for extended periods of time with Sato in the game. Beal is our best player right now, and we have a damn good thing going. So I prefer not to see old habits resurface.

Also, Beal is more of a 5-15 type of guy.

At least 5-15! I don't know how to react to last night's game - horrified that they actually fell behind by 27 in the first half or damn impressed that they overcame it. It'd be a lot easier to be damn impressed if it was against a much better team than NYK. Someone posted the schedule of the 1st 17 games after the All-star break, and every team is at least as good at NYK (saying "at least" only because NY is one of the teams).

We don't win that game without Mahinmi playing maybe his best game of the season - even though he had a bunch of to's that turned my stomach. His energy was terrific and - I think - infectious... in a good way.

It was a fun win, but it's safe to say, the team needs to be more consistent over its next 17 games.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#302 » by payitforward » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:37 pm

What a crazy game.

& what a terrible team the Knicks are.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Re: RE: Re: GT #57: Bullets @ Knicks 7:30 PM (NBCSW/1500 AM) [2/14/18] 

Post#303 » by Kanyewest » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:46 pm

FAH1223 wrote:Brooks managed Sato’s minutes pretty well. I’d have given him more but it’s understandable why he didn’t esp with the fall he took the other night

Glad the Wiz showed up. Would have sucked going into the break losing in a blowout and having the tough schedule right out of the gate.
Sato admitted postgame he felt winded in the first half. I'm glad that he played better in the second half.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#304 » by nuposse04 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Ian Mahimi actually looked like he could justify 2/3rds of his contract last night. That was probably the biggest positive for me. Gortat once again, cannot guard physically imposing centers. Prolly the most impressive thing oubre did last night was actually make an assist to a cutting Porter for an And 1 opportunity. Dude needs to learn to pass. His only offensive skill cannot be 3 pters and putting back his own absurd layup attempts.

Beal, Sato, Porter and Ian were awesome. Morris had a decent 2nd half too. Hell even meeks made shots. Good vibes heading into the all star break.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#305 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:45 am

Dat2U wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Here is the deal:

Small minds talk about people.

If I make a disparaging comment about a player that other people like... Or if I make an encouraging comment about a player that most people hate...

Small-minded people attack me personally. Argument post directed at me. Mean-spirited stuff directed at me.

I see the pattern and now I'm just going to start to ignore those people. I have already suggested that they put me on ignore but that's not their agenda.

They want to argue.

Period.

Tonight the third quarter was really outstanding and I'm glad the Wizards won.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

Show me the post where I made a personal non-basketball related attack against you. I'm sorry if you took it that way, that's not my intention. However when you throw out 'bait' like the post i responded to, don't be so surprised or upset if you get a bite.

Fair enough.

The bait post was the one that brought Cousins up in the first place. ClutchDJ did that.
Bye bye Beal.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,316

Post#306 » by NatP4 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Wall was just asked if he has learned anything while watching his team play without him?

He said no
payitforward
RealGM

Post#307 » by payitforward » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:03 am

That can mean a bunch of different things, Nat -- including that he already knew that his teammates could play well, already had positive thoughts of them, knowledge about them.

Maybe you didn't mean to draw a negative inference from the comment. But, if you did, I don't see any reason for that.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,316

Post#308 » by NatP4 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:47 am

payitforward wrote:That can mean a bunch of different things, Nat -- including that he already knew that his teammates could play well, already had positive thoughts of them, knowledge about them.

Maybe you didn't mean to draw a negative inference from the comment. But, if you did, I don't see any reason for that.

Was talking about his off ball cutting and ball movement
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,916

Post#309 » by CobraCommander » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:53 am

NatP4 wrote:
payitforward wrote:That can mean a bunch of different things, Nat -- including that he already knew that his teammates could play well, already had positive thoughts of them, knowledge about them.

Nat...what would have been an appropriate answer?

I would ask Wall...(like many business men with 100s of millions) to let his “people” prepare his public comments. I love Walls game and his story...but his honesty normally gets him in trouble because without clarifying statements and understanding the complete context of his comments, a simple “NO” can be taken multiple ways...positive or negative...

so seriously...what should he have said in your estimation?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,349

Post#310 » by nate33 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:59 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

I would ask Wall...(like many business men with 100s of millions) to let his “people” prepare his public comments. I love Walls game and his story...but his honesty normally gets him in trouble because without clarifying statements and understanding the complete context of his comments, a simple “NO” can be taken multiple ways...positive or negative...

Yeah, I can't blame Wall for that answer. What's he supposed to say?

"I didn't think my teammates were good enough to do this."
"Why did my teammates wait until now to start passing the ball and playing defense?"
"I didn't realize how much better than me Sato is."
"Jeez, I must be a selfish ball-stopper. The team passes better without me so, evidently, I suck."
"After 8 years in this league, I now realize I need to move without the ball and fight through a screen once in a while."

Basically, all answers are either critical of teammates, or really, really critical of himself. The first group of responses wouldn't help matters, and the 2nd group of responses are beyond the abilities of a typical hyper-confident NBA All-Star. You don't get to the level Wall is at while having a high level of self doubt.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#311 » by payitforward » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pm

nate33 wrote:... and the 2nd group of responses are beyond the abilities of a typical hyper-confident NBA All-Star. You don't get to the level Wall is at while having a high level of self doubt.

At least as likely: just b/c some guy asks a question that doesn't mean you answer just anybody's question at the deepest level of serious response. In fact, usually you wouldn't bother.

As far as the "hyper-confidence," sure. Then again, you also don't get to the level Wall (or any professional basketball player, for that matter) unless you know how to be self-critical towards the goal of improvement.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#312 » by FAH1223 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:19 am

nate33 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

Yeah, I can't blame Wall for that answer. What's he supposed to say?

"I didn't think my teammates were good enough to do this."
"Why did my teammates wait until now to start passing the ball and playing defense?"
"I didn't realize how much better than me Sato is."
"Jeez, I must be a selfish ball-stopper. The team passes better without me so, evidently, I suck."
"After 8 years in this league, I now realize I need to move without the ball and fight through a screen once in a while."

Basically, all answers are either critical of teammates, or really, really critical of himself. The first group of responses wouldn't help matters, and the 2nd group of responses are beyond the abilities of a typical hyper-confident NBA All-Star. You don't get to the level Wall is at while having a high level of self doubt.

Wall was ruined by Ted Leonsis.

Should have fired Ernie in 2010. Hired a new GM. Who would have eventually hired a new HC.

We could have gotten someone to have a staff with a legit offensive system with motion and passing rather than the Flip Saunders outdated offense that was used until 2016.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#313 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Remember, right after he was drafted, when the Wiz introduced him for a press conference to welcome him to DC, they literally rolled out a red carpet for him. They pushed him to be The Star - the proverbial face of the franchise. And they've "sold" that to the buying publice ever since then. And until this season, there was never any question as to who's team this was. Aside from some national media clowns, there was nothing but praise for him. This is really the first time he's dealing with personal adversity from the local basketball community, and it's taking him some time to adjust to it. Bottom line - everything depends on how things go in the playoffs, and actions will speak louder than words.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,916

Post#314 » by CobraCommander » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:33 am

Ruzious wrote:Remember, right after he was drafted, when the Wiz introduced him for a press conference to welcome him to DC, they literally rolled out a red carpet for him. They pushed him to be The Star - the proverbial face of the franchise. And they've "sold" that to the buying publice ever since then. And until this season, there was never any question as to who's team this was. Aside from some national media clowns, there was nothing but praise for him. This is really the first time he's dealing with personal adversity from the local basketball community, and it's taking him some time to adjust to it. Bottom line - everything depends on how things go in the playoffs, and actions will speak louder than words.

I agree...but damn i wish my adversitiy was his “adversity”...SuperMax, AllStar, AllNBA team and having a off year possibly cause he was hurt before he went out and he still avg 19 and 9... his bad times are better than my good times...F! :banghead: :noway:
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#315 » by queridiculo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:44 pm

So the Wizards went 7-2 in Wall's absence, but man, this upcoming stretch is brutal.

6 to 8 weeks was the prognosis, so I'd imagine the earliest we'd see Wall back is the small homestand starting on March 23rd with a game against the Nuggets.

The 14 games leading up to that:

@ Cavs
vs. Hornets (b2b)
vs. Sixers
@ Bucks
vs. Warriors (b2b)
vs. Raptors
vs. Pacers
vs. Heat
@ Pelicans
@ Heat
vs. Wolves
@ Celtics
vs. Pacers
@ Spurs

8 of those games coming at home is obviously huge, but damn, there's absolutely no margin for error here.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#316 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:52 pm

queridiculo wrote:So the Wizards went 7-2 in Wall's absence, but man, this upcoming stretch is brutal.

6 to 8 weeks was the prognosis, so I'd imagine the earliest we'd see Wall back is the small homestand starting on March 23rd with a game against the Nuggets.

The 14 games leading up to that:

@ Cavs
vs. Hornets (b2b)
vs. Sixers
@ Bucks
vs. Warriors (b2b)
vs. Raptors
vs. Pacers
vs. Heat
@ Pelicans
@ Heat
vs. Wolves
@ Celtics
vs. Pacers
@ Spurs

8 of those games coming at home is obviously huge, but damn, there's absolutely no margin for error here.

The good thing? They get up to play above .500 teams.

The Bucks have owned us. We ain't beating GSW. We never win at Spurs.

I'd say the rest are get-able

Return to Washington Wizards