ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVI 

Post#121 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:20 am

I would call the nets and try to see if our 2019 first could get a ian and morris for howard and maybe dinwiddie deal done. A gortat to the kings for kofus or temple makes sense . maybe we can get lucky and steal giles from a stupider team than we are.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#122 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:00 am

I figured it out.
Ian and kelley for kofus, temple and giles.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#123 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:44 pm

Jay81 wrote:everytime we make a questionable draft pick...everyone says...a trade has to be coming..no way we need another(xxx type player). And the trade never comes!

It's like when a weatherman predicts a snowstorm which never comes.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#124 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:39 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I figured it out.

Why exactly would the Kings do that? Unless you meant to include a future pick, in which case I think you'd need to take Oubre out or we'd be overpaying for a salary dump.

But Mahinmi+first for Koufos+Temple is something I would consider.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#125 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I figured it out.

Why exactly would the Kings do that? Unless you meant to include a future pick, in which case I think you'd need to take Oubre out or we'd be overpaying for a salary dump.

But Mahinmi+first for Koufos+Temple is something I would consider.

Well, kelley is seen as a valuable young player. I mentioned ian and 2019 first for temple and kofus but in that case I would insist on giles being in the trade but, i wouldn't need giles, the reason i mentioned giles is look who the kings drafted. and with giles being an injury risk they might not mind getting rid of him to get a young player of a position of need or a pick. take giles out of the talk and Ian and kelley for kofus and temple or ian and 2019 first for kofus and temple, to me would still be almost worth it. but to most it would be a waste of an asset to fix a mistake.
To me I call the nets and ask for Howard and dinwiddie for Ian, some combo of filler (morris, meeks, smith) and one of 2019 first or kelley.
IDK I feel like I think we can move ian, if mozgov got moved we can move ian. then trade gortat for some cap relief and move on.
Rand McNally
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#126 » by Rand McNally » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:33 am

Gortat, Oubre, Jason Smith for Gallinari
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#127 » by payitforward » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:51 am

Rand McNally wrote:Gortat, Oubre, Jason Smith for Gallinari

No can do for salary reasons -- & other reasons as well. But it would be absolutely impossible to absorb his salary.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#128 » by truwizfan4evr » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:31 am

He's good but we have Porter and Morris. I want a center no more small forwards.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#129 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:09 am

Kings aren’t trading Bagley or Giles. They are our 4-5’s of the future. If you want to talk another big for one of your glut of SF’s we should talk.
JAR69
Senior
And1: 224

Post#130 » by JAR69 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Ruzious wrote:
JAR69 wrote:Why do I have the feeling that Sato is going to be the price to dump Gortat? Denver is a logical destination for Sato - they could use a cheap backup PG - but they have no room for Gortat. Sacto could also make sense, with some combination of Koufos and Temple coming back.

I think they keep Sato. His versatility should be utilized more next season, and with so little depth on the roster, this team needs him.

I would rather keep him, too, but if Temple is coming back you still get some of the versatility. And with the "versatile" Troy Brown now drafted ...
"It takes talent, strategy and millions of dollars to compete in the N.B.A. But regret is the league’s greatest currency." - Howard Beck
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#131 » by truwizfan4evr » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:16 pm

someone, please explain to me what the hell are we going to get in a Gortat trade? He has like no value around the league, it's like trying to sell a bag of old rotten potatoes. a scrub big man for another exchange?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#132 » by Eli Babak » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Some Mavs fans want him, I'd love to do something like Gortat + cash for Maxi Kleber and cap space. Very likely we'd have to add a second rounder as a sweetener. I'm really surprised if Ernie can pull off a trade where Wizards end up winners.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#133 » by truwizfan4evr » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Eli Babak wrote:Some Mavs fans want him, I'd love to do something like Gortat + cash for Maxi Kleber and cap space. Very likely we'd have to add a second rounder as a sweetener. I'm really surprised if Ernie can pull off a trade where Wizards end up winners.

That trade will have no impact on this team.
Rand McNally
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#134 » by Rand McNally » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:07 pm

payitforward wrote:

No can do for salary reasons -- & other reasons as well. But it would be absolutely impossible to absorb his salary.

What if they found a way to get off Mahinmi next year?
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#135 » by Eli Babak » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:26 am

truwizfan4evr wrote:
Eli Babak wrote:Some Mavs fans want him, I'd love to do something like Gortat + cash for Maxi Kleber and cap space. Very likely we'd have to add a second rounder as a sweetener. I'm really surprised if Ernie can pull off a trade where Wizards end up winners.

They'd be paying $114,081,656 for 11 players so they would be $8,918,344 under the tax line. Dump Smith and have ~14M to play with. There should be plenty of solid centers available in free agency and who knows what happens with Oubre (or Porter). I'm afraid Ernie's looking at making some big move that's gonna hurt us badly in the long run.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#136 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:42 am

EG is not planning on making any big moves, he just wants to get under the tax which Gortat should be easy enough to move, Ian would take more effort. Smith and Meeks and morris would be harder because they have little value beyond being 1 year deals.
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#137 » by rl25g » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:17 am

If the Kings would do the trade suggested earlier in the thread of Mahinmi+2019 First for Temple/Koufus I would do it in a heartbeat.
Koufus is a pretty decent backup center who knows his role and I would hope adding Temple back could help the locker room chemistry. Most importantly, both are expiring contracts.

I would then try and trade Gortat. Either to Charlotte for Cody Zeller straight up, which would help Charlotte a lot with their cap situation next year, or to a team like the Mavs into their cap space (which I prefer).
If it is the latter trade I'd go all in on signing Noel to a deal. Noel fits just perfect....hopefully John is working that Kentucky connect.

We'd look like this:

Wall/Sato/Lawson or vet
Beal/Temple/Meeks
Oubre/Brown/Robinson (?)
Porter/Morris/White (?)
Noel or Zeller/Koufus/Smith

I am also cautiously optimistic that by having a d-league team we would actually use both two contracts as well.
good basketball.. simple living.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#138 » by Dat2U » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:43 pm

I think Philly is the favorite for Kawhi, mainly b/c I don't see Ainge offering up either Brown or Tatum for a one year rental - maybe they offer a deal built around Rozier. Philly may risk a package centered around Covington, Fultz & a pick but Fultz has zero value and SA may want more.

The problem is Leonard's desire to go to LA. Who is willing to give up a major asset for a one year rental out east?

I wouldn't consider Beal or Porter for a one year rental. Maybe a package built Oubre & Sato with add'l filler?
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#139 » by Dat2U » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:55 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:

That would actually be a great deal.

However I'm beginning to doubt that a team will just absorb Gortat's salary without significant incentive. More than likely the Wizards just end up swapping Gortat for another washed vet on an expiring.

A deal I could see is Gortat + Smith for Wes Matthews.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#140 » by DCZards » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Dat2U wrote:I think Philly is the favorite for Kawhi, mainly b/c I don't see Ainge offering up either Brown or Tatum for a one year rental - maybe they offer a deal built around Rozier. Philly may risk a package centered around Covington, Fultz & a pick but Fultz has zero value and SA may want more.

The problem is Leonard's desire to go to LA. Who is willing to give up a major asset for a one year rental out east?

I wouldn't consider Beal or Porter for a one year rental. Maybe a package built Oubre & Sato with add'l filler?

I don't see any team giving up anything valuable for Leonard unless they are convinced that there's a good possibility that he'd be more than a one-year rental. Right now, Kawhi seems determined to end up in LA at least by the 2019-20 season and that's a problem in any trade scenario...other than a trade to one of the LA teams.

I'd be reluctant to trade Oubre and Sato for Leonard if I didn't think I could sign Kawhi to a long-term deal.

Return to Washington Wizards