Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVI 

Post#1261 » by payitforward » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Dark Faze wrote:
payitforward wrote:Ridiculous. Same thing over & over....

Jimmy Butler isn't picking up his $19m offer next off season.
If Dwight Howard has a good season, he isn't picking up his $5+m option either.

Already accounted for Butler's extension.

Neither this team nor any other team can afford to have 3 max contracts plus a super-max contract.

Dark Faze wrote:As for Dwight--are we forgetting he had a stellar season last year while missing zero games? Sure, if he replicates that, he'll decline the option, but there's no reason to believe he'll get a "big" deal.

What's "big?" He'll certainly be able to attract an offer over $5.3m. Any success means he turns down his option. & you are planning on success: see below "...an ECF"

Dark Faze wrote:
payitforward wrote:The Rockets have already contended for a title. They came within 1 game of winning the West (& likely a title). The Warriors on a title run.

The Wizards were tossed aside in 6 games in R1 of the East last year. We are not the Rockets, & we are not the Warriors.

Hence, this has nothing to do with Ted wanting or not wanting to "field a winner." There is no way we can acquire Jimmy Butler. There is also no reason we should want to acquire Jimmy Butler (since he'll leave at the end of the year). &, finally, there is no reason Jimmy Butler would want to come here & waste this season.

Give it up.

The year before that they took a very good Celtics team to 7 games. And losing in 6 to last years Raptors with Otto Porter on one leg and John recovering from a bunch of games off is no shame at all. Jimmy was willing to play for the Knicks and Nets--I'm pretty sure if he reached an ECF with us he'd be willing to extend.

We won 49 games that year, 2 years ago, & it was the most in many decades. & it wasn't last year that it happened. We're not coming off of success. Moreover, we LOST to the Celtics in R2 that year. That doesn't begin to equate to the Rockets.

Do you seriously think we're as good a team as the Rockets? For the sake of your sanity, I sure hope not.

The Knicks are NYC. There's a huge financial opportunity for him to play in NYC. As for the Nets, they have a good GM. How long do you think it'll be before they waltz by us? The way the Celtics have. The way Philly has. The way Milwaukee has. The way Indy has.

How long do you think it'll be before Atlanta pushes us out of the way, for that matter?
Dark Faze wrote:I'm not particularly advocating for the move by the way. My response about the subject was about the extreme negativity posters like you have to any suggestion for going all in on a 4th star for this team in general.

Sure you are. & if you were right in the sequence of claims you make, you'd be right to be doing it!

It's not "negativity" that makes me (or anyone) understand that we can't add a 4th max salary. It's common sense.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1262 » by Dat2U » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:31 pm

Ruzious wrote:
dangermouse wrote:Rox offering 4 1st rounders for Jimmy.

Surely they would rather send him across the map instead of to a conference rival? Plus they owe us for the 5th pick that one time.

Two firsts, Oubre, Rivers and Smith. Just go all in now.

2 firsts? Why do you hate the Wizards? Actually, I don't mind so much trading the 2019 first, but trading any future 1sts could turn out to be a Monumental (pun intended) mistake. And even if we get Butler, we'd still be behind Boston and Toronto and probably still behind Milwaukee and Philly - given the combo of talent and coaching - we're surrounded by better coaches. Getting a 1 year rental of Butler is defnitely not worth mortgaging the future.

Houston's offer of 4 picks is probably a couple of late 1sts with some protections on the picks in the later years. Alot depends what Houston is sending salary wise in return. If they want the Wolves to take Ryan Anderson that deal might not have as much appeal as one would think.

As far as the Wizards. I know were not getting him but to say a Wall/Beal/Butler/Porter core is only 5th best in the East is ignoring how good Butler is. He adds a minimum of 10 wins to this team - arguably more if Rivers or Morris & Oubre are part the trade. He's arguably a top 10 player. While KAT wilted under Butler's intense on & off court presence I think Wall & Beal could use a healthy dose of Jimmy. If any of his intensity, effort and focus can rub off on them then that alone may be worth a pick or two.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,018

Post#1263 » by dckingsfan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:07 pm

So, time to blow it up yet?

It seems that Porter/Satoransky should be the first to go given how Brooks views them. And Mahimni needs to go with them?

Porter/Mahimni to the Kings for expiring contracts... not sure of all the details. But this should get us under the cap. I would be great to get a pick and one of the young PFs as well.

Satoransky to the Suns or Spurs (more under the cap).

It would leave us with Wall, Beal, (resign) Oubre, Brown, Howard at $73M + Oubre.

The other option would be to move Wall/Beal - but that is NEVER going to happen - they are the face of the franchise.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#1264 » by sixers4real » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Would you guys trade Beal for
Fultz + Saric + Smith + Bayless (expiring) + MIA 2021 unprotected
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1265 » by queridiculo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:43 pm

sixers4real wrote:Would you guys trade Beal for

No.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1266 » by FAH1223 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:06 pm

dckingsfan wrote:So, time to blow it up yet?

It seems that Porter/Satoransky should be the first to go given how Brooks views them. And Mahimni needs to go with them?

Porter/Mahimni to the Kings for expiring contracts... not sure of all the details. But this should get us under the cap. I would be great to get a pick and one of the young PFs as well.

Satoransky to the Suns or Spurs (more under the cap).

It would leave us with Wall, Beal, (resign) Oubre, Brown, Howard at $73M + Oubre.

The other option would be to move Wall/Beal - but that is NEVER going to happen - they are the face of the franchise.

It would be #SoWizards to trade the highest IQ players on the roster who move without the ball. :lol:

Trading Otto for room under the salary cap is pointless IMO. The cap is increasing as is the luxury tax threshold.

Otto has much more value than for expirings..
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1267 » by payitforward » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:10 pm

queridiculo wrote:

No.

?
I would, in principle, but with a slight change. Your deal only drops our salary by $7m, meaning it leaves us still over the tax. Since you don't have a tax problem, & given that your FO hasn't yet guaranteed T.J. McConnell, I'd want him instead of Bayless.

I say "in principle" b/c this would leave us with 16 players. So we'd need another team to take either Fultz or Saric & give us a pick not a player.

You obviously make out in this trade, in that Beal is better than Fultz, Saric, Smith or McConnell. OTOH, you have a little problem in that you would need to add a couple of players.

What's good about the trade for us is that it will be extremely hard to retain all 3 of Wall/Beal/Porter & still have any flexibility to make any moves -- which I'd say it's obvious that we need to do!

But, I might be the only poster here who would be interested in this deal -- &, as I say, it would have to be McConnell not Bayless.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1268 » by Dat2U » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 am

payitforward wrote:
queridiculo wrote:

No.

?
I would, in principle, but with a slight change. Your deal only drops our salary by $7m, meaning it leaves us still over the tax. Since you don't have a tax problem, & given that your FO hasn't yet guaranteed T.J. McConnell, I'd want him instead of Bayless.

I say "in principle" b/c this would leave us with 16 players. So we'd need another team to take either Fultz or Saric & give us a pick not a player.

You obviously make out in this trade, in that Beal is better than Fultz, Saric, Smith or McConnell. OTOH, you have a little problem in that you would need to add a couple of players.

What's good about the trade for us is that it will be extremely hard to retain all 3 of Wall/Beal/Porter & still have any flexibility to make any moves -- which I'd say it's obvious that we need to do!

But, I might be the only poster here who would be interested in this deal -- &, as I say, it would have to be McConnell not Bayless.

I never quite understood the fascination with McConnell. A capable backup but that's just it. And there are plenty of those despite Ernie's incompetence in finding them.

I also have a very low opinion of Fultz and the idea of adding a guard with a shaky jumper and shaky mental makeup just isn't appealing to me.
Jaekast
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#1269 » by Jaekast » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:35 am

:banghead:
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#1270 » by Jaekast » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:45 am

Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#1271 » by Jaekast » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:51 am

Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#1272 » by Jaekast » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:53 am

Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#1273 » by Jaekast » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:57 am

You guys have become ok with the product shoveled down your throat every year. We suck. Embrace that. Let that be fuel for change.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#1274 » by Jaekast » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:00 am

Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#1275 » by Jaekast » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:17 am

BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1276 » by BigA » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:18 am

Jaekast wrote:The mantle of leadership is too heavy of a burden for John. He wasn't built for this. Sell high.

Sell high on Wall? Might be too late for that. Although I will say that Ernie's best performance as Wizards GM was when he was blowing things up 2010-2011.
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#1277 » by trast66 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:09 am

Wall, Ian, Smith, Rivers, 1st for
Conley, Parsons
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#1278 » by dangermouse » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 am

trast66 wrote:Wall, Ian, Smith, Rivers, 1st for
Conley, Parsons

No Ernie, no.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1279 » by queridiculo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:57 am

Jaekast wrote:We need to sell high. We need Mandingo bloodline warriors on this roster instead of broken black men. Otto is weak. Beal had chest problems. (We get it you dont have a f........ heart) John Wall is a boy.

So is somebody going to suspend this racist prick?
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#1280 » by Jaekast » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 am

Sorry, delete my posts. I can feel the SJWs gathering their torches and pitchforks. I apologize.

Return to Washington Wizards