ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVI 

Post#1621 » by Induveca » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:30 pm

If Redick would agree to a wink wink deal next year at a reasonable rate, I’d happily ship out Beal for Redick/Chandler.

Worst case scenario we shed Beal’s contract, and shed all of Beal’s salary. Best case Redick and Wall aren’t a horrible experiment, and he resigns at his current 10M range.

I’d happily follow that up with a Porter to NO for Randle deal.

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

Not a beautiful lineup, but it’s one with far more flexibility. And if we’re honest not a step down from our current roster. I’d love to trade Morris as well, but I’d just leave him on the bench.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#1622 » by truwizfan4evr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Induveca wrote:If Redick would agree to a wink wink deal next year at a reasonable rate, I’d happily ship out Beal for Redick/Chandler.

Worst case scenario we shed Beal’s contract, and shed all of Beal’s salary. Best case Redick and Wall aren’t a horrible experiment, and he resigns at his current 10M range.

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

Not a beautiful lineup, but it’s one with far more flexibility. And if we’re honest not a step down from our current roster.

Horrible idea! Beal to philly ? That be the biggest regret in this franchise history.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1623 » by Induveca » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:39 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:
Induveca wrote:If Redick would agree to a wink wink deal next year at a reasonable rate, I’d happily ship out Beal for Redick/Chandler.

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

Not a beautiful lineup, but it’s one with far more flexibility. And if we’re honest not a step down from our current roster.

Horrible idea! Beal to philly ? That be the biggest regret in this franchise history.

If the goal is go get out of this rut quickly and create some cap space? Gotta disagree. Philadelphia would do the deal, and probably throw in a pick. That melts one max contract with zero risk. Redick may even be a better fit, and if he’s not bench him for the tank.

We’re going to have to keep Wall I think, and pray NO or an unknown takes Porter. Go full tank for the year, sign Carmelo and make Buckhantz happy with the Maryland connection bricking long 2s.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1624 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

Not a beautiful lineup, but it’s one with far more flexibility. And if we’re honest not a step down from our current roster. I’d love to trade Morris as well, but I’d just leave him on the bench.

Redick's a good player, but he's 34, and Chandler's like... Kwame Brown's age. And Eddie Currie. Damn that draft. But I guess you want Chandler just for filler. That lineup seems like such a patchwork job - not sure we could depend on any of the front-court players to be consistently good.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1625 » by Induveca » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

Redick's a good player, but he's 34, and Chandler's like... Kwame Brown's age. And Eddie Currie. Damn that draft. But I guess you want Chandler just for filler. That lineup seems like such a patchwork job - not sure we could depend on any of the front-court players to be consistently good.

I don’t expect them to be, I’m going for the one year tank. I’ve always liked Randle, he continuously improves. He could mesh well with Wall.

And let’s be honest about Howard he’s already going to be out until the All-Star break with this drama.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#1626 » by truwizfan4evr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Induveca wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

If the goal is go get out of this rut quickly and create some cap space? Gotta disagree. Philadelphia would do the deal, and probably throw in a pick. That melts one max contract with zero risk. Redick may even be a better fit, and if he’s not bench him for the tank.

We’re going to have to keep Wall I think, and pray NO or an unknown takes Porter. Go full tank for the year, sign Carmelo and make Buckhantz happy with the Maryland connection bricking long 2s.

Are you out your mind? Not only would that make philly the best team in east but we get back some old end of the road players? i would rather keep Beal. That's a disaster deal lol. What's the point of cap space when any good free agent would come here?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1627 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1628 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Induveca wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

I don’t expect them to be, I’m going for the one year tank.

Then trading for Redick makes no sense.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1629 » by Induveca » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:
Induveca wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:Horrible idea! Beal to philly ? That be the biggest regret in this franchise history.

Are you out your mind? Not only would that make philly the best team in east but we get back some old end of the road players? i would rather keep Beal. That's a disaster deal lol. What's the point of cap space when any good free agent would come here?

They are both expiring players. If we trade Beal for nothing but cap space I’m fine with that. We’ll be in the lottery this year.

I’d be all in the tank for a Duke player this year (preference Williamson of course).
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1630 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Induveca wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:
Induveca wrote:

They are both expiring players. If we trade Beal for nothing but cap space I’m fine with that. We’ll be in the lottery this year.

I’d be all in the tank for a Duke player this year (preference Williamson of course).

That's where the disconnect is. Beal's probably our best trade chip. We need to get value for him if we trade him.
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1631 » by Induveca » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Induveca wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Redick's a good player, but he's 34, and Chandler's like... Kwame Brown's age. And Eddie Currie. Damn that draft. But I guess you want Chandler just for filler. That lineup seems like such a patchwork job - not sure we could depend on any of the front-court players to be consistently good.

Ship him out at the trade deadline, but if we are stuck with Wall/Porter then at least this gives us flexibility at the end of the year and can completely shed one max contract. Ask for their Sacramento pick too, they’d include it....

I’m just looking for flexibility. I’d rethink this trade if we found a similar true dump of Porter. I just don’t see one?

If the choice is 2-3 years of lesser talent, or going for the tank/clearing a max space while still pursuing a Porter trade? I’m quite happy with shedding one max contract, and the prize being a higher lottery pick and financial flexibility.

Yes I’m advocating for starting over around Wall/Brown/Oubre etc. Get some picks and/or lesser contracts around the trade deadline for Morris, Green, Rivers.

It’s a dream irregardless, EG isn’t starting over.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#1632 » by truwizfan4evr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Induveca wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Induveca wrote:

Ship him out at the trade deadline, but if we are stuck with Wall/Porter then at least this gives us flexibility at the end of the year and can completely shed one max contract.

I’m just looking for flexibility. I’d rethink this trade if we found a similar true dump of Porter. I just don’t see one?

If the choice is 2-3 years of lesser talent, or going for the tank/clearing a max space while still pursuing a Porter trade? I’m quite happy with shedding one max contract, and the prize being a higher lottery pick and financial flexibility.

why not trade him to a team going to be in the lottery already?
gesa2
Rookie
And1: 251

Post#1633 » by gesa2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

!!!!!!!!!!
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#1634 » by truwizfan4evr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:01 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:
Induveca wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Then trading for Redick makes no sense.

Ship him out at the trade deadline, but if we are stuck with Wall/Porter then at least this gives us flexibility at the end of the year and can completely shed one max contract.

why not trade him to a team going to be in the lottery already?

I would rather have high draft picks for him.
owneroz
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#1635 » by owneroz » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Induveca wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:Are you out your mind? Not only would that make philly the best team in east but we get back some old end of the road players? i would rather keep Beal. That's a disaster deal lol. What's the point of cap space when any good free agent would come here?

That's where the disconnect is. Beal's probably our best trade chip. We need to get value for him if we trade him.

I feel as trading Beal is a mistake. There is no synergy between him and Wall on the court. Wall absolutely needs to find a new home. Rumors are just that, rumors but be that as it may a shake up is in need. I personally am tired of hearing there’s time to bounce out of this funk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1636 » by Induveca » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 pm

I don’t see LeBron James waiting on Ball. Ball/KCP/pick for Wall was supposedly on the table over the summer.

I’d happily take that, the Ball circus has died down.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1637 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:27 pm

gesa2 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

!!!!!!!!!!

I know. :lol: Still, I take it as a good sign that a reasonable offer was made. It would be a better sign if EG is fired soon, and Ted tells the new guy to clean house.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1638 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

Redick is a really good player, possibly even better than Beal, but he's 34. Trading Beal for him is basically giving Beal away for the cap savings. It doesn't make any sense to me at all.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1639 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:37 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Very interesting.

Kevin is coming at it from the perspective of a Wizards fan (even if he is better than most at remaining objective). If he says it's good for the Wizards, it's probably a good deal indeed.

Make the deal!

Then fire EG. Brooks can remain for the year as tank commander.
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1640 » by Induveca » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:39 pm

nate33 wrote:

Wall
Redick
Oubre
Randle
Howard

Redick is a really good player, possibly even better than Beal, but he's 34. Trading Beal for him is basically giving Beal away for the cap savings. It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Admittedly I’m looking to start over. And I don’t do the deal unless Wall and/or Porter are on their way out as well.

If the Lakers supposed offer of Ball+KCP (which can’t be made until Dec 15th) is indeed back on the table? Changes my outlook.

Return to Washington Wizards