ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVI 

Post#1961 » by Sactowndog » Sat Dec 1, 2018 5:45 pm

Ruzious wrote:I've got an "EG fix his mistakes trade" that gets us out of lux tax hell AND gives us a chance to get to the playoffs and not get blown out in the first round. Of course, it does involve giving up a 1st round pick - but hey, Ernie doesn't mind - he keeps his job:

Sacramento has a somewhat unknown 6'10 PF who's leading the NBA in 3 point shooting percentage - Nemanja Bjelica. He's 30, so he's not a major part of their future, but he can help a team like the Wiz this season. Wiz get Bjeiica and Shumpert (who's better than Oubre now and expiring) for Oubre, Mahinmi, and a 1st. Wiz save a TON of money and get better short-term. Sac gives Oubre a chance and get a 1st.

And EG gets to say he's doing this to get a big to take Howard's minutes.

I think the title was Kings interested in Porter. Of course that’s at the water is wet level. But if we want Oubre we will just sign him for 20M in the fall to hit the salary cap floor. No way in hell we give up Beli and take on cash when we could just spend it directly on Oubre.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1962 » by Dat2U » Sat Dec 1, 2018 5:50 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I've got an "EG fix his mistakes trade" that gets us out of lux tax hell AND gives us a chance to get to the playoffs and not get blown out in the first round. Of course, it does involve giving up a 1st round pick - but hey, Ernie doesn't mind - he keeps his job:

Sacramento has a somewhat unknown 6'10 PF who's leading the NBA in 3 point shooting percentage - Nemanja Bjelica. He's 30, so he's not a major part of their future, but he can help a team like the Wiz this season. Wiz get Bjeiica and Shumpert (who's better than Oubre now and expiring) for Oubre, Mahinmi, and a 1st. Wiz save a TON of money and get better short-term. Sac gives Oubre a chance and get a 1st.

I think the title was Kings interested in Porter. Of course that’s at the water is wet level. But if we want Oubre we will just sign him for 20M in the fall to hit the salary cap floor. No way in hell we give up Beli and take on cash when we could just spend it directly on Oubre.

Man I hope Sacramento pays Oubre $20 million a year. That will be funny. I would enjoy watching that very much.
Sactowndog

Post#1963 » by Sactowndog » Sat Dec 1, 2018 5:56 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Please pay Oubre $20 million a year. That will be funny. I would enjoy watching that very much.

Wouldn’t be a problem. The Kings need to spend that much just to hit the salary floor.

Part of the calculation Washington has to make is the Kings can ( and likely will) sign Oubre to an overpay the Wiz can’t match. So do you get something for Porter now or watch Oubre walk later.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#1964 » by dckingsfan » Sat Dec 1, 2018 6:02 pm

Oubre would be the worst thing that could happen to the Kings right now, IMO.
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#1965 » by popper » Sat Dec 1, 2018 6:04 pm

Besides the Kings, I gotta believe there's at least one other team, if not two, that are competing for Porter's services. At least I hope so.
Sactowndog

Post#1966 » by Sactowndog » Sat Dec 1, 2018 6:24 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Oubre would be the worst thing that could happen to the Kings right now, IMO.

Have you seen our small forwards????
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#1967 » by DCZards » Sat Dec 1, 2018 6:48 pm

Dub post
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#1968 » by Induveca » Sat Dec 1, 2018 7:05 pm

I’ll give Oubre the year but, 6 years of Porter. He is what he is.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1969 » by payitforward » Sat Dec 1, 2018 7:21 pm

Induveca wrote:I’ll give Oubre the year but, 6 years of Porter. He is what he is.

Yup. One of the best young players in the league.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Eli Babak
Senior
And1: 506

Post#1970 » by Eli Babak » Sat Dec 1, 2018 8:10 pm

Porter is a good player, but badly overpaid. However, Oubre hasn't improved nowhere enough to take Porter's spot. I'd be fine with Oubre+Rivers to Sacramento for cap space+2nd+fillers (Rivers because it makes no sense to pay in order to move Mahinmi & Oubre's value must've dropped lately & these guys can't play winning basketball anyway. Sadly Leonsis is satisfied with 8th seed and then it's all about luck and getting hot...).
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#1971 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 8:18 pm

I'd probably even do Oubre + Jason Smith to Sacramento for a top 55 protected 2nd rounder. We're not keeping Oubre anyhow. Let's at least get out of the luxtax so that Ted saves enough money that he considers keeping Sato. In the meantime, we get to play Brown some more.

Sacramento sacrifices nothing of value to give Oubre a 60-game test run to see if it's worth it to try and sign him in the offseason.
Sactowndog

Post#1972 » by Sactowndog » Sat Dec 1, 2018 9:22 pm

nate33 wrote:I'd probably even do Oubre + Jason Smith to Sacramento for a top 55 protected 2nd rounder. We're not keeping Oubre anyhow. Let's at least get out of the luxtax so that Ted saves enough money that he considers keeping Sato. In the meantime, we get to play Brown some more.

Sacramento sacrifices nothing of value to give Oubre a 60-game test run to see if it's worth it to try and sign him in the offseason.

I think the Kings would do that trade. Get you out of the Luxary Tax for Oubre.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1973 » by dckingsfan » Sat Dec 1, 2018 10:13 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Oubre would be the worst thing that could happen to the Kings right now, IMO.

Yep - watch every Kings game thus far.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1974 » by queridiculo » Sat Dec 1, 2018 10:22 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
Part of the calculation Washington has to make is the Kings can ( and likely will) sign Oubre to an overpay the Wiz can’t match. So do you get something for Porter now or watch Oubre walk later.

:roll: yeah, the Wizards losing Oubre is really keeping me up at night..
Sactowndog

Post#1975 » by Sactowndog » Sun Dec 2, 2018 3:02 am

queridiculo wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

:roll: yeah, the Wizards losing Oubre is really keeping me up at night..

That’s why I said it’s part of calculation versus a determining factor. Washington can weight however they see fit.
Sactowndog

Post#1976 » by Sactowndog » Sun Dec 2, 2018 3:04 am

dckingsfan wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Then you know :nonono:
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1977 » by dckingsfan » Sun Dec 2, 2018 3:50 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:Have you seen our small forwards????

Then you know :nonono:

Yep, but... But you don't need Oubre jacking up shots next to Hield. And you have Fox/Bogs who distribute the ball really well. And D is more important than offense, given that the team scores easily (Shumpert is still a better defender than Oubre).

What you need is someone like Porter - not Oubre, IMO.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#1978 » by BoogieTime » Sun Dec 2, 2018 4:32 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
nate33 wrote:I'd probably even do Oubre + Jason Smith to Sacramento for a top 55 protected 2nd rounder. We're not keeping Oubre anyhow. Let's at least get out of the luxtax so that Ted saves enough money that he considers keeping Sato. In the meantime, we get to play Brown some more.

I don’t. He’s not good. I’m sure the Wizards have broached the issue before.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1979 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 4:37 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

I don’t. He’s not good. I’m sure the Wizards have broached the issue before.

It really comes down to what is the value of that cap space. What teams out there are willing to give Sacramento more in return for Sacramento absorbing salary?

I don't know the answer to that question and I suspect Sacramento is going to wait until the Trade Deadline to find the best offer.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1980 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 4:39 pm

Trade thread continues here.

Return to Washington Wizards