Pickup Basketball around Towson, MD

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Pickup Basketball around Towson, MD 

Post#1 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 am

Hello,

Lakers fan here. I come in peace. I figured the Baltimore/Towson area basketball fans are probably Wizards fans so my question would be answered here.
I am moving close to Towson, MD and Id like to know if anybody knows where I can play some good INDOOR Pick up Basketball?
I am thinking of joining LA Fitness at Towson Commons, unless there are any better recommendations.
I can consider outdoor if the drive is worth it, but prefer indoors.

Thanks in advance! :peace:
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Re: Pickup Basketball around Towson, MD 

Post#2 » by 80sballboy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:04 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:Hello,

Lakers fan here. I come in peace. I figured the Baltimore/Towson area basketball fans are probably Wizards fans so my question would be answered here.
I am moving close to Towson, MD and Id like to know if anybody knows where I can play some good INDOOR Pick up Basketball?
I am thinking of joining LA Fitness at Towson Commons, unless there are any better recommendations.

I belong to Brick Bodies in Cockeysville, which is about 10 minutes from Towson (North 83 or just down York Rd). They have a nice full court and baskets on the side. There are outdoor courts on Kenilworth Drive across from Towson Woods Apts that are ok. Towson University has Burdick Gym, which looks really nice and is renovated. Not sure what the hours are or if guests can play. All the B-More guys used to come up there-Michael Lloyd, Mugsy, Donta Bright, etc.

Actually, this is your best bet.

https://www.towson.edu/studentlife/activities/recreation/campusrec/hours.html
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:48 pm

80sballboy wrote:

I belong to Brick Bodies in Cockeysville, which is about 10 minutes from Towson (North 83 or just down York Rd). They have a nice full court and baskets on the side. There are outdoor courts on Kenilworth Drive across from Towson Woods Apts that are ok. Towson University has Burdick Gym, which looks really nice and is renovated. Not sure what the hours are or if guests can play. All the B-More guys used to come up there-Michael Lloyd, Mugsy, Donta Bright, etc.

I didnt even know Brick Bodies was a gym till now. (none in the west coast). Do they get a lot of basketball runs at that gym? The Court does look nice.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#4 » by 80sballboy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:51 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

I didnt even know Brick Bodies was a gym till now. (none in the west coast). Do they get a lot of basketball runs at that gym? The Court does look nice.

Yes, a ton.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:56 pm

80sballboy wrote:
PKABOOICU wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

Yes, a ton.

sweet, you may have just persuaded me. Thanks for the info!

any other insight is welcome from anybody else!
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:00 pm

BTW Whats their monthly fee?
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#7 » by 80sballboy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:06 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:BTW Whats their monthly fee?

I knew you would ask that. It ain't cheap. That's why I recommended Burdick at Towson University.

https://www.brickbodies.com/memberships/

https://www.joinmyhealthclub.com/CompeteJOL/510255/20
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:11 pm

damn thats twice the price of LA Fitness lol, thanks for the info though. I might still join. Burdick closes at 7..too early for me.

Return to Washington Wizards