Political Roundtable Part XXI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,674

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXI 

Post#1861 » by Pointgod » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Analysis: No, one-third of African Americans don’t support Trump. Not even close.

Trump has also attempted to inoculate himself from charges of racism by selectively citing polling numbers, which suggest he’s remarkably popular for a Republican president among African Americans.

Read on Twitter

Polling firms that have interviewed far more African Americans, and that are much more transparent than Rasmussen, all show that Trump’s black approval rating is much lower than 36 percent.

For example, Gallup has interviewed thousands of African American respondents in 2018. Its polling suggests that Trump’s black approval rating has consistently been around 10 to 15 percent through 2018.

The same is true in polling by Ipsos/Reuters:

Similarly, the polling firm Civiqs, which has interviewed more than 140,000 respondents in 2017 and 2018, suggests that Trump’s black approval rating has consistently been in the single-digits throughout his presidency:

These data remind us to be skeptical of outlier polls — especially when those results fly in the face of what we already know about African Americans’ weak support for Republican presidents in general and their strong disapproval of Donald Trump in particular.
Washington Post

It's pretty obvious. Only an idiot would believe that 30% of black people support Donald Trump.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1862 » by Pointgod » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Analysis: No, one-third of African Americans don’t support Trump. Not even close.

Trump has also attempted to inoculate himself from charges of racism by selectively citing polling numbers, which suggest he’s remarkably popular for a Republican president among African Americans.

Read on Twitter

Polling firms that have interviewed far more African Americans, and that are much more transparent than Rasmussen, all show that Trump’s black approval rating is much lower than 36 percent.

For example, Gallup has interviewed thousands of African American respondents in 2018. Its polling suggests that Trump’s black approval rating has consistently been around 10 to 15 percent through 2018.

Similarly, the polling firm Civiqs, which has interviewed more than 140,000 respondents in 2017 and 2018, suggests that Trump’s black approval rating has consistently been in the single-digits throughout his presidency:

These data remind us to be skeptical of outlier polls — especially when those results fly in the face of what we already know about African Americans’ weak support for Republican presidents in general and their strong disapproval of Donald Trump in particular.
Washington Post

It's pretty obvious. Only an idiot would believe that 30% of black people support Donald Trump.
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#1863 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:01 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

womp womp
like i said, its a full rebuild.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1864 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:05 am

Read on Twitter
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#1865 » by Pointgod » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:59 am

Maybe Larry coon Elder should get a job with the administration if he's so adamant about minority representation.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1866 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:02 am

so phil mudd gets to scream at paris denard like this? scream at him to get out? No cries of racist!!!???? Where are my race mongers????
Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1867 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:48 am

this might explain a lot of the vitriol and hypocrisy we read here. a whole lot.
Read on Twitter

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#1868 » by pancakes3 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:54 am

stilldropin20 wrote:so phil mudd gets to scream at paris denard like this? scream at him to get out? No cries of racist!!!???? Where are my race mongers????
Read on Twitter

do you really want an answer?

a security clearance is a *clearance* - not carte blanche access to classified materials. you can tell, because it's in the plain language of the status - "security clearance."

they are cleared because they are vetted to be trustworthy enough to have the potential of being privvy to classified information. it involves interviews, an assessment of financial holdings, an investigation into work history, etc. i know it seems like a bunch of Washington insider information, but in this case, insider information really just means information that you are not personally informed about.

paris denard is using trump's politicization of revoking security clearances as a propaganda mechanism to stir fears in the minds of underinformed viewers. he is implying that individuals who have been cleared (holding a security clearance) need to, as a matter of course, to be revoked their security clearance when they leave public service, and not doing so is the *deep state* keeping people in the know who have no business being in the know. this is wrong.

someone who holds a security clearance does not allow them to access some sort of database of sensitive knowledge, for as long as they have the clearance.it merely makes them eligible to be disclosed confidential information.

as an analogy, that's like someone being de-certified from medical practice when someone began a secondary career of purchasing real estate. pushed further, it's analogous to someone being revoked their high school diplomas after graduating high school.

this is the fallacy that paris is promulgating, and that is the assertion to which phil mudd is responding to.

as to paris's point of people being paid money for their "security clearance" - the clearance merely serves as a proxy/signal that they have been (a) extensively vetted, and (b) been previously trusted with sensitive governmental information. that is a valuable credential, not because of the actual information that holders of security clearances are privy to, but the fact that someone is trustworthy.

if someone is running a company, they would hire people that are trustworthy and the security clearance is a signal that the person who holds the clearance is trustworthy without the company running their own private sector version of vetting the candidate for trustworthiness. paris is implying that holders of security clearances in private company positions are being hired for their access to information and that is a lie. that is a prey on ignorant fear. that is wrong.

please, be smarter than this, if you're able to.
Bullets -> Wizards
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1869 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:16 am

pancakes3 wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:so phil mudd gets to scream at paris denard like this? scream at him to get out? No cries of racist!!!???? Where are my race mongers????
Read on Twitter

do you really want an answer?

a security clearance is a *clearance* - not carte blanche access to classified materials. you can tell, because it's in the plain language of the status - "security clearance."

they are cleared because they are vetted to be trustworthy enough to have the potential of being privvy to classified information. it involves interviews, an assessment of financial holdings, an investigation into work history, etc. i know it seems like a bunch of Washington insider information, but in this case, insider information really just means information that you are not personally informed about.

paris denard is using trump's politicization of revoking security clearances as a propaganda mechanism to stir fears in the minds of underinformed viewers. he is implying that individuals who have been cleared (holding a security clearance) need to, as a matter of course, to be revoked their security clearance when they leave public service, and not doing so is the *deep state* keeping people in the know who have no business being in the know. this is wrong.

someone who holds a security clearance does not allow them to access some sort of database of sensitive knowledge, for as long as they have the clearance.it merely makes them eligible to be disclosed confidential information.

as an analogy, that's like someone being de-certified from medical practice when someone began a secondary career of purchasing real estate. pushed further, it's analogous to someone being revoked their high school diplomas after graduating high school.

this is the fallacy that paris is promulgating, and that is the assertion to which phil mudd is responding to.

as to paris's point of people being paid money for their "security clearance" - the clearance merely serves as a proxy/signal that they have been (a) extensively vetted, and (b) been previously trusted with sensitive governmental information. that is a valuable credential, not because of the actual information that holders of security clearances are privy to, but the fact that someone is trustworthy.

if someone is running a company, they would hire people that are trustworthy and the security clearance is a signal that the person who holds the clearance is trustworthy without the company running their own private sector version of vetting the candidate for trustworthiness. paris is implying that holders of security clearances in private company positions are being hired for their access to information and that is a lie. that is a prey on ignorant fear. that is wrong.

please, be smarter than this, if you're able to.

despite what GTN/pointgod or whoever doesn't believe me, i really was an ET/CT tech abourd our most secret submarines in the US Navy. That rate is now called Naval Intelligence officer. I worked in the radio room and was a ships diver. I still hold a TS-SI-SCI security clearance. I am very aware of of everything about them, how they work, how much they look into you, personality tests, need to know, etc

It's a valuable thing to have. Thats why brennen is crying like a lil biotch over it. But its not the be all end all thing to have. If Brennen values it he should act like it. Anything can take them away. Carrying too much in debt can easily wipe them out. travelling too much to "political hot spots." As can Calling a sitting US President a traitor. It is not a position that the former CIA Chief can take without proof. Clapper and brennen have embarrased themselves on CNN. In a way that no other former political appointee ever has. Something is rotten in denmark. So rotten that they must feel especially empowered to come out against. If trump colluded, why didn't they catch it???!!! And if he did certainly some proof would emerge 2 years later?
With over 5 different government bodies fully investigating it and the media spending 2 years chasing it down every single rabbit hole???? Cdrtainly their should be somehting right??? But there's not...still Brennen and clapper keep chirping about. Clearly to undermine him politically...problem is it also undermines the president and our democracy on the world's stage...which is the point<--that's what the left wants...the left/deep state has taken a "take him down at all costs" approach. This is not good. the left/globalists are purposefully sending a message to china, mexico, canada, russia, trukey, North korea that they dont have to deal with trump...just wait him out until the left weakens him politically and impeaches him. We still know what game you're playing. we're not the dumb bumbling fools you think we are. The deep state keeps sending messages to foreign governments to not make deals with Trump. The left desperately wants power back so they can get back to globalism over nationalism. Apparently the left just hates this country. hates the poeple in it. They want the United states to suffer. For wages to be stagnant. To lose jobs oversees. And for a massive recession to occur. I think i know...because i know many liberals. They generally want to give out participation ribbons where no one wins. Not sure why a liberal would ever watch sports though. but they all do. and they especially love superheros. LOVE THEM. They love alpha males!! But only on TV. They never actually want to deal with an alpha male in real life. must be a penis thing. or a money thing. which ultimately goes to conifdence. and eventually comes around to getting laid. liberal men are sick and tired of not getting laid by the women or men that they actually want. <--that's my personal experience. All the successful alphas i know dont have those problems and they are all conservatives and trump supporters. But i digress.

Thats the left's plan. Get back to sending jobs oversees where workers work for slave wages. just so liberal americans that were not very successful can have cheap clothes and cheap TV's. Bezos' and Soros are in on it and feed these liberal idiots this nonesense as they get richer and richer. wall street succeeds. main street fails. the american middle class continues to get smaller and hold less and less wealth. and thats what the left (thinks) it wants. That is the goal of the (unknowing and self hating) left. the wealthy want it all and stupid liberal lefties are going to give it to them. everything. The clinton's got rich through all of this. So did the Obama's. The Bush's got even wealthier. Funny. Only the trumps lost money when DT became president. Imagine that!

Furthermore, the real story behind Brennen and Clapper and why CNN is going to bat for them is that with their clearances they can continue to be the conduit of classified information and leaking it on CNN as pundits or as "sources"...all designed to undermine this entire administration. CNN wants them to have access so they can continually smear the president at every turn. Thats why they care.

look...opposition is fine. this is not how its suppose to go. they literally started the day he got elected to overthrow his presidency and reverse the results of a duly elected president. I mean the enite point of democracy is free and fair elections. So far, Trump didn't collude at all...at most he got helped...and that help was nothing more than hacked emails. records of truth...being exposed....thats it. And it looks more and more and more like the DNC and HRC via perkins coie via Fusion set up the trump campaign with 20 minute russian meeting. All the colluding was done by HRC and the DNC...real payments. over $10M. Real pain. bought and paid for by the DNC and HRC and to Russians.

the weird thing is that it was HRC that made the deal to sell 20% of our uranium reserves. That left the country via Canada and were shipped to Russia. and worse sold the reserves in Kazakhstan. All while WJC was earning massive speaking fees in the middle east and Russia. <--all of which were chronicled by the NYT no less.

Trump is nothing more than a billionaire outsider that is bringing common sense back to american government. Thats all that is happening here. Common sense on the part of the american people. Why you liberals are so blinded by it is beyond ridiculous. The lefts thirst for power is really scary...why cant you give up control to trump? No one is going to reverse brown vs board or Roe vs. Wade. You might make us jump through a ton of hoops to get them but We are going to keep our guns. and we might make you jumpt through a ton of hoops to get them but you guys are going to keep your late term same birth abortions. But for now, you lost the damn election. back off. go away. take a breath. and the douchebags like brennen, clapper, ohr, stzok, mccabe, and comey that put this entire coup in play can drop their security clearences at the door on the way out and dont let it hit them in the ass.

have you ever asked yourself why doesn't CNN ever say anything good about this administration? like one single good thing????? I mean, ive seen jilted ex wives and husbands with far more nice things to say. something is clearly not right here in this entire debacle. even you lefty liberals have to be scratching your heads and wondering why their is no evidence yet brought against trump in this collusion thing. how on earth could he still president if he colluded with russians and is a russian asset? Fact is all the real evidence points to a HRC/DNC setting up trump and outright making stuff up. it's painfully obvious. i mean torturously obviously. And the fact is that the left doesn't care. they just want to be back in power. So desperate to take him down that they really over stepped into the theatre of the absurd. Ive never seen a group more desperate for power. never even imagined anything like this would really happen. house of cards stuff. and for what? Why? Why is it so neceassary to stop an administration that is clearly working for the american people. What is so bad or so awful about the american middle class winning?
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1870 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:05 am

Read on Twitter
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#1871 » by pancakes3 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:09 am

you're just too stupid. sorry.
Bullets -> Wizards
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1872 » by Wizardspride » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:17 pm

This judge has been acting "strangely" to say the least.

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1873 » by Wizardspride » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Read on Twitter

Washington Post

They also believe Trump's approval rating is well over 50% so......
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#1874 » by closg00 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Wizardspride wrote:This judge has been acting "strangely" to say the least.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I am not there in the courtroom, but like I've said before, it sure seems like the Judge is subtly trying to sink the governments case.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#1875 » by dckingsfan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Looks like Devos is rolling back more rules... And yet nothing to repeal the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act, sigh.

They should just kill the DOE - it has been such a cluster for both sides.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1876 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1877 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:51 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Read on Twitter

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

black people are happy under the trump economy. and were miserable under obama.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1878 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:58 pm

pancakes3 wrote:you're just too stupid. sorry.

Read on Twitter
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#1879 » by dckingsfan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Interesting write-up (IMO). The one thing that could (again, IMO) derail the Ds is the trade wars - if Trump can make enough progress in 90 days, it could also bury the Rs.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-big-picture-in-the-race-for-the-house/?ex_cid=2018-forecast
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#1880 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Washington Wizards