ImageImageImageImageImage

Seismic Shift in the East: Thomas Bryant a Wizard

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: Seismic Shift in the East: Thomas Bryant a Wizard 

Post#601 » by FAH1223 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 12:43 pm

GoneShammGone wrote:Bumping this thread since we may be in the last four games of TB's tenure as a Wizard.

I've always loved TB because of his energy and attitude. He's an easy guy to root for, plus he's got an intriguing skill set. But it looks like his run in DC is coming to an end. The fact that he is regularly getting DNP CDs for a non-playoff team running out the string means he's unlikely to be back.

So where does he go from here? Coming off an ACL injury and a season with sporadic playing time, does he cost any more than the vet minimum next year? And would he sign here even if the Wizards wanted him? With Gaff and KP in front of him, I have to figure there are more attractive teams out there who could offer him a bigger role.

Personally, I think TB is a solid backup center. His defense is sub-par, but its not as bad as people make it out. For 15-20 minutes a game his shooting and hustle can benefit a team. I know its incredibly unlikely, but I still would love to see the Wizards try him at the 4. Let him back up Rui for the last 4 games. He's not going to be able to switch to guards, but I think he could do a decent job contesting jumpers. Playing him with Gaff or KP means you don't need to rely on him for rim protection ... just let him make plays with hustle and energy and knock down a few jumpers.

Alas, I don't think that's gonna happen. So farewell TB, I enjoyed watching you as a Wizard!

payitforward wrote:I think that sounds just about right, Shamm.... Wish the kid well. Seems like a really terrific person.

The only other potential perspective is that the staff has figured out that, in some way & for some reason, he hasn't yet recovered physically, & that's why he's not playing. Not saying that's likely....

I think TB signs like a 1 year $5M prove it deal somewhere.

I could see DAL, LAL, SAS, DET as potential suitors.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#602 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Lol @ LAL being a contender. Lakers can only offer vet min to bring back TB
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#603 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jul 6, 2022 5:37 am

Read on Twitter

Veteran minimum is all LAL has

Minutes are there though
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#604 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jul 6, 2022 12:09 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Veteran minimum is all LAL has

Minutes are there though
This is just. Urgh. I was fine letting him walk. But going back to the Lakers on a min deal........... Dude unless that was legit the only offer he had.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,323

Post#605 » by nate33 » Wed Jul 6, 2022 12:53 pm

Teams weren't going to pay much for a guy with questionable defense who has played a total of 37 games in the past 2 seasons. He might have been able to get more than the vet minimum somewhere, but probably a 2-year $6M type of deal on some team where he would be the 2nd string center. Instead, he went to the second biggest media market on a team where he has a chance to start. If he has a good showing, maybe he can get MLE money next summer.

It's a good choice for Bryant. I wish him luck.

It's too bad he couldn't stay here on a vet minimum deal. He would have been nice as a Porzingis stand-in for the 20 games that Porzingis will inevitably miss. But obviously, Bryant wanted to go where he could get regular minutes.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#606 » by payitforward » Wed Jul 6, 2022 1:09 pm

A great kid! Hope he does really well in LA & gets himself re-established in the league.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#607 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jul 7, 2022 6:47 am

payitforward wrote:A great kid! Hope he does really well in LA & gets himself re-established in the league.

The Wizards giving up on him is most likely a harbinger of great things to come for Thomas Bryant. Otto Porter, Gary Payton II, Garrett Temple, Garrison Mathews, Kelly Oubre... all are still in the league making $$. Bryant was BLESSED to leave the Wizards.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,323

Post#608 » by nate33 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 1:14 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
payitforward wrote:A great kid! Hope he does really well in LA & gets himself re-established in the league.

The Wizards giving up on him is most likely a harbinger of great things to come for Thomas Bryant. Otto Porter, Gary Payton II, Garrett Temple, Garrison Mathews, Kelly Oubre... all are still in the league making $$. Bryant was BLESSED to leave the Wizards.

Perhaps. But things didn't work out all so well for guys like Sato, Troy Brown, Mo Wagner or Isaac Bonga after leaving the Wizards. Sato, in particular had his best years here.

Return to Washington Wizards