ImageImageImageImageImage

Howard signs a 2 year deal for the tax MLE with a player option per Woj

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Re: Howard signs a 2 year deal for the tax MLE with a player option per Woj 

Post#661 » by 80sballboy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:50 am

Ugh as if things couldn’t get worse or stranger, Ted has to be just ready to fire everyone including Zach.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#662 » by BigA » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Maybe the Wizards have finally hit bottom.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#663 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Read on Twitter
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,716

Post#664 » by CobraCommander » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:16 pm

I love Gil! But when the Wiz cleaned house after the gun stuff and we eveually got rid of swaggyP, Javel, Blatch and everyone else that Turned DC into a clown show- I WAS HAPPY. We may have been just aight but we were a basketball team making the new for basketball. Starting last year- Wall and Gortat erroded the professionalism of the team with their “BS” and with this years play and all the bad media coverage, it was starting to feel like we were only in the news for bad basketball and a lack of leadership- BUT THIS THING WITH HOWARD IS DIFFERENT. I hope this isnt true (not the gay thing...i dont care if he is gay) that he is threatening people (his crew and pastor) because that will make the childish jokes about the salacious rumors last so much longer as they litigate this on twitter. The wizards needs to be about basketball not about all the other stuff...
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#665 » by truwizfan4evr » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:22 am

CobraCommander wrote:I love Gil! But when the Wiz cleaned house after the gun stuff and we eveually got rid of swaggyP, Javel, Blatch and everyone else that Turned DC into a clown show- I WAS HAPPY. We may have been just aight but we were a basketball team making the new for basketball. Starting last year- Wall and Gortat erroded the professionalism of the team with their “BS” and with this years play and all the bad media coverage, it was starting to feel like we were only in the news for bad basketball and a lack of leadership- BUT THIS THING WITH HOWARD IS DIFFERENT. I hope this isnt true (not the gay thing...i dont care if he is gay) that he is threatening people (his crew and pastor) because that will make the childish jokes about the salacious rumors last so much longer as they litigate this on twitter. The wizards needs to be about basketball not about all the other stuff...

That howard dramajust add on to this mess of a franchise. gunny you bring up our crazy passwith blache,mcgee, young, and gill. Ernie was here for all of this. He wants good character guy's as he says just as his gm work he has terrible judgement.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
WallStar
Junior
And1: 192

Post#666 » by WallStar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:18 am

LMAO these buttocks injuries are starting to make perfect sense. :lol: :lol:
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#667 » by barelyawake » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:08 pm

A good organization would put out a statement, unless a portion of the rumors are true. It’s hard to decide if this team is incompetent or hiding something. I will engage in wild, yet educated, speculation. So, if your response is something about how my argument is created out of whole cloth, could be.

Before Howard signed here, my feeling was he was probably gay. It would explain a lot. It would explain why athletes continue to claim Dwight is “disruptive” while never able to point to any one thing. It would explain why people say Dwight “jokes too much” without ever providing examples of those jokes. Sounds like a guy making gay “jokes” that cross the line in a locker room full of testosterone. Could I be way off? Absolutely. Funny that I thought that way before the current speculation.

This is why there is no statement. They want to change the subject entirely. This is why we need a historic moment to change the conversation. Find me a coach and/or GM who can overpower the stories about Wall, Beal and Howard, and allow them to be cogs rather than the focus on their own stories. That will take a very famous coach or a historic one. So, their hire becomes the story of us for the remainder of this iteration of the team. That person is Becky.

If we merely had a leader on the bench who could have held us together through the first handful of games without Howard, we would be looking at a different season.
Wulu Alecu
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#668 » by Wulu Alecu » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:28 pm

barelyawake wrote:A good organization would put out a statement, unless a portion of the rumors are true. It’s hard to decide if this team is incompetent or hiding something. I will engage in wild, yet educated, speculation. So, if your response is something about how my argument is created out of whole cloth, could be.

Before Howard signed here, my feeling was he was probably gay. It would explain a lot. It would explain why athletes continue to claim Dwight is “disruptive” while never able to point to any one thing. It would explain why people say Dwight “jokes too much” without ever providing examples of those jokes. Sounds like a guy making gay “jokes” that cross the line in a locker room full of testosterone. Could I be way off? Absolutely. Funny that I thought that way before the current speculation.

This is why there is no statement. They want to change the subject entirely. This is why we need a historic moment to change the conversation. Find me a coach and/or GM who can overpower the stories about Wall, Beal and Howard, and allow them to be cogs rather than the focus on their own stories. That will take a very famous coach or a historic one. So, their hire becomes the story of us for the remainder of this iteration of the team. That person is Becky.

If we merely had a leader on the bench who could have held us together through the first handful of games without Howard, we would be looking at a different season.

His goofball ways annoyed me way before i even speculated that he is gay or bi.

Dwight is Dwight, Tim Duncan is Tim Duncan.
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#669 » by barelyawake » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Wulu Alecu wrote:
barelyawake wrote:A good organization would put out a statement, unless a portion of the rumors are true. It’s hard to decide if this team is incompetent or hiding something. I will engage in wild, yet educated, speculation. So, if your response is something about how my argument is created out of whole cloth, could be.

Clowns often hide the deepest pain.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#670 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:42 pm

You are right about the Wizards not being a good enough organization to get out ahead of this and squelch all the rumors.

Your analysis that Howard is gay may well be true, but there's also the issue that the accuser is highly motivated to sell a book, so I'm going to avoid any speculation.

It does present an interesting dilemma for the Wizards. Presumably, Howard isn't ready to admit he is gay (if he is) or else he would have "come out" already. So the Wizards can't simply issue a press release that says, "There's nothing wrong with being gay. Mind your own business." It would undermine Howard. And they can't say, "This is all a hoax." because portions of it might well be true and more facts might come out that support the rumors.
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#671 » by barelyawake » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Yup. And btw, my feeling is the story itself is mostly untrue. It’s only the gay portion that gives the book seller cover, because Howard won’t respond. All speculation, but I believe it fits.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#672 » by I_Like_Dirt » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:34 pm

CobraCommander wrote:The news is the wiz misdiagnosed the cause of the issue....just saying -

Not mad at you D...but yeah

I mean, it's hard to be mad about any of this. I really hope Dwight didn't actually threaten anyone and have no idea what happened here but this is basically just walking punchline after walking punchline. An obvious gag reel that would make the 3 stooges proud.
Bucket! Bucket!
Wulu Alecu
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#673 » by Wulu Alecu » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:10 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:The news is the wiz misdiagnosed the cause of the issue....just saying -

Not mad at you D...but yeah

I mean, it's hard to be mad about any of this. I really hope Dwight didn't actually threaten anyone and have no idea what happened here but this is basically just walking punchline after walking punchline. An obvious gag reel that would make the 3 stooges proud.

Desn't the NBA have fixers resolving situations like this Dwight coudl call?

barelyawake wrote:
Wulu Alecu wrote:

Clowns often hide the deepest pain.

And sometimes they are just annoying childish jerks.
Wizfanman
Freshman
And1: 72

Post#674 » by Wizfanman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:22 pm

Wizards lead the league in gay centers, first Jason Collins now probably Dwight.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#675 » by I_Like_Dirt » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Wulu Alecu wrote:Desn't the NBA have fixers resolving situations like this Dwight coudl call?

Who knows. But really, I don't see your point here. I'm going to wait to find out what actually happened as best as possible before coming to any tentative conclusions. And we may never have that and so we may never know. This may have been a big scam and we're never sure, and it also might be the case that Dwight is truly an awful person and we'll never know for sure, or anything in between.

As far as the Wizards go, this is a drop in the bucket. Ernie is the same GM who traded for Latrell Sprewell after he choked his coach. He's the GM who built up the brilliant Crittenton/Arenas/Blatche/McGee/Young/I'm-sure-I'm-forgetting-another-dozen-or-so-names team that was "fun." He's got a team that features Markieff Morris as a key rotation piece and what Morris did was... not good. He's also got a caste of wholly unlikely characters including Rivers, Green, Oubre, Wall, and yes, Dwight, too. Frankly, it would be more surprising if these sorts of things didn't happen.
Bucket! Bucket!
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,322

Post#676 » by Kanyewest » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:27 pm

From Reddit. Looks like there is a significant chance that the rumors are untrue given that the person has accused others which seem to have been proven false, the screen grabs and recordings seem to be fake, and that the person is also trying to publicize a book.

Reminder: The women is “exposing” Dwight Howard did the same thing to Playboi Carti in 2016, creating fake DMs and audio and sent them to his GF

In 2016, this Masin girl (who is a YouTuber tryna gain clout) made fake DMs and Audio about carti hooking up with trans :

and sent them to his gf, Rubi Rose who went off on Twitter. Later it was found that the DMs and Audio was fake and she apologized.

Don’t just jump to conclusions with this Dwight bs this girl is a clout chaser who has lied before about the same thing

https://mtonews.com/41563-2-playboi-carti-atlanta

More information (to get post reapproved)

https://youtu.be/Cf4w54EELUM

I’m not sure if there are any articles it was a while ago but for now that’s what I’ve found

Here is the original post of the SAME bitch who exposes Dwight

https://youtu.be/6lt1AIg0YsA

Here are the fake texts that carti was accused with

https://youtu.be/DbKcCmJZZ6A

DMS are fake :

Read on Twitter

These DMs were fakes in 15 mins to show how easy it is (credit to /u/DeerOnTheRocks):

https://streamable.com/7y0gb

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/a08yzo/reminder_the_women_is_exposing_dwight_howard_did/
trast66
Rookie
And1: 611

Post#677 » by trast66 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 pm

No surprise Dwight causing a distraction. I think its a shakedown but is anyone really shocked Dwight is in a story like this? Another reason you don't sign him, especially with a 2nd year player option.

If it was Brad or Otto THAT would be surprising. Keep those guys.

I_Like_Dirt is correct the Ernie is drawn to some unsavory characters, especially when there is no institutional control or "leadership" from front office. Bill Belichick can sign some questionable characters because he's got the system to withstand any potential damage they can do to team.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#678 » by BigA » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, but reserve the right to make tasteless jokes in the meantime.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,716

Post#679 » by CobraCommander » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 pm

trast66 wrote:No surprise Dwight causing a distraction. I think its a shakedown but is anyone really shocked Dwight is in a story like this? Another reason you don't sign him, especially with a 2nd year player option.

If it was Brad or Otto THAT would be surprising. Keep those guys.

I_Like_Dirt is correct the Ernie is drawn to some unsavory characters, especially when there is no institutional control or "leadership" from front office. Bill Belichick can sign some questionable characters because he's got the system to withstand any potential damage they can do to team.

I’m kinda with yah....but Otto and BB aint in the running for pope. Those young dudes living—-Otto ain’t even hiding his rich bama gear...he just doing it out west and mostly during the summer. The rule is just don’t make it more about the off court than on.
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#680 » by stilldropin20 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:21 am

gun to my head, i think Dwight is gay or Bi.

I also know that many athletes are gay. I could care less. I've had many friends that are gay or bi through the years. They tend to be a bit unstable so the friendships dont last. But i also find that most friendships dont last.

I also know that there is a somewhat significant portion of the population that is at least somewhat gay or bi. Multiple studies and kinsey factor type tests show that sexuality is fluid and others research shows that 30-40% of most males and females have experienced at least some type of gay experience or felt some type of attraction to the same sex before they are 21 years old.

So if people are gay...whatevs...so what...the problems arise when people suppress their true feelings. Like politicians or athletes...that are not allowed to fully express their sexuality unless they are in the WNBA.

If Dwight is gay or is into trannies he should just come out. free himself. and move on. he's certainly ripped off enough NBA franchises along the way that he dont need the damn money!
like i said, its a full rebuild.

Return to Washington Wizards