Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7 

Post#1841 » by closg00 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:07 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Kelly Oubre is playing his best basketball. He's dropping 25 nightly, more efficiently than Beal.

KO is on-fire, he's a Top-10 3-point shooter
https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/player/_/table/offensive/sort/avgThreePointFieldGoalsMade/dir/desc

When you see the father of the player and he is a solid standup guy and gives you an indication of what the sun might become in a few years. I think the wizards were very foolish and putting all their eggs in the John Wall and Bradley Beal baskets. What I would’ve done is keep both Oubre and Porter and gotten rid of either John or Bradley Beal. Where I was mistaken is that I did not respect how good Bradley Beal could play or would become but he has fallen after just what I thought he’d always be. I don’t know if that made sense. I didn’t think Bill was going to become a 30 point score

It would be interesting to do a reconstruction of Ernie Grunfeld moves in his last years and see what kind of team we could have ended-up with, with the young talent that was acquired along the way. Ernie could never get the balance right between developing young talent, and always burning assets for win now moves. Of-course the cap is always a consideration too. Otto was always injured, but I always believed KO was worth holding onto, not so-much Brown.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#1842 » by dckingsfan » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:24 pm

Sucks for Rubio and the Cavs...
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#1843 » by dckingsfan » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:26 pm

And backfilling with Rondo... interesting...
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1844 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:58 pm

I wouldn’t have minded Rondo
In Rizzo we trust
closg00
RealGM

Post#1845 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 7:59 pm

Jalen Smith had been in the Suns doghouse and there were rumors that he was up for trade. Jalen acquitted himself well in his first start, dunno why they would want to abandon a young front court player.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1846 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 1:59 pm

closg00 wrote:Jalen Smith had been in the Suns doghouse and there were rumors that he was up for trade. Jalen acquitted himself well in his first start, dunno why they would want to abandon a young front court player.
They declined his option right? So he's gonna be a freeagenst and I doubt he's gonna wanna come back. If we find a way to move bertans or Kuz or Trez I'd love to try and take a run at him at the deadline or in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1847 » by payitforward » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:45 pm

Sticks is

doing all this for CCJ !!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#1848 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:01 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
closg00 wrote:Jalen Smith had been in the Suns doghouse and there were rumors that he was up for trade. Jalen acquitted himself well in his first start, dunno why they would want to abandon a young front court player.
They declined his option right? So he's gonna be a freeagenst and I doubt he's gonna wanna come back. If we find a way to move bertans or Kuz or Trez I'd love to try and take a run at him at the deadline or in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

The highlights didn't look very impressive to me. On almost every defensive rotation, he ended up committing the foul. He had just 2 defensive rebounds and his team was blown out. Offensively, he only hit shots right at the rim. The only thing he did well was hit the offensive glass.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1849 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:19 pm

He followed up the Boston game with a 2nd straight 19 point game - as Phoenix destroyed Charlotte - and he he had 12 boards and 2 blocks. My view on him was and is he'll be a fine 3rd big. As nate pointed out, he's slow in reacting in defensive rotations - his defensive BBIQ was always an issue at MD. But he's a good athlete with a very good shooting touch and 3 point range.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
closg00
RealGM

Post#1850 » by closg00 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 4:14 pm

Ruzious wrote:He followed up the Boston game with a 2nd straight 19 point game - as Phoenix destroyed Charlotte - and he he had 12 boards and 2 blocks. My view on him was and is he'll be a fine 3rd big. As nate pointed out, he's slow in reacting in defensive rotations - his defensive BBIQ was always an issue at MD. But he's a good athlete with a very good shooting touch and 3 point range.

Same age as Deni, and Deni has been a pro longer, still has upside as a front court player.
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2022/1/5/22868110/in-review-jalen-smiths-big-opportunity-phoenix-suns
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#1851 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:43 pm

closg00 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:He followed up the Boston game with a 2nd straight 19 point game - as Phoenix destroyed Charlotte - and he he had 12 boards and 2 blocks. My view on him was and is he'll be a fine 3rd big. As nate pointed out, he's slow in reacting in defensive rotations - his defensive BBIQ was always an issue at MD. But he's a good athlete with a very good shooting touch and 3 point range.

Same age as Deni, and Deni has been a pro longer, still has upside as a front court player.
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2022/1/5/22868110/in-review-jalen-smiths-big-opportunity-phoenix-suns
I predicted Jalen Smith was going to be good ---acquire him to play along with Deni
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1852 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 6, 2022 9:07 pm

Remember Braxton Key on a couple of those great UVA teams a few years ago? Not a high scorer at all, but one of those glue type guys - I thought he had a chance at the NBA - though he was probably never discussed as a prospect - well, he had a huge game winning the G League Championship, and the 6ers signed him to a 10 day contract. I think he might stick... as a burly defensive-minded PF who can handle the ball a bit - like a poor man's Draymond Green.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RealGM

Post#1853 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:18 am

Ruzious wrote:Remember Braxton Key on a couple of those great UVA teams a few years ago? Not a high scorer at all, but one of those glue type guys - I thought he had a chance at the NBA - though he was probably never discussed as a prospect - well, he had a huge game winning the G League Championship, and the 6ers signed him to a 10 day contract. I think he might stick... as a burly defensive-minded PF who can handle the ball a bit - like a poor man's Draymond Green.

Gee whiz, Wally Cleaver, get a load of someone suggesting undersized power forwards have a place in this league.

The next thing you know the guy might say that TEN YEARS AGO I PREDICTED JAVALE MCGEE would be at his best, and a very good C in this league.

What will the same dude say next?

TECHNICALLY, Beal and Deni could play G and SG. Rui could play SF. Montreal Harrell, who actually does have a decent 3PT shot can DEFINITELY play PF, but I'd acquire another knock down shooter, Jalen Smith to play PF. I'd keep both Gafford and Bryant at C.

But what do I know. :D
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1854 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:19 am

I didn't type Montreal.

Montrezl should NOT be autocorrected, dammit.

:)
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1855 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:06 pm

Tristan Thompson is going to pay $50,000 per month child support for his fling, what a complete and utter fool, hope that nut was worth it.
RealGM

Post#1856 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 9, 2022 9:00 pm

closg00 wrote:Tristan Thompson is going to pay $50,000 per month child support for his fling, what a complete and utter fool, hope that nut was worth it.
$600k sounds like a whole lot of money to pay in one year... until you do the math

So far at 30 years old he has made this much money: $108,191,110.

That is $108.2M

Tristan currently is in the final season of a two-year, $19M deal, which pays him $9,7200,00 this season.

So, he's on the hook to pay $50k out out gross pay $810k. (Maybe $500k net).

He is still bringing home $450k after child support to pay for his other kids and his other expenses per month.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1857 » by closg00 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 10:53 pm

closg00 wrote:Tristan Thompson is going to pay $50,000 per month child support for his fling, what a complete and utter fool, hope that nut was worth it.
$600k sounds like a whole lot of money to pay in one year... until you do the math

So far at 30 years old he has made this much money: $108,191,110.

That is $108.2M

Tristan currently is in the final season of a two-year, $19M deal, which pays him $9,7200,00 this season.

So, he's on the hook to pay $50k out out gross pay $810k. (Maybe $500k net).

He is still bringing home $450k after child support to pay for his other kids and his other expenses per month.

They were never married, so why is she entitled to this kind of bag? Obviously he should and will pay child support, but how do they establish a price tag on a fling relationship?
RealGM

Post#1858 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:02 am

closg00 wrote:

When you see the father of the player and he is a solid standup guy and gives you an indication of what the sun might become in a few years. I think the wizards were very foolish and putting all their eggs in the John Wall and Bradley Beal baskets. What I would’ve done is keep both Oubre and Porter and gotten rid of either John or Bradley Beal. Where I was mistaken is that I did not respect how good Bradley Beal could play or would become but he has fallen after just what I thought he’d always be. I don’t know if that made sense. I didn’t think Bill was going to become a 30 point score

It would be interesting to do a reconstruction of Ernie Grunfeld moves in his last years and see what kind of team we could have ended-up with, with the young talent that was acquired along the way. Ernie could never get the balance right between developing young talent, and always burning assets for win now moves. Of-course the cap is always a consideration too. Otto was always injured, but I always believed KO was worth holding onto, not so-much Brown.

Child support and palimony or alimony or two different things my friend!.

Child support sometimes is based upon your income alone. For one child it can be 20 or 25% and I know this from personal experience, some 28 years ago. I married my first wife for the wrong reason
(Pregnant, dumb me fell for it!). but I was gonna have to pay the child support either way
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1859 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:06 am

I in my first mistake, I only was married for 17 months when she filed, but her lawyer had a nerve enough to ask for half of my income. Most of that I was in Korea by the way. Barely even haf been married and she was trying to take it all…

All the stuff about make America great again is bull I would start by purging lawyers (and I’m only kidding).

In all seriousness all you really need is an app and a mediator you can do away with any lawyer.

You could have community elders that would do the family law part and you could have business people that would do the business law part but what they want is profits and lawyers want to get over my By muddying the water and making **** difficult for the average person

Then they charge them an arm and a leg.

Legal bull is just dumb but it is intentionally vague so that you will have to pay a lawyer and a paralegal and be subjugated to the whims of some **** up judge.

Lawyers really love it when celebrities make all that money and get divorced. However in the case of Tristan Thompson that guy’s going to eat. He may go bankrupt in a few short years but right now he is still rich as ****.

So back to other team’s moves…This is 2022 and I don’t really like to get trapped in the past. Who knows how much more of a future any of us has?
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1860 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:11 am

In general teams like Chicago and Atlanta are doing better than the Wizards.

I did not like that loss to Houston the other day and I have a feeling they’re gonna be better sooner than later.

The Memphis Grizzlies are doing way better than the Wizards.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards